2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

So the Democratic Party could very well split into two giant factions (Biden and Somebody Else).  The Republican Party could split into two giant factions (MAGA and traditional GOP).  

And the last time we had four, robust (not 2% L or Green) political parties was around the time of the Civil War?  

Yeah, this should be fun.  

I remember thinking around 2018 when it was apparent the Country Club/Chamber of Commerce Republicans weren't gonna reign in MAGA-nation, and thought---maybe this is how a split occurs.  We haven't had one in over a century.  But now we're gonna do fucking all four in one summer?  And by the way both Democrats and Republicans, who the fuck schedules a national implosion with just a few months to go until election day?  I have August passes to Sea World you assholes!  

The nwo split into two as did house Targaryen 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

The full editorial board of NYT says step aside, Mr President

free link, I think. 

The Democratic Party Must Speak the Plain Truth to the President

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/08/opinion/editorials/democrats-biden-truth.html?unlocked_article_code=1.500.qTZX.VhuJ9iopRug4&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Dr.Cannard dispelling the rumor that Joe has Parkinsons.  

The simulation isn’t even trying.  

Did you accidentally log into your troll account again?

18 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

free link, I think. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/08/opinion/editorials/democrats-biden-truth.html?unlocked_article_code=1.500.qTZX.VhuJ9iopRug4&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

Now do the convicted felon-rapist.

• Hook 'Em 4

For the people who think Biden is some political juggernaut, remember that he ran for president twice and lost badly (1988 and 2008) and ran again in 2020 and was doing badly until somehow winning the SC primary, mainly because he was Obama's BFF.  Everyone dropped out at that point.  

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

free link, I think. 

Didn’t they already do this the day after the debate?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

36 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

free link, I think. 

NYTimesHitler1924-1.jpg%26w=1484%26op=re

Well NYT is always so on point with doing good journalism to fight fascism

• Hook 'Em 3

History books: ".... and so then, everyone called for Biden to get the fuck out."

"Oh was he the guy convicted of all the crimes who raped people and attempted the coup?"

"No. He was just old. Anyway...."

• Rage+1 2

39 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

This is why AI scares me. I cannot tell if this is legitimately real or not.

It's real. I would argue that that's like saying that's why the onion scares you. You legitimately cannot tell if it's real or not. 

This is so fucking absurd that it's hard to even believe this guy was president. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it's jover.  and the quicker we realize it's jover, the more likely we can do something about it.

Unless Don dies I don’t see a win here.  Guy can murder someone and he’d still win

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Unless Don dies I don’t see a win here.  Guy can murder someone and he’d still win

oh, well that settles it. everyone go home. it's over. closetohumping has lost faith so we can all quit now.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's real. I would argue that that's like saying that's why the onion scares you. You legitimately cannot tell if it's real or not. 

This is so fucking absurd that it's hard to even believe this guy was president. 

And will be again soon. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh, well that settles it. everyone go home. it's over. closetohumping has lost faith so we can all quit now.

Be prepared to see a lot of African kids with Biden 2024 shirts on.  

Second thought, you’re right.  Joe got this!!!

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

What mean “was”, Tonto?

I think the squad is being strategic on this. They know it would make big counterproductive waves for them to be among the first batch of Dems to call on Biden to drop out. Counterproductive because it would allow Biden's supporters to accuse "the left wing" of helping Trump (a common tactic in the BernieBro days). I understand why they're keeping their powder dry. There's still a lot of time on the clock for something to happen.

Drip, drip, as they say.

