2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah man. The strategy of "going high when they go low" and "hey let's continue to hold our guys to some weird higher standard than what the Republicans are doing" is going awesome for the dems.

I 100% agree with you that Dems need to get vicious and start responding appropriately to the political street fight they find themselves in.  Where we disagree is that I don't think Joe is capable of fighting a street fight any more.  I wish he was, but... I just cannot maintain a suspension of disbelief that he is the capable candidate that we need at this moment in time.  I saw what I saw on CNN when he squared off against Trump, and what I saw was old, sad and feeble.

if there is no change, I hope he proves me wrong.  I guarantee I will be the first guy here to happily eat his crow.

• Hook 'Em 4

Let's say instead of showing clear mental decline, he threw up on himself.  And everyone saw he threw up on himself.   

Do you know how fucking stupid you would sound if you said:  "It's the media's fault they showed him with puke all over his shirt and tie?"

Showoff See GIF by HULU

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I understand your frustration, we're all frustrated... but you can't be this clueless.  

Neither can you. You already see everyone flocking to different candidates. If you can't get people to unite behind the sitting President, they will not unite behind anyone. Throwing everything in turmoil a few months before the election is a losing strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Neither can you. You already see everyone flocking to different candidates. If you can't get people to unite behind the sitting President, they will not unite behind anyone. Throwing everything in turmoil a few months before the election is a losing strategy. 

Misled alliances fracture.  The dems should try not misleading theirs.

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Let's say instead of showing clear mental decline, he threw up on himself.  And everyone saw he threw up on himself.   

Do you know how fucking stupid you would sound if you said:  "It's the media's fault they showed him with puke all over his shirt and tie?"

Showoff See GIF by HULU

It's just this rich elite media and that lying son of a bitch, Trump. 

c54c67c4-dfd9-47ea-af95-f57706577f15_scr

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Showoff See GIF by HULU

i absolutely would say that.  as a cowboys fan, i frequently yell at the biased media for reporting their 4-11 record in the playoffs this century.

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

The Dems probably don't have a winning strategy at this point.   But it certainly isn't running Biden.  The fact that Biden is digging in and thinks he is still the best option to beat Trump is further proof he's going senile.  Everyone clinging to that hope is flat out living in denial.   You all can cuss the media all you want but I watched the debate and it was clear 15 minutes in that Biden was fucking toast this election.  Kamala would almost certainly be a huge underdog coming in late but she will actually have a chance to make up the difference unlike Biden.  His narrative is set no matter how many 'fiery' interviews he does.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Some of them do.

Here's mine.

Force Joe Biden to drop out.

Go balls to the wall with piss and vigor until election day. 

That is clearly the best bet to everyone outside of apparently Biden and his inner circle + a handful on this board with their head in the sand.

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)

Axelrod pointed out Biden was up 10 at this point in 2020 and is now down 6 this year.  The up 10 was a mirage given how tight the race finished.  If up 6 is also misrepresenting Trump's performance then the likelihood of a real red wave is more probable than a Biden squeaker.  And Biden defiantly telling people to get in line and support him is going to turnoff independents.  He is going to get fucking smoked.

Edited by babysdaddy
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Awesome. Vote for Trump then. Cause those are your choices. 

Ok?  So Dems are going to save America by telling middle-of-the-road voters to eat their rancid porridge and like it?

bold.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Is it about his inner circle + his pride? Or is it a sincere belief that no one else can beat Trump? 

Do you become President of the US without having a massive ego? 

Bidens legacy may end up being he helped lead to the dismantling of American democracy.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I refuse to be a part of any political discourse that holds one candidate to a different standard than the other. I refuse to sit by and watch people talk about Biden being unfit while the alternative candidate is a raving lunatic. I refuse to watch or consume any of this concern trolling that is happening in the media, who is only concerned with dividing so that they can make more money for their shareholders.

Biden is the same person he was before the debate. If you lot wanted another candidate you had your chance to make it happen.

