2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Is there any real basis for the “Trump is a rapist” charge beyond the E. Jean Carroll civil lawsuit that found him liable on the sexual assault claims but not on rape?

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-was-donald-trump-found-guilty-rape-1799935

The “Katie Johnson” story seems to go nowhere when you look into it, as Snopes did when it all first came up in 2016.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

This woman who wrote a book on Epstein says there was nothing new about Trump in the recently released Epstein files:

I mean, no question he has the morals of an alley cat, but is there an actual rape somewhere that has been proven? If not that would probably explain the media not reporting this allegation, for fear of a libel suit. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Is there any real basis for the “Trump is a rapist” charge beyond the E. Jean Carroll civil lawsuit that found him liable on the sexual assault claims but not on rape?

The “Katie Johnson” story seems to go nowhere when you look into it, as Snopes did when it all first came up in 2016.

This woman who wrote a book on Epstein says there was nothing new about Trump in the recently released Epstein files:

I mean, no question he has the morals of an alley cat, but is there an actual rape somewhere that has been proven? If not that would probably explain the media not reporting this allegation, for fear of a libel suit. 

Dude he is a predator rapist piece of shit. He raped stormy too. The whole thing is so obvious and Trump doesn't need any legal benefit of the doubt. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

This whole thread?

George Clooney?

Morning Joe?

”Dozens of Democratic Congressional representatives”?-CBS news

56 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're voting for Trump anyway. 

*Voting for a child rapist

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Dude he is a predator rapist piece of shit. He raped stormy too. The whole thing is so obvious and Trump doesn't need any legal benefit of the doubt. 

Didn't Stormy testify that it was consensual? I mean ya fuck Trump/ he's a POS/ etc but am I misremembering that?

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Evangelical Christians loving a rapist wasn't on my bingo card when I was a kid. My how times change. Or maybe I just got older.

I mean, have you seen the evangelical child rape thread in DT? They fuckin LOVE and protect rapists on the reg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Hillary ran a shitty campaign and treated him with kid gloves because she was afraid of offending his supporters.

Hillary thought she was a shoe in and the chosen one. Ran a lazy campaign and didn’t listen to her advisors telling her about Wisconsin etc

Her loss is 100% on her. She was never convinced Trump was a real threat. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

I mean, have you seen the evangelical child rape thread in DT? They fuckin LOVE and protect rapists on the reg

I have to vote for the child rapist to protect the children from the real child rapists  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Her loss is 100% on her. She was never convinced Trump was a real threat. 

It’s on her and the party, including the Obama administration that left her twisting in the wind with the Russian interference.

Obama administration didn’t want to be seen as putting their thumb on the scale, decided to do nothing, thought Hillary would win anyway… Mistakes were made.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Literally a key part of the Carroll jean case is the finding by the Court that it was substantially true that Trump raped her. That is why Trump was liable for denying the rape. But sure, if you ignore all the rape, there was no rape. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Literally a key part of the Carroll jean case is the finding by the Court that it was substantially true that Trump raped her. That is why Trump was liable for denying the rape. But sure, if you ignore all the rape, there was no rape. 

The part of Biden’s speech where he said Trump was a rapist was a direct quote from the judge in the lawsuit Trump lost.

• Hook 'Em 3

53 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

The Katie Johnson case was dropped due a combination of death threats and a payoff/NDA. 

Are you not paying attention?

24 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Apple News is pushing the Biden is “just hanging on by his fingertips to the nomination” narrative. I think these assholes know they need to get on board, but there’s a stirring up shit for the clicks.

The coup seems to have failed.  They'll try again before the convention.  I'm not sure how I feel in terms of best odds to win the election.  I'm still thinking it's Biden but I don't know how he can persistently be a flamethrower with an 8pm bedtime and no more major old episodes.

It's possible, but is it probable?  The closer we get to the election the more it has to become a referendum on Trump, whereas now all the coverage is on Biden.  That has to change.  I think it will but that's partly hope based, I'll admit.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I had always understood the Stormy liaison to be a pay for play kind of deal (which, to be clear, is reprehensible behavior nonetheless). I heard at the hush money trial that for the first time she added some new details that made the encounter seem more non-consensual but Bill Maher said that was a 180 from the way she had described it to him. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Thank you for this link, very helpful. I had read the Newsweek fact check which I linked above which said it was false that he had been convicted of rape (because it wasn’t a criminal trial) and that while the jury could have have found Trump civilly liable for rape, they went with “sexual abuse” instead.