• Hook 'Em 2

fwiw (nothing, probably) I spent the 4th weekend with my fiancé's family. Both her brother and sister have two small children with their spouse. One couple is finished (he got snipped), but the other is considering having another. A lot of the discussion was centered around abortion and pregnancy care. They talked about how terrifying it was to think about if something went medically wrong and they couldn't terminate. One couple lives in Grapevine and the couple considering another child is in Palm Bay, FL - two states with shitty abortion laws. They don't love Joe's age, but considering the alternative leaves them literally scared for their and their little girls' well-being, I  don't think they're gonna be pulling the R lever anytime soon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

fwiw (nothing, probably) I spent the 4th weekend with my fiancé's family. Both her brother and sister have two small children with their spouse. One couple is finished (he got snipped), but the other is considering having another. A lot of the discussion was centered around abortion and pregnancy care. They talked about how terrifying it was to think about if something went medically wrong and they couldn't terminate. One couple lives in Grapevine and the couple considering another child is in Palm Bay, FL - two states with shitty abortion laws. They don't love Joe's age, but considering the alternative leaves them literally scared for their and their little girls' well-being, I  don't think they're gonna be pulling the R lever anytime soon. 

They live in red country.  Their votes don't matter just like mine out here in California.  Have them register to vote in Pennsylvania somehow

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The dark matter that is holding the current political universe together.....

Don't discount the men here, either.  Everyone talks about the women's vote but there are a bunch of right leaning dudes who want to have a bailout if necessary.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is rigging a presidential election an official act of the president? Asking for a friend. 

Simple.  Harris as VP just doesn't certify the results in the EC.  That's how it works, right?

One of the replies:

"Democrats seem to have forgotten the old adage: “If you come for the king, you best not miss.” Now they're in the awkward position of asking voters to support a nominee they just declared unfit for office five seconds ago."

This feels like where we're heading. The absolute worst case scenario. 

• Rage+1 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Is rigging a presidential election an official act of the president? Asking for a friend. 

Would the rigged election favor a Democrat or a Republican?  Asking for friends on the United States Supreme Court.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

not great!

And what about the Wisconsin one from over the weekend by Morning Consult showing Biden ahead in both H2H and 5-way?

You can't just cherry pick what polls you do and do not want to freak out about. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

free link, I think. 

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Didn’t they already do this the day after the debate?

Lol yes: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/28/opinion/biden-election-debate-trump.html

Pure, unbridled attention seeking. They still produce some good reporting now and then, no doubt, but they have been behaving like a fucking gossip column since the debate.

57 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I think the squad is being strategic on this. They know it would make big counterproductive waves for them to be among the first batch of Dems to call on Biden to drop out. Counterproductive because it would allow Biden's supporters to accuse "the left wing" of helping Trump (a common tactic in the BernieBro days). I understand why they're keeping their powder dry. There's still a lot of time on the clock for something to happen.

Drip, drip, as they say.

AOC has shown to be a pretty skilled politician. She has a future in Democratic leadership if little-d democratic government survives what's coming.

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

The beatings will continue until morale improves 

If there is no consensus, that's a decision. Biden is clearly not going anywhere and Democrats are not unified enough to push him out. He will be on the ticket barring a true black swan event. This saga is over.

Congratulations to Democrats for riling up mass hysteria with nothing to show for it but a mortally wounded presidential campaign.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

That is so cringy. Can it be more infantalizing of an elderly person? I'd say ageism if it wasn't our own party doing this, apparently unironically.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And what about the Wisconsin one from over the weekend by Morning Consult showing Biden ahead in both H2H and 5-way?

You can't just cherry pick what polls you do and do not want to freak out about. 

image.thumb.png.5845ec986e575206cb03d6c0cbec26d5.png

The cherry picking goes both ways though. There has been a clear national shift in polls since the debate (Biden was slightly ahead on 6/25 in the above graph.)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

These dudes would totally make Hillary the Pres, just for the sport!

ff02d251cfc7debb370db909a7f9da1d--clash-

I think Hillary is polling so well because enough people have remorse and regret for how 2016 went down and would like to redeem themselves in 2024 if she ran. It's actually an interesting thought (Hillary 2024). I wonder if she would even consider it though, given how awful she's been treated after 2016. The knee woudl have to really bend.

Dem politicians are weak as fuck. Trump has a mile long list of bullshit including being a convicted felon and rapist, and yet the Rep politicians are fully behind him. Biden has one bad reality TV episode and the Dem politicians are trying to OD on vagisil. 

The Dems are creating the illusion that Biden can't compete with Trump. It's going to be self fulfilling. Fucking dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2