2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Dem politicians are weak as fuck. Trump has a mile long list of bullshit including being a convicted felon and rapist, and yet the Rep politicians are fully behind him. Biden has one bad reality TV episode and the Dem politicians are trying to OD on vagisil. 

The Dems are creating the illusion that Biden can't compete with Trump. It's going to be self fulfilling. Fucking dipshits.

I don't get this.  Trump sucks.  The issues isn't that he sucks or is horrible.  The issue is how best to beat him.  

I agree that it's week to "create an illusion".  I think it would be strong to create a fucking reality and switch horses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Dem politicians are weak as fuck. Trump has a mile long list of bullshit including being a convicted felon and rapist, and yet the Rep politicians are fully behind him. Biden has one bad reality TV episode and the Dem politicians are trying to OD on vagisil. 

The Dems are creating the illusion that Biden can't compete with Trump. It's going to be self fulfilling. Fucking dipshits.

I don’t think Dems can wrap their head around this, but the fact is that Trump won and is winning now *because* he’s terrible. You beat Trump with contrast, you lose with less terrible. 
2020 Joe was the decent human who will respect the law.

2024 Joe is the doddering figurehead who demands that you ignore your eyes and ears. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And what about the Wisconsin one from over the weekend by Morning Consult showing Biden ahead in both H2H and 5-way?

You can't just cherry pick what polls you do and do not want to freak out about. 

There was an Emerson poll of Wisconsin yesterday that had Trump up 3.  Trump’s been up in 3 of the 4 post-debate polls of Wisconsin. And he’s out performed his polling there in 2016 and 2020. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

As long as we're doing fan fiction, McRaven/Hanks would do really well. 

It's just getting silly now

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

22 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

I think Hillary is polling so well because enough people have remorse and regret for how 2016 went down and would like to redeem themselves in 2024 if she ran. It's actually an interesting thought (Hillary 2024). I wonder if she would even consider it though, given how awful she's been treated after 2016. The knee woudl have to really bend.

Forget how she was treated, Hillary is 76.  I'd rather nominate someone who an actuary would predict to live two full 4 year terms. 

• Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But I thought Whitmer would be wiping the floor with Trump!???

She's got more upside than any of the other candidates. Just about anyone but Biden is all but guaranteed to gain support as the media starts covering them and people learn their names.

16 minutes ago, cattail said:

I feel that is Admiral McCraven could be convinced to run as a dem, he would destroy Trump and put an end to all this nonsense.

McRaven couldn't outmaneuver opponents of a UT Houston campus. 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

She's got more upside than any of the other candidates.

Please provide proof.

Look, I like her.  I cite her constantly as my 2028 pick.

But please explain all of her upside with nobody knowing dick about her 4 months before the election.  Especially one that 49 other states didn't get to pick as their nominee. 

11 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Forget how she was treated, Hillary is 76.  I'd rather nominate someone who an actuary would predict to live two full 4 year terms. 

Unless it's Rita Moreno or Warren Buffett, no more olds please.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

One of the replies:

"Democrats seem to have forgotten the old adage: “If you come for the king, you best not miss.” Now they're in the awkward position of asking voters to support a nominee they just declared unfit for office five seconds ago."

This feels like where we're heading. The absolute worst case scenario. 

Some real classic Dem shit from the dumbest members of the party.

• Hook 'Em 1

If a US voter is going to vote for Trump because "Biden" did poorly in a "debate" where Trump wasn't called out on his bullshit lies, then we are truly fucked as a country. Trump is an absolute piece of shit but we are worried about Biden. I don't think anyone on the Dem ticket is going to make "on the fence" voters think, "well, this person is ok so maybe I shouldn't vote for the piece of shit felon pedophile." At this point, if you are "on the fence", you are a Trump voter pretending not to be a Trump voter.

Screw it, maybe we are already truly fucked as a country. 

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, cattail said:

I feel that is Admiral McCraven could be convinced to run as a dem, he would destroy Trump and put an end to all this nonsense.

I will support this if the election can be settled in trial by combat.

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

This is as big a deal as you want to make it.  "The world is coming to an end because an old man went to sleep and missed a meeting."

