2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

No one over 75 should be eligible to be President.

I like term limits but if we can’t ever get that I would at least like to see a system where no elected Federal official can take office once they have exceeded 80% of the US Life expectancy as established at each census rounded to the nearest whole number (I know if changes year to year but would need some stability). If you will take office before that point fine serve it out Supreme Court justices would be retired just like airline pilots when they hit that limit.

Given 2020 numbers that would put the cutoff at 62 and so theoretically a Pres or Senator could slip in under the wire and serve in to mid to late 60s. Given minimums for assuming office range from 25-35 this gives politicians 30 years to make hay if they can. You want a higher ceiling? Good do things that will create health and prosperity and longer life expectancy. Otherwise get the fuck out like everybody else does when they only have 20% of their life left.

10 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I like term limits but if we can’t ever get that I would at least like to see a system where no elected Federal official can take office once they have exceeded 80% of the US Life expectancy as established at each census rounded to the nearest whole number (I know if changes year to year but would need some stability). If you will take office before that point fine serve it out Supreme Court justices would be retired just like airline pilots when they hit that limit.

Given 2020 numbers that would put the cutoff at 62 and so theoretically a Pres or Senator could slip in under the wire and serve in to mid to late 60s. Given minimums for assuming office range from 25-35 this gives politicians 30 years to make hay if they can. You want a higher ceiling? Good do things that will create health and prosperity and longer life expectancy. Otherwise get the fuck out like everybody else does when they only have 20% of their life left.

Personally, I don't think anyone over 75 should be able to vote. But I admit that could be problematic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve said on here before that I oppose term limits for house members but I think we should massively expand the house and “cap” districts based on population. We shouldn’t have one house member who represents 50 people while another represents a million.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Name 1 big policy win for the progressive left during the Biden administration. Maybe just maybe some student debt cancellation but that’s only after applying endless pressure. 

Um, the American Rescue Plan.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Personally, I don't think anyone over 75 should be able to vote. But I admit that could be problematic. 

If you’re too old to be a military flag officer, you should be too old to hold office

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would have to hear it, that could be either a gaffe or a power move. 

He has read the teleprompter instructions several times during his presidency.  Now he might be playing 5d chess?

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would have to hear it, that could be either a gaffe or a power move. 

Punchbowl/Sherman is so gossipy 

• Haha 1

Iit because I was going to change the damn channel anyway but had to leave the room. I wasn’t going to watch his rally. Serveral shots were fired and he was hit in the ear pr the arm and the face.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

That didn't sound like gunfire I've heard, but I'm no expert.  It did sound closer to paintball fire.  Did Trump get hit or did he get "splattered"?

Jesus what a time.

small caliber pistol 

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Sad to see but this is what happens when there is a marginalized radical part of the population that has been convinced by the media that Trump is the boogie man. 

L O FUCKING L

LMFAO even

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Jshep34 said:

Don't care what your politics are but when ya cheer on another person getting shot at, you are what's wrong with this country

No. I will 100% Trump getting shot. But I would prefer SAW style tortured. He is the worst person to ever hold public office. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2