2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

I thought so too. Someone else said it was fake? But I mean if it’s real it’s a heck of a picture. I tried to get my shitty neighbors firework show on the 4th with my phone camera and all pics looked awful, but they have better cameras than me. 

IT'S FAKE IT'S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT EAR. PLEASE STOP PUSHING FAKE NEWS.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

I’d never shot a firearm of any kind before and I hit a deer through the throat at 150 yards with a bolt action rifle. It’s point and click at that range. 

Trump probably a bigger target too.  

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It would be somewhat more understandable if the shots had been taken from 500-1000 yards, actual sniper distances.  SS might be excused for not securing a perimeter that far out.

But 150 yards, on a building that is one of a half dozen surrounding the site, is grotesque negligence.

SS shit the bed on this one by all appearances. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Yeah this is an EXTREME L for the Secret Service. Incredibly bad look.

Well yes. How confident would you feel about your detail now if you were Biden, Harris or Trump? I mean with Reagan it was like holy fuck how did he get that close? With this it would seem like that they would have had SS on that rooftop if so close? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Yeah, whomever is running the SS has to go.  How do you not clear a building/have a guy stationed there when it's that close to the event?  Especially considering it's like the only building around.  

Of course, the SS been fucked up for a long time.  Back in Obama's day they were hiring prostitutes and shit.  

they’re great and deleting text messages 

his security doesn’t get bumped up he officially gets the nomination ?

12 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Were you this emotional when the insurrection was happening? Did you care about details then?

The insurrection where trump specifically told people to remain peaceful in Twitter, but that message was removed within 10 minutes of him posting it and where there is video of police letting people into the building? Yes, they was a "violent insurrection", but the George Floyd riots were "mostly peaceful".

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 20

Just now, Da Fino said:

Yeah. This is going to change things. He just won this election. 

If the election were next week, maybe. 4.5 months from now, you cannot say that. He'll get a bump for sure but then he'll be himself again. 

Just now, Lou_Sassle said:

The insurrection where trump specifically told people to remain peaceful in Twitter, but that message was removed within 10 minutes of him posting it and where there is video of police letting people into the building? Yes, they was a "violent insurrection", but the George Floyd riots were "mostly peaceful".

BINGO! I got a bingo on this one. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

IT'S FAKE IT'S NOT EVEN THE RIGHT EAR. PLEASE STOP PUSHING FAKE NEWS.

I wasn’t trying to do that. Some people are pushing it was teleprompter glass that hit him. We don’t know if that’s true either. We don’t know much of anything other than three other attendees were hit.

not trying to push a fake picture. Just saying if it was real it was an amazing picture. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Lou_Sassle said:

Bless your heart.

• Drool 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I wasn’t trying to do that. Some people are pushing it was teleprompter glass that hit him. We don’t know if that’s true either. We don’t know much of anything other than three other attendees were hit.

not trying to push a fake picture. Just saying if it was real it was an amazing picture. 

Fair enough. There's gonna be so much bullshit AI fake news surrounding this it's going to make all our heads spin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Biden’s only prayer was low turnout election, because that suppresses uneducated vote disproportionately.  That’s gone now. 

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

no one is this dumb on this board, of any political stripe. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Biden’s only prayer was low turnout election, because that suppresses uneducated vote disproportionately.  That’s gone now. 

no one is this dumb on this board, of any political stripe. 

Would you like me to provide links? 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

Fair enough. There's gonna be so much bullshit AI fake news surrounding this it's going to make all our heads spin.

Agreed. I don’t want to be a part of that. Sorry. Not trying to upset or anger anyone. My bad. Just really confused how counter snipers wouldn’t see dude crawling up that kinda yellowish building. Or up on that roof? It’s weird. I know failures happen but we haven’t had failures like that since the 1980’s here right? I can’t remember one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Agreed. I don’t want to be a part of that. Sorry. Not trying to upset or anger anyone. My bad. Just really confused how counter snipers wouldn’t see dude crawling up that kinda yellowish building. Or up on that roof? It’s weird. I know failures happen but we haven’t had failures like that since the 1980’s here right? I can’t remember one. 

You're absolutely right.

The buzz is about Trump right now, but this is an almost unthinkable L for the Secret Service. Heads are going to roll.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I’d never shot a firearm of any kind before and I hit a deer through the throat at 150 yards with a bolt action rifle. It’s point and click at that range. 

He might’ve had a tad more adrenaline flowing through him than you did when you were sitting in that deer stand

3 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

Would you like me to provide links? 

Links of someone as dumb as you?

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Don't think there's any significant electoral impact of this.  Everyone saying "I know who I'm voting for now!" already knew and are probably the most ardent of his supporters.

What if it causes Biden to tone down his rhetoric? Last night was really good for Biden , what if he goes back to just talking about his first term accomplishments? Or will Biden only pause the rhetoric temporarily?

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Too bad he didn't die. Assassination survivors generally do pretty well in elections.

In all seriousness, WTF? I was outside grooming my dog for the last hour and just now saw all this.

You fucking sicko. Admit it, you weren't outside. You were in the basement of a pizza place, weren't you? 

• Haha 2

Just now, Marcusshelton said:

What if it causes Biden to tone down his rhetoric? Last night was really good for Biden , what if he goes back to just talking about his first term accomplishments? Or will Biden only pause the rhetoric temporarily?

So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye,” Biden said.

Sure.  5 days ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marcusshelton said:

It's not like Biden was putting out commercials to assasinate Trump. Just because someone tried to take him out doesn't make him any less of a threat to the country. I'd stay the course.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

I was asleep.  My wife called and woke me up asking whether I was watching the news that was breaking.  I said hold on and checked google news responding with, Richard Simmons died? 

I’m sorry your wife has left you and you are sleeping in a hotel. 

• Haha 1

We are in uncharted territory now. I mean it is odd how it does kind of mirror 1968 in some ways. Obviously apples and oranges, but LBJ steps aside. A few months later we have MLK and RFK assassinated. The political climate then was at 11 as well, plus war abroad. But many of our troops getting killed. It was a scary time. I’m not trying necessarily to equate the two but there are similarities. I wasn’t alive back then but I’m sure a few surly posters were. That can speak to the climate back then. 

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So, we’re done talking about the debate, it’s time to put Trump in a bullseye,” Biden said.

Sure.  5 days ago. 

Don’t do that. It was silly to blame Palin for Gabby Giffords with that map picture. Unless you are trolling, in which case, carry on. 

25 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

You are a raging idiot. Go back under the rock you climbed out from under.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2