Thank you! Good fucking christ, it's weird how multiple posters have "independent" friends who are not voting after the debate, because of Biden's performance. Where are the conservative leaning friends who are not voting because Donald is a convicted felon rapist who is going to implement Project 2025, outlaw abortion, and confuses Hillary with Nancy while babbling about what's worse, shark attacks or being electrocuted by a boat battery. Nobody has any friends who are consistent Republican voters that are saying no to that? Weird. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Ok?  So Dems are going to save America by telling middle-of-the-road voters to eat their rancid porridge and like it?

bold.jpg

No. I'm just saying you're not going to find another candidate to get people united behind. If they can't united behind the sitting President against the end of democracy, they can't unite behind anyone. Having a speed primary is just going to result in more infighting between factions. I know y'all want a different choice. I'd be cool with one too. But this is fundamentally a voter problem. Everyone wants something different and isn't willing to accept anything else. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Thank you! Good fucking christ, it's weird how multiple posters have "independent" friends who are not voting after the debate, because of Biden's performance. Where are the conservative leaning friends who are not voting because Donald is a convicted felon rapist who is going to implement Project 2025, outlaw abortion, and confuses Hillary with Nancy while babbling about what's worse, shark attacks or being electrocuted by a boat battery. Nobody has any friends who are consistent Republican voters that are saying no to that? Weird. 

But a lot of us have family members who will absolutely vote for Trump even through all of those things. Trump is the useful idiot who gives the right everything their hateful hearts desire. They don't give a shit if he's a terrible person. They revel in it. He gives them authority to be just as awful as he is. Sure, there may be some on the right who sit this one out but the cult has made peace with who Trump is because he is the means to an end. They would vote against Jesus Christ himself if it were Trump vs. Jesus. That's the brain rot we're dealing with that now may create even more generational changes in our country.

As far as independents, you guys need to understand the concept that some just want to burn it all down and start over. They don't want to vote for either guy and if it means it all burns down, so be it. Lack of choices they can stomach breeds apathy. Apathy means they won't vote for Trump. They just won't vote.  That is who Biden and the Democrats need to reach but since the left's collective messaging sucks, here we are. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 7

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yep. These same people who have "eyes and ears and can see how inept Biden is" apparently didnt have eyes and ears for this entire presidency, where that exact thing has been a major republican talking point every time Biden screws up some shit he's talking about. But it's only a huge issue now 4 months out and we should throw him out and start over? Give me a break.

Trump knows he can't beat Biden. The Republicans know they can't beat Biden. So they instead try to troll the democrats into doing it for them. Fuck all of that.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I do.  They are all moderate Democrats now.  My Aunt and Uncle voted GOP their entire lives until 2018 and they are both Democrat voters notw.  Why the fuck do you think Dems are doing well in the Suburbs?  It's not because we've got great lawn care tips and bake a mean enchilada casserole.   We've picked up every Republican we are going to convert over the last 6 years.  Running a senile old fart isn't going to drive those converted voters to the polls.  Much less the sliver of indecisive "independent" dipshits that actually swing elections in WI, MI, and PA. 

The Biden Campaign's pitch of "Our meat is less rancid than the GOP's meat" isn't going to help with Moron's Who Vote(TM) who probably have golden tinged memories of Trump and think Uncle Joe is a drooling old fool. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Axelrod pointed out Biden was up 10 at this point in 2020 and is now down 6 this year.  The up 10 was a mirage given how tight the race finished.  If up 6 is also misrepresenting Trump's performance then the likelihood of a real red wave is more probable than a Biden squeaker.  And Biden defiantly telling people to get in line and support him is going to turnoff independents.  He is going to get fucking smoked.

This is, of course, fucking stupid. If any of this was true you and all of your little republican friends would line up behind and love Biden, because you would be gleeful to know you can beat him. But you can't beat him so your only move is to troll and lie.

