2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Pic of the shooter after having his head turned into a canoe.

4jm18y33gdcd1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=c9d517e92bfa2374a3e20885910c52e49c001e4b

Appears to be a white person. I'm going to make a bit of speculation that the shooter was ex-military. 150 yards away with a sniper rifle?

38 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Nah, the right has been begging for any reason for more violence.

Yup, They literally said it’s only bloodless if everyone else submits. So yeah, this is what the right wants. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Can’t answer a question?

I know you think of him as your father, but you seriously need to get ahold of yourself. 

You want me to answer your dumbass question in a thread that is to discuss the situation when my information was just providing exactly that—information for everyone. People want more info and that’s exactly the purpose of me telling you it was shattered glass that hit him and not a bullet. 

You are too emotional about this that you can’t even think.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Appears to be a white person. I'm going to make a bit of speculation that the shooter was ex-military. 150 yards away with a sniper rifle?

150 yards….man in Lethal Weapon Riggs hit a guy from a 1000 yards in high wind. But I would think the perimeter that close would have been cleared? That is just fucking bizarre to me. 

I mean, politicians give rallies around buildings every single day.  But the access to those buildings is pretty heavily vetted prior to.  This is a fucking multi-modal trailer that anybody can just scale in a matter of minutes.  And oh wait?  It's tan with green trees behind it and the shooter appears to be wearing tan and green?  Who the fuck decided to let those trailers just sit out there?  Not like there's a fucking electrical ID-scan turnstile to get to a fucking mobile trailer.  Even if there was, does "Oh, I'm Doug.  I'm dressed like this with this here bag requesting access to the top of the unit for antenna repairs."  As usual in America, there's no conspiracies.  Only stupid people.  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I know you think of him as your father, but you seriously need to get ahold of yourself. 

You want me to answer your dumbass question in a thread that is to discuss the situation when my information was just providing exactly that—information for everyone. People want more info and that’s exactly the purpose of me telling you it was shattered glass that hit him and not a bullet. 

You are too emotional about this that you can’t even think.

Thanks for confirming you are a clown. Another keyboard warrior.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can you imagine what we’d be looking at if he’d been killed tonight? We might be looking at civil war.

I was planning on watching that movie tonight. Changed my mind for some reason.

2 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Just a sad day for the country and you’re cheering it on. It’s gross

Jan 6 was sad. Today was almost redemption for anyone who didn’t want their country’s political process attacked since actions deserve consequences.

But if you think today was sad, then it was always inevitable after traitors followed trump on Jan 6. Babbit, trump,  and their ilk reap what trump sowed with his everyday hate, lying, fear mongering, divisive bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah man, presidential candidates get shot at all the time. Just another day.

It may help him in the interim but he will overplay it just like he does everything else. Do you think Mr or Mrs. Undecided Voter sees an assassination attempt and thinks, well now I'm going to vote for this guy. He almost died!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

Today was almost redemption for anyone who didn’t want their country’s political process attacked since actions deserve consequences.

Really?  This is your reaction.

JFC your hate has completely blinded you (I also notice you didn't mention the left's prior assassination attempts on Steve Scalise and a SCOTUS).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

JFC your hate has completely blinded you (I also notice you didn't mention the left's prior assassination attempts on Steve Scalise and a SCOTUS).

Were you asleep on January 6th?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Thanks for confirming you are a clown. Another keyboard warrior.

Were you this emotional when the insurrection was happening? Did you care about details then?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It may help him in the interim but he will overplay it just like he does everything else. Do you think Mr or Mrs. Undecided Voter sees an assassination attempt and thinks, well now I'm going to vote for this guy. He almost died!

I somewhat agree with you but Mr or Mrs. Undecided are morons 

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Biden finally gets some momentum yesterday. By going after Trump and this happens …

Will Smith Reaction GIF

Wait. Do you seriously think Biden had an iota of momentum before this?