Do you want it to be a big deal?  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

But I thought Whitmer would be wiping the floor with Trump!???

It's a national poll.  How many people do you think know who Whitmer is at this point?  Hell, people here and most of us are paying attention.

And yet despite that, she's polling within a point of Newsome who everybody knows.  Give her a 3-month media blitz and see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This is as big a deal as you want to make it.  "The world is coming to an end because an old man went to sleep and missed a meeting."

Do you want it to be a big deal?  

Would obviously vote for a corpse over Trump but it's not looking good election wise. As long as Biden tries his goodest I guess.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Some real classic Dem shit from the dumbest members of the party.

Yup. The other side rallies around their mentally feeble old man who yells nonsense at clouds, oh and who also supports fascism and doing away with elections, while the dems lose their shit over a bad debate because the guy is old, and are throwing out puting the VP at the top of the ticket, you know, the person who would become president anyway if the president's age does in fact become an issue. All because they're so damned concerned about those imaginary "centrists" and "moderates" who are going to vote trump or sit out anyway if they care that little about actual policies and things like the fucking US Supreme Court. I'm still not clear how many of the chicken littles on this thread are themselves considering sitting out the election because old or if its more concern that others will sit out or won't vote. I just am not all that concerned for those people because they probably were going to sit out anyway. Any "centrist" or "moderate" who gives a shit about democracy will vote for Biden even if it's not a perfect scenario. The rest were going to vote trump or sit out anyway, because they are obsessed with "both side," you know, morons.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

It's a national poll.  How many people do you think know who Whitmer is at this point?  Hell, people here and most of us are paying attention.

And yet despite that, she's polling within a point of Newsome who everybody knows.  Give her a 3-month media blitz and see what happens.

I just don't see how you get Gretch on the ticket in a competent fashion.  All this talk of a rocket primary is fantasy. The Democrats couldn't get laid in a whore house on pay day and we are expecting them to have a primary without blowing themselves apart?  That's why it's almost certainly going to be Harris and some very anodyne Red State governor like John Bel Edwards or Roy Cooper. 

The only alternative I can come up with is the President drops our at the Convention, the whole thing is done behind closed doors, and you end up with Newsom or Gretch at the topic of the ticket, and Harris agrees to stand down for something else.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

The Dems need to just go ahead and nominate an 81 year old Benjamin Button so he actually gets younger and more lucid as the term goes on.  He'll be a young and virile 73 years old at the end of his 2nd term.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Please provide proof.

Look, I like her.  I cite her constantly as my 2028 pick.

But please explain all of her upside with nobody knowing dick about her 4 months before the election.  Especially one that 49 other states didn't get to pick as their nominee. 

Any non-Biden democratic candidate that comes out of the convention is going to get the type of media coverage that Trump had in 2016. It's something that hasn't happened in any of our lifetimes, and it's going to be big news. That takes care of the name recognition problem. And she already has recognition and popularity in key rust belt states that are required to win the election.

Compare that to Biden limiting his exposure and trying to hold on until November when he doesn't even have the lead. I would like any non-Biden democrat's chances of winning. I don't like Biden's chances at all.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If only the Vietcong had fought fair...waah, waah

It's infuriating that some people still can't comprehend that we are fighting an asymmetrical war.  

Stop pretending this is a normal, pre-2016, election.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

If Biden insists on staying on the ticket then he needs to be out there at minimum 5 days per week.  If he's not willing to commit to that then they need to move on.  We need to whip that horse down the stretch and if he dies, he dies.  Then Harris is the definite nominee.

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, cattail said:

Saw him a couple months ago and he was looking much more spry.  A few times before that, you could tell the cancer treatments had taken a toll on him.  Still at 68, he physically and mentally blows Biden and Trump and everyone else outta the water.  But he made a pledge to his family not to run for politics so he could get into the grandbaby game.  He's already done all he can do to serve this nation, and done it with honor.  