If Biden truly was inept you'd want him on the ballot. You wouldn't be trying to gaslight everyone into replacing him before he can beat trump.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

The Biden Campaign's pitch of "Our meat is less rancid than the GOP's meat" isn't going to help with Moron's Who Vote(TM) who probably have golden tinged memories of Trump and think Uncle Joe is a drooling old fool. 

Thing is, the Biden campaigns pitch ISN'T "our shit stinks less" - they have actual policy outcomes and goals and shit that they are campaigning on. Trumpco just isn't engaging with that and is steering the dialogue as he always does via his firehose of falsehoods. And then when the octagenarian inevitably does a senior moment, that's ALL that the dialogue is about. 

It's hard to convince idiots to not vote for the guy who looks like and truly represents them. And for many of this country, that person is a criminally fraudulent child rapist

• Hook 'Em 6

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yep. These same people who have "eyes and ears and can see how inept Biden is" apparently didnt have eyes and ears for this entire presidency, where that exact thing has been a major republican talking point every time Biden screws up some shit he's talking about. But it's only a huge issue now 4 months out and we should throw him out and start over? Give me a break.

Trump knows he can't beat Biden. The Republicans know they can't beat Biden. So they instead try to troll the democrats into doing it for them. Fuck all of that.

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

• Hook 'Em 2

It's a bad sign that Trump is actively trying to court the center by "softening" the platform. That tells me both campaigns have seen the data and moderates are back in play due to Biden's historically bad debate performance.

Drop Out, Joe.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Bidens approval rating is the second lowest in MODERN HISTORY for a first time President.

Can scream until you are blue in the face about how awesome Biden is but America doesn't agree. 

Again, it doesn't matter. You're not going to find another candidate. You're just not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If you can't get people to unite behind the sitting President, they will not unite behind anyone.

This is a logical fallacy that assumes the president isn't suffering obvious mental decline.

It's like saying if people aren't ordering the offal there's no way we should but a New York strip on the menu. 

• Hook 'Em 1

95% of the people posting here all want the same thing, they just disagree about the best way to achieve  it.  And 100% of those people have been wrong about something at some point in their life.  Most definitely including me.

The stakes are high, people believe they see mistakes being made, and they respond passionately.  All any of us can do is what we think best aids the situation.  For those of you fucking shit all to hell, I forgive you :D

Here's to Dems finding a way to preserve the promise of the United States.  If that isn't in the cards, I hope better men and women than them arise to re-establish it.

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

If you lot wanted another candidate you had your chance to make it happen.

How so?

Many of us have been clamoring for a different set of candidates since 2016.  But I don't think any of us have been in a position to make that happen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Bidens approval rating is the second lowest in MODERN HISTORY for a first time President.

Can scream until you are blue in the face about how awesome Biden is but America doesn't agree. 

And Trump’s is garbage and anyone who replaces Biden’s will be garbage 

Welcome to extreme polarization. Thanks a lot, modern day GOP

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

do it joe.  this geriatric was a quarter century younger than biden.

And how did that end? Oh right, the corrupt guy won because what the fuck is a Hubert Humphrey?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

I didn't think he'd dig in like this. I thought the debate (after a little time, and some encouragement) would be enough to make him realize he's about to do serious, long-lasting damage to the country by staying in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

do it joe.  this geriatric was a quarter century younger than biden.

This isn’t a great example considering it allowed the 2nd most corrupt potus in history to take office.

By the way, this is how stubborn he's been about the controversial premise that Palestinian children are human beings vis-a-vis the "steadfast support" for Israel.

They will need to force him out of the race.

What does a post 2024 win by Biden look like? That's the question that should be answered. 

I think it's actually a huge missed opportunity that leveraging the latest technology available isn't the core focus of these administrations. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I didn't think he'd dig in like this. I thought the debate (after a little time, and some encouragement) would be enough to make him realize he's about to do serious, long-lasting damage to the country by staying in. 

You ever have to take the keys away from Grandpa or an elderly parent? It looks and feels quite a bit like this

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, immamac said:

I think it's actually a huge missed opportunity that leveraging the latest technology available isn't the core focus of these administrations. 

