2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

The scary thing is we don’t know if it is contained to just this event. If others are targets. Period. We don’t know dick about the shooter or any motivations.

I worry about everyone else right now. I worry about the safety of Biden, Harris, members of Congress, Supreme Court. we don’t have a fucking clue who did this nor why or if connected to something bigger. And we just saw what appears to be a colossal failure by secret service. So ya, it’s scary to me, absolutely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I worry about the safety of Biden, Harris, members of Congress, Supreme Court. we don’t have a fucking clue who did this nor why or if connected to something bigger.

An armed man tried an attack on a justice months ago.  It was largely laughed off and disregarded on this very forum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

An armed man tried an attack on a justice months ago.  It was largely laughed off and disregarded on this very forum. 

I’m sure you were all over it when pelosi’s husband was attacked, or on January 6th. 
Actually maybe you were all over it since you probably attended.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Are your surprised? This forum is mostly populated and dominated by sick and disgusting people.  

Edited by Frank Drebin
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

4 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Are your surprised? This forum is mostly populated and dominated by sick and disgusting people.  

Don't come back to CR, dude. You've been doing so well to ignore your darker, more fucked up impulses.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I seem to remember a bunch of right wing chuckle heads getting a kick out of the attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

If the election were next week, maybe. 4.5 months from now, you cannot say that. He'll get a bump for sure but then he'll be himself again. 

This will lead to a higher turnout. That is the bump he will need. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

I seem to remember a bunch of right wing chuckle heads getting a kick out of the attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband.

But that’s different though.

For the record, I don’t take joy in any of it. 

So Democrats can’t campaign FOR their candidate, as he is historically unpopular and the vast majority of the country thinks he is incapable mentally of leading.

They also are now functionally unable to campaign AGAINST the other candidate, as speaking the truth about the man will be viewed as inappropriate.

Turn off the lights, this one is over.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Higher turnout is bad for Trump 

That was true in 2020. I don’t think that’ll be the case again.  

in 2020, Biden was leading in polls   More people meant more ability to exaggerate that lead.

this time Biden’s behind. Low turnout would likely be focused in low propensity voters, which typically means uneducated.  Uneducated = R these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

See that sniper's head pop up?  I suspect he saw muzzle blast and realized shit just got VERY real.

It looks more like he’s looking for one, then repositioning to aim further to his right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

in 2020, Biden was leading in polls   More people meant more ability to exaggerate that lead.

this time Biden’s behind. Low turnout would likely be focused in low propensity voters, which typically means uneducated.  Uneducated = R these days. 

No one has the foggiest idea what's going to happen in November.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

More voters means Dems win. We know what trumps ceiling is. High turnout is bad for pubs and it’s been that way for decades. There’s a reason they don’t want people to vote.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

17 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

Were you saying this after January 6th?

What about after trunp joking about pelosi’s husband?

Or what about trunp posting with a pic of Biden bound and gagged plastered on a truck? 

So is your radical republican team also considered “sick and disgusting” as well because you and they cheered trunp on as he did those things? Didn’t you just laugh off and disregard January 6th when your people were hunting congressfolk and hoping to kill them that day?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So Democrats can’t campaign FOR their candidate, as he is historically unpopular and the vast majority of the country thinks he is incapable mentally of leading.

They also are now functionally unable to campaign AGAINST the other candidate, as speaking the truth about the man will be viewed as inappropriate.

They sure as shit can campaign against Donald Trump, and if they don't it's political malpractice.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Were you saying this after January 6th?

What about after trunp joking about pelosi’s husband?

Or what about trunp posting with a pic of Biden bound and gagged plastered on a truck? 

So is your radical republican team also considered “sick and disgusting” as well because you and they cheered trunp on as he did those things? Didn’t you just laugh off and disregard January 6th when your people were hunting congressfolk and hoping to kill them that day?

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Not doubting turning off the lights, but I wonder if in this political/social climate of just mean nastiness being the norm if a brief pause wouldn’t be enough to get back on the attack. Hell it might be what most people want. 

I could see Biden not wanting to engage in that anymore, but I don’t know shit about fuck. 

2 minutes ago, Marcusshelton said:

Not doubting turning off the lights, but I wonder if in this political/social climate of just mean nastiness being the norm if a brief pause wouldn’t be enough to get back on the attack. Hell it might be what most people want. 

I could see Biden not wanting to engage in that anymore, but I don’t know shit about fuck. 

There is nothing that Joe Biden has said or done that raised the political temperature. Donald being a rapist, traitor, felon, fascist is what raised the temperature.

Joe should continue to point out that Trump is all of those things.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Can you imagine what we’d be looking at if he’d been killed tonight? We might be looking at civil war.

Not really. 80 million plus everyone sane that is against project 2025 would have been like, “oh no… so anyway”. Project 2025 is evil incarnate and must be stopped. Not ideal way but when project 2025 says submit or there will be blood. What do you expect? Heritage wants blood. Fuck them

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’m not sure what this has to do with Biden but sure.

Biden is running against the guy that just got shot in the face. The guy that people previously viewed as an unserious and unsympathetic person. You people are downplaying how this will galvanize voters.  It was bad before when voters were praying that Biden makes it to November without turning into Mitch McConnell on stage. But now, after this? I’m fucking clueless how someone can say, “I’m not sure what this has to do with Biden…”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Da Fino said:

Biden is running against the guy that just got shot in the face. The guy that people previously viewed as an unserious and unsympathetic person. You people are downplaying how this will galvanize voters.  It was bad before when voters were praying that Biden makes it to November without turning into Mitch McConnell on stage. But now, after this? I’m fucking clueless how someone can say, “I’m not sure what this has to do with Biden…”

This will galvanize Trump voters. We already know what his ceiling is. It won’t be galvanizing anyone that wasn’t already voting for him.

I’m clueless what you think this has to do with Biden.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Da Fino said:

Oh, he's still viewed as unserious and unsympathetic. This won't change that at all.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Fastbreak said:

The presidency is lost. The dems have to focus on the house and senate at this point. It is the last hope (and it might not even matter).

You guys keep saying this like it isn’t absolutely moronic. Not sure why

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They sure as shit can campaign against Donald Trump, and if they don't it's political malpractice.

I’m sure they will really take the gloves off now. 

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I mean, politicians give rallies around buildings every single day.  But the access to those buildings is pretty heavily vetted prior to.  This is a fucking multi-modal trailer that anybody can just scale in a matter of minutes.  And oh wait?  It's tan with green trees behind it and the shooter appears to be wearing tan and green?  Who the fuck decided to let those trailers just sit out there?  Not like there's a fucking electrical ID-scan turnstile to get to a fucking mobile trailer.  Even if there was, does "Oh, I'm Doug.  I'm dressed like this with this here bag requesting access to the top of the unit for antenna repairs."  As usual in America, there's no conspiracies.  Only stupid people.  

I mean it’s a lot of these same people on dotard’s team…not the best planners out there.  

IMG_6611.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2