Having said that, I wish he'd get a little more vocal even if was a keyboard warrior Op-Ed in the WaPo or CNN or something.  Other than his new book mini-tour, he hasn't spoken enough IMHO.  Again, he's done his duty...but this would be a critical time for him to get mixed up in some verbal fisticuffs with all this bullshit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Sounds ridiculous but Hiden Biden banging Stormy and Stormy saying Hunter was better in bed than Trump would legit get Biden 100s of thousand more votes.

probably be the proverbial straw that causes Trumps stroke

1 hour ago, cattail said:

I wrote him in in 2016

15 hours ago, closetohumping said:

IMG_0408.thumb.png.dd194a1aeb7694882f9d93f2346fc164.png

let’s go Joe!!

The only thing worse than losing to Trump in November is what it looks like we're going to get: a four month slog toward election day with the knowledge that we're going to re-elect a known treasonous crime lord, and that nothing that can be done to try to stop it will be done. FML. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If Biden insists on staying on the ticket then he needs to be out there at minimum 5 days per week.  If he's not willing to commit to that then they need to move on.  We need to whip that horse down the stretch and if he dies, he dies.  Then Harris is the definite nominee.

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

More importantly, Kamala needs to be out there with him at most appearances and given significant mic time for those who are concerned about Biden. Of course, she has already that her appeal isn't all that strong, but it needs to be done, and she needs to do well, as much or moreso than Biden at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

The only thing worse than losing to Trump in November is what it looks like we're going to get: a four month slog toward election day with the knowledge that we're going to re-elect a known treasonous crime lord, and that nothing that can be done to try to stop it will be done. FML. 

0c61b0d1-5415-47f3-8c4f-55d684430b21_tex

28 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yup. The other side rallies around their mentally feeble old man who yells nonsense at clouds, oh and who also supports fascism and doing away with elections, while the dems lose their shit over a bad debate because the guy is old, and are throwing out puting the VP at the top of the ticket, you know, the person who would become president anyway if the president's age does in fact become an issue. All because they're so damned concerned about those imaginary "centrists" and "moderates" who are going to vote trump or sit out anyway if they care that little about actual policies and things like the fucking US Supreme Court. I'm still not clear how many of the chicken littles on this thread are themselves considering sitting out the election because old or if its more concern that others will sit out or won't vote. I just am not all that concerned for those people because they probably were going to sit out anyway. Any "centrist" or "moderate" who gives a shit about democracy will vote for Biden even if it's not a perfect scenario. The rest were going to vote trump or sit out anyway, because they are obsessed with "both side," you know, morons.

It's almost as if none of this is a genuine effort by democrats to put forth the best candidate, which they have had ample time to do. It's almost as if the Republicans are trying to get the dems to take Biden(you know, the guy who successfully defeated Trump by a wide margin last time, despite the media doing nonstop coverage about how old and mentally incapacitated he was) off the ballot because they fucking know they aren't beating him.

Just now, 'stache said:

More importantly, Kamala needs to be out there with him at most appearances and given significant mic time for those who are concerned about Biden. Of course, she has already that her appeal isn't all that strong, but it needs to be done, and she needs to do well, as much or moreso than Biden at this point.

I'd think this through a little more.  Kamala has big Ralph energy.

82245983.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

I'd think this through a little more.  Kamala has big Ralph energy.

82245983.jpg

Yes, we all know you and your ilk are thrilled to see Kamala's name pop up and be more in front. A bunch of dems agree for some reason, and it would be comical, if it wasn't the death of the republic on the line. 

Just now, 'stache said:

Yes, we all know you and your ilk are thrilled to see Kamala's name pop up and be more in front. A bunch of dems agree for some reason, and it would be comical, if it wasn't the death of the republic on the line. 

There's the tell. The Republicans would love him off the ballot. They want it to be Kamala so badly. It's so much easier to smear a woman, and a black one at that. I've already seen fake shit about how she wasn't really born in America. They'd definitely bring back that old hit.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's almost as if none of this is a genuine effort by democrats to put forth the best candidate, which they have had ample time to do. It's almost as if the Republicans are trying to get the dems to take Biden(you know, the guy who successfully defeated Trump by a wide margin last time, despite the media doing nonstop coverage about how old and mentally incapacitated he was) off the ballot because they fucking know they aren't beating him.

EDIT: Sorry, misread this post, I think we're on the same page.

Edited by 'stache