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

He literally ordered an attack on our political process. My reaction has been the same since Jan 7. Attack my country and you get no quarter. Ever. Same for those want to secede, or failed at seceding 160 years ago, that attack our changing of power, lie about the election outcomes, that demand no bloodshed while boasting that we submit in order for them to take power to create the Handmaid’s Tale. When they tell you who they are, LISTEN.

the traitor cunts wanted today to happen and I won’t even get into the fact of looks like a false flag. 

edit: and I’ll be clear. I’m saying today was the outcome that trump has wrought in our country. This started with him. Is it ideal this hate and political assassination? Hell no but it’s the world he created and either people submit to racist facist trump or they don’t. You fill in the dots with what outcomes are left to us normal people. USA USA USA!

Edited by achooloco
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Were you this emotional when the insurrection was happening? Did you care about details then?

Show me the details of teleprompter glass causing the injury.

Standing by. lol. I’ll let you talk to yourself from here on out.

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Had to unfollow a ton of fellow longhorns on twitter who are all "I wasn’t gonna vote before but I know who I’m voting for now!"

Why does an assassination attempt make someone a better presidential candidate please?!?!

Dump Twitter. Elon's site, which already elevates racists and fascists, is going to get a lot worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/13/us/biden-trump-election#elon-musk-endorses-trump-moments-after-episode-at-his-rally

image.thumb.png.29bbcf996175884dd95d7d165f8fe18b.png

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

This is also very predictable.  People dying in Houston but Abbott is in Asia and more concerned with Trump. 

We wish that Abbott cared about Houston, as much as he cares about Trump 🥺🥺🥺

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

It would be somewhat more understandable if the shots had been taken from 500-1000 yards, actual sniper distances.  SS might be excused for not securing a perimeter that far out.

But 150 yards, on a building that is one of a half dozen surrounding the site, is grotesque negligence.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Two attendees critically injured and one attendee dead. Shooter killed. The Secret Service and FBI will ferret out everything to do with all of it. I have confidence they will find out everything. Maybe y'all don’t. No matter where all of the evidence leads. 

RFK Jr deserves some form of SS protection. 
his family gave enough to the US. 

People can think what they want about the shooter and why and what’s behind it, right now it looks like a failure of SS. I have every confidence the investigation will get to the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Had to unfollow a ton of fellow longhorns on twitter who are all "I wasn’t gonna vote before but I know who I’m voting for now!"

Why does an assassination attempt make someone a better presidential candidate please?!?!

Those people are lying their asses off.

why do I have a feeling that photo of the bullet passing behind Trump's left shoulder is gonna end up being the equivalent of that guy on top of the WTC with the backpack as the jet was approaching impact?  

Also, rest assured...the identity the SS ascertains off the shooter via DNA won't be revealed for a long while.  There a half-dozen car dealerships and an airstrip within a few hundred yards of the rally site.  All have elevated security cameras to protect inventory.  All would be running on a Saturday afternoon.  Would not be that hard to reverse-locate the guy who goes up on to the trailer.  But his identity will remain a mystery, and even if disovered-who could possibly know his motives will become the tale.  Were I the Secret Service, I'd talk to the manager at Mazda.  But that's just me...

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

It would be somewhat more understandable if the shots had been taken from 500-1000 yards, actual sniper distances.  SS might be excused for not securing a perimeter that far out.

But 150 yards, on a building that is one of a half dozen surrounding the site, is grotesque negligence.

Yeah, whomever is running the SS has to go.  How do you not clear a building/have a guy stationed there when it's that close to the event?  Especially considering it's like the only building around.  

Of course, the SS been fucked up for a long time.  Back in Obama's day they were hiring prostitutes and shit.  

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah this is an EXTREME L for the Secret Service. Incredibly bad look.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Great pic ….

IMG_1047.jpeg

I thought so too. Someone else said it was fake? But I mean if it’s real it’s a heck of a picture. I tried to get my shitty neighbors firework show on the 4th with my phone camera and all pics looked awful, but they have better cameras than me. 

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

Well we know it wasn’t a former marine 

I can promise you as a former marine, every single active duty and former marine is saying that exact same thing.  We're morbid people.

10 misses from 150 yards?  Embarrassing.  

• Hook 'Em 3