The remote-controlled color television?

55 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

No. I'm just saying you're not going to find another candidate to get people united behind. If they can't united behind the sitting President against the end of democracy, they can't unite behind anyone. Having a speed primary is just going to result in more infighting between factions. I know y'all want a different choice. I'd be cool with one too. But this is fundamentally a voter problem. Everyone wants something different and isn't willing to accept anything else. 

The speed primary thing is stupid and a classic example of Democrats treating a broken foot with an amputation as opposed to a boot.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

As stupid as this is, I'm not sure Biden still doesn't win.  Dems haven't lost anything since Dobbs.

"Yeah, Biden is old but Trump wants to force my 14 year old daughter to have a baby."

Sure. But the people voting because of Dobbs are voting Democrat no matter what As are the staunchly anti-Trump crowd. Which makes nominating almost literally anyone else relatively low risk.

(telling you things I've already read you express) 

I don't think there's a 0% chance that Biden can win. I think there's a 0% change that he wins if the vote were held today. And I'm struggling to find the mechanisms available to him to change the narrative in his current condition.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

And how did that end? Oh right, the corrupt guy won because what the fuck is a Hubert Humphrey?

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This isn’t a great example considering it allowed the 2nd most corrupt potus in history to take office.

won't get any argument from me that pulling a rabbit out of the hat with someone that will be relatively unknown will be easy, but implying that the pullout should be expected to end the same as the 1968 overlooks . . . something.  

image.thumb.png.6e4358a9eea90c97824b647176d28c38.png

image.png.f4588f1bdb39c1b14ef945bb79196afa.png

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

He wasn't the 2nd most corrupt PotUS yet. Trump is a known entity to everyone, and the country is begging for anyone under the age of 80. We have a golden opportunity as a party and Joe is blowing it and probably his legacy (we'll see of course).

tumblr_mtuhqgHgDe1sh56fno1_400.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Do you become President of the US without having a massive ego? 

Bidens legacy may end up being he helped lead to the dismantling of American democracy.

If the Dems don’t prevail Biden’s legacy may very well be that he handed the country right back to Trump. But that story hasn’t been written. Anything can happen.

I would have been shocked by Biden’s digging in if I had not heard from his biographer who was making the rounds on networks after the debate. He said no chance he steps down. And his inner circle is tight. His family WANTS him to run. If they did not he would be very conflicted. 

what I wonder is: will this create a legit third party? A middle of the road one? Will progressive Dems split with the moderate ones (who appear to have been in hiding like Liberals were in the 80’s and 90’s)? 

I don’t see anything other than Biden is running and the party will defend him and step behind him. 

sometimes I feel like there is this amazing mythical cabinet, that is full of these incredible candidates we will never get a chance to vote for and the powers that be open the doors showing us our wildest dreams and just pick out the two they want and when we say, “Well what about that?” And the powers that be say “nope. These are the two you get. Go vote.”

————-

CNN just said records show a Parkinson’s specialist met with Biden’s physician at the White House early 2024.

For what that is worth. There are things that can cause Parkinson-ism but none good for future of running the country next four years. 

Biden is doing exactly what 95% of politicians, athletes, or others in high profile visibility professionals, do. They just can't walk away. The power, limelight, and  stardom, feeds them and they don't want to / can't give that up. He, and many others, need to follow the example set by Barry Sanders. Know when to walk away. Sadly, in this case, it isn't just a football season that will be lost. 

• Hook 'Em 6

27 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This statement shows me you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what happened in 1968.

If you understood how/why Hubert Humphry became the Dem nominee, you might come away with a different conclusion.

• Hook 'Em 1

JFC.  We should be having an empathetic conversation about using the 25th Amendment, instead a significant part of the Party is saying: "Well, if I squint just right and hold a prism up, I think I can see victory in November"  What. The. Fuck. 

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• Hook 'Em 2