2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I assume the appeal of Vance is to go for the kill in the rust belt states and shore up Trump’s slippage in the white working class vote that he lost there between 2016 and 2020. Also a smart guy and will likely be a competent debater. Vance apparently made the intros that got Trump in with the Silicon Valley donors for his big fundraiser there last month. 

Of course it could be as simple as Trump likes him because his last name is one syllable. “Trump - Vance” sounds best to him. 

People say Trump wouldn’t pick Haley or Rubio because they are too ambitious and might try to depose him, but I think you need to watch your back around anyone who could shift so radically between where he was on Trump circa 2015 and where he is now. 

Real talk here--that Michigan-Ohio rivalry is so toxic that Vance is probably worth a point to the Democratic nominee in Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Look on the bright side, this makes it easier for his inner circle to tell him to step down before Election Day and onboard another ticket.  Trump still wins, and we'll all be trying to access Surly whilst living underground come 2025, but we'll have a few laughs between now and then.  Maybe another CFP appearance and a nice Holiday Season.  It was fun America, I'll be abroad.

Jokes aside, every President of any age gets foreign leaders names mixed up.  Shit, I get my own children's names mixed up.  But when it's NATO and you're there to pledge support for the guy from Ukraine whose name starts with a "Z", you can't slide over to "Putin"---the guy invading his country which is the real reason NATO is meeting beyond the ceremonial anniversary.

This is a landing you gotta stick.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I taught public speaking at the college level for 10 years, have a Comm degree from Moody (well Jesse H Jones), and was on and coached for the UT Speech Team where we were national champs and are the reigning national champs.

I say the above to say you just pulled those percentages out of your ass.

The hell I did. With all your fancy qualifications it’s disappointing that you are not familiar with the definitive authority on the topic. 

Ich Bin Ein Berliner!

image.gif.1d3d75990cbda9d024b31050b590ca3e.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

This feels like when Beard got fired.  Allegations started coming out.  I said "wow, I don't know if he makes it through the week . . ." 

Then 15 minutes later he was fired.

". . . I mean hour."

Like a glacier calving.  Movement so slight it is imperceptible, and then all at once.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, the press conference was supposed to start at 5:30 CST and it's already 10 minutes late?

Not a good sign. I mean this whole deal has a bad vibe to it regardless. 😢