IMG_1293.thumb.jpeg.5820dfa2ff459ab59ffe191dfce63e64.jpeg

I had forgotten that he had filed a defamation suit in response. This Guardian article explains that the court found there was sufficient evidence to defeat the high evidentiary bar that a plaintiff must prove in those cases. That would explain why Biden is so careful in the way he phrases it. 

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

The Katie Johnson case was dropped due a combination of death threats and a payoff/NDA. 

Are you not paying attention?

The Snopes fact check seems to question whether Katie Johnson is even a real person. 

IMG_1294.thumb.jpeg.cb79c41d8ab578fe30128ef1ec332eb2.jpeg

I just have a hard time believing, with Michael Cohen spilling his guts to anyone who will listen, with progressive billionaires who want to take Trump down willing to pay any liquidated damages imposed by an NDA, and every media organization looking for a nuclear bomb story like this, that more about it hasn’t come out in the last 8 years. Given the timing it seems this was just as likely an oppo hit by the Cruz campaign from the primary.  

Sorry to be so pedantic, I don’t want to be a JAQ-off, I tried to do my research before asking and wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something, which I had. Thanks again @Red Five for the link. 

It's the weekend, but pretty quiet out of DC today. Biden bunkered down and fought back last night. Tip of the cap and going hard after Trump was a welcome sight. 

Gonna be very interesting to see what next week brings.  The RNC Is gonna be an absolute shitshow. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I had always understood the Stormy liaison to be a pay for play kind of deal (which, to be clear, is reprehensible behavior nonetheless). I heard at the hush money trial that for the first time she added some new details that made the encounter seem more non-consensual but Bill Maher said that was a 180 from the way she had described it to him. 

Thank you for this link, very helpful. I had read the Newsweek fact check which I linked above which said it was false that he had been convicted of rape (because it wasn’t a criminal trial) and that while the jury could have have found Trump civilly liable for rape, they went with “sexual abuse” instead.

I had forgotten that he had filed a defamation suit in response. This Guardian article explains that the court found there was sufficient evidence to defeat the high evidentiary bar that a plaintiff must prove in those cases. That would explain why Biden is so careful in the way he phrases it. 

The Snopes fact check seems to question whether Katie Johnson is even a real person. 

I just have a hard time believing, with Michael Cohen spilling his guts to anyone who will listen, with progressive billionaires who want to take Trump down willing to pay any liquidated damages imposed by an NDA, and every media organization looking for a nuclear bomb story like this, that more about it hasn’t come out in the last 8 years. Given the timing it seems this was just as likely an oppo hit by the Cruz campaign from the primary.  

Sorry to be so pedantic, I don’t want to be a JAQ-off, I tried to do my research before asking and wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something, which I had. Thanks again @Red Five for the link. 

Judge clarifies: Yes, Trump was found to have raped E. Jean Carroll

• Hook 'Em 6

Smart play by Bernie and the others on the progressive left to back Biden.  They want none of this infighting and none of the blame when this ship ultimately sinks.  If the Dems are going to push Biden out, it’s gonna be the moderates holding the murder weapon. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Are you talking about the case where the judge instructed the jury that they could only find for sexual assault because the plaintiff testified Trump’s dick was so small she wasn’t sure if it got in or or not? That one?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The progressives have gotten their way(not the whole wishlist).  Why wouldn’t they back Biden?

Name 1 big policy win for the progressive left during the Biden administration. Maybe just maybe some student debt cancellation but that’s only after applying endless pressure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Every Duane I’ve ever known was either a dipshit or a criminal. Some were both.

Edited by Sawbonz
Dwaynes too
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The progressives have gotten their way(not the whole wishlist).  Why wouldn’t they back Biden?

What are you talking about?  I mean, have you paid any attention to the war between Israel and "Hamas"?

37 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Are you talking about the case where the judge instructed the jury that they could only find for sexual assault because the plaintiff testified Trump’s dick was so small she wasn’t sure if it got in or or not? That one?

16 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Every Duane I’ve ever known was either a dipshit or a criminal. Some were both.

Sorry, this was a distinction I didn’t understand about the case.  

IMG_1296.thumb.jpeg.7dba7546a9ae9f70a0dbcf3cba14b07b.jpeg

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Sorry, this was a distinction I didn’t understand about the case.  

IMG_1296.thumb.jpeg.7dba7546a9ae9f70a0dbcf3cba14b07b.jpeg

Why does that distinction even fucking matter to you? If you force yourself sexually on someone, you’ve raped them.

A whole lot of “just asking questions” going on.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Here's some research for you:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000158-26b6-dda3-afd8-b6fe46f40000 

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Don't confuse pedantic with obtuse.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1