2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, politics and conspiracy theories aside.  Why would you standup the target like that when you still aren't sure the shooter has been taken down?  You either smother it with your bodies or you lower it and shuffle it to an embankment/cover position?  I'm sure we'll be unpacking this for years, but of all the Secret Service guys I know, I've near heard one of them say, "Yeah, if anything happens to an asset...we totally foist them up like a participation trophy in front of the shooter who we haven't yet located."  But here we down the Rabbit Hole...

because it was planned ??

Looking Strike A Pose GIF 

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

We may be fucked?

Yea I think with today's events regardless of the facts that (can't believe I just had to type that)we can go ahead and put a little more assertive tag on this thread.

Well yeah.  In the immediate aftermath, "Staged" is now trending on twitter and two of the more prolific posters in the CR here are in fact suggesting this was orchestrated.

Some people's brains are permanently broken.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hopefully the shooter is gay, or brown, or black, or trans, or poor, or a woman...so they can claim self defense. 

maybe the shooter was one of his multiple child rape victims ?? 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Hopefully the shooter is gay, or brown, or black, or trans, or poor, or a woman, or one of his child rape victims...so they can claim self defense. 

I hope it was Vet on disability because trump / project 2025 is about to nuke them 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Starting to come out that trunp was hit by glass fragments from a shattered teleprompter, not a bullet.

That makes sense.  No way a bullet hits him and his ear is still attached unless it was piddly BB gun/22.  

3 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

This fucking lunatic Congressman from Georgia doubling down on crazy shit he said earlier:

He won't be the last one to do so, and in the context of the election having more of them exhibit their crazy will be to the Dems benefit.

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, politics and conspiracy theories aside.  Why would you standup the target like that when you still aren't sure the shooter has been taken down?  You either smother it with your bodies or you lower it and shuffle it to an embankment/cover position?  I'm sure we'll be unpacking this for years, but of all the Secret Service guys I know, I've near heard one of them say, "Yeah, if anything happens to an asset...we totally foist them up like a participation trophy in front of the shooter who we haven't yet located."  But here we down the Rabbit Hole...

In the audio, you can clearly hear shooter is down … twice.

Just now, ShowmeyourTDs said:

In the audio, you can clearly hear shooter is down … twice.

Yeah, I found another clip where you can make it out better.  the first two rough cuts I watched right after it came out were ruffled as shit.  

Still, even my team hears "Shooter is Down", my first instinct as an agent wouldn't be "Okay, I don't know that voice 100 yards away muffled by crowd and ambient outdoor noise, so let me just go ahead and lift up the asset to  a standing target position  and just assume that wasn't a distraction of covering fire so the real shooter can then hit him easier."  It would likely be more akin to their training of "get him the fuck off the stage, if you can't, get the fuck on top of him."  I mean this isn't Secret Service 101, this is basic training for JROTC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Starting to come out that trunp was hit by glass fragments from a shattered teleprompter, not a bullet.

Someone tried to kill him. WTF would we worry about what the bullet hit or where the damage came from? Does it make it better the bullet potentially hit a teleprompter and not his forehead?

• Hook 'Em 3

Had to unfollow a ton of fellow longhorns on twitter who are all "I wasn’t gonna vote before but I know who I’m voting for now!"

Why does an assassination attempt make someone a better presidential candidate please?!?!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Tailgate said:

Someone tried to kill him. WTF would we worry about what the bullet hit or where the damage came from? Does it make it better the bullet potentially hit a teleprompter and not his forehead?

Stop being emotional and get ahold of yourself.

• Hook 'Em 2

Everyone coming on the internet saying I wasn't going to vote but now I am is a lying sack of shit.  They were in the 35% the entire time and just didn't want to admit it publicly.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

It's a bit of news, why does it matter so much to you? 

• Hook 'Em 1

So there are 3 concentric circles or waves of SS and LE around Trump. The first circle is the group who reached him first. The second or third group nailed the possible shooter.

behind him stage left up at the second highest rafter is I think where the person rally attendee was shot. Bc a group forms around that person it looks like. Maybe. 

Yes. Because the bloody fist pump isn’t some next level gladiator shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not having this happen in a long time all briefings and info will only be coming from the Secret Service at this point. So who knows what info we get and when we get it. 

Most of what’s on social media is probably accurate regarding shooter but it may not be. Fluid.