2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

20 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This is making the rounds.

What is this logo?

This logo is not on the shooter’s shirt as far as I know. 

I remember being on the Boston Marathon Bomber thread with yall and we were all trying to figure out what was on their caps and such 

IMG_1508.jpeg

Looks like a nazi logo to me but idk auitt

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The data that shows us what trumps ceiling and floor are.

The margins were very thin in the swing states in 2020.  Trump actually won more districts in GA, WI and MI and tied for districts won in PA, MN and AZ. 

BEFORE today he was polling ahead in GA, WI, PA, AZ and was tied in MI.  He is also polling ahead in NV and NJ.

He takes any 3 of those and it's curtains. He may take all of them...

The popular vote doesn't matter

Edited by Fastbreak
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Well X is a cesspool. But I just figured someone recognized it. Some people saying the logo on the shirt of someone else in the crowd and some claiming logo also on shooter’s shirt. But it is likely all bullshit. Some are saying the shooter is 20 yr old from PA and some saying it’s someone from out of state. I mean at this point the logo could mean jack shit. And maybe I should delete the post but I figured if it was important that people would recognize it. 

maybe I should just delete post of it. I don’t want to spread something irrelevant. Or false. That’s not my intent. At all. 

From what I have gathered it's allegedly the back of the t-shirt the shooter is wearing. The front is visible in pictures and it's merch from a gun youtuber. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

The margins were very thin in the swing states in 2020.  Trump actually won more districts in GA, WI and MI and tied for districts won in PA, MN and AZ. 

BEFORE today he was polling ahead in GA, WI, PA, AZ and was tied in MI.  He is also polling ahead in NV and NJ.

Or he may not.

6 minutes ago, seven said:

From what I have gathered it's allegedly the back of the t-shirt the shooter is wearing. The front is visible in pictures and it's merch from a gun youtuber. 

I’ve just not seen the logo before. Maybe it’s relevant maybe not. But I figure it’s important. I will take my post down if it’s not based on the presser about to happen. I’m not a gun person/enthusiast. So I have no clue. 

presser starting

7 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

NC and VA?  Feels like all we get is NY, Ca, Washington, Oregon and dc at this rate

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How did you do that? Do you have software to do that? Thanks. 

Right click the image, choose search for this image on google

11 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Who? RFK?

Dying does tend to lower your chances of winning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

Biden is running against the guy that just got shot in the face. The guy that people previously viewed as an unserious and unsympathetic person. You people are downplaying how this will galvanize voters.  It was bad before when voters were praying that Biden makes it to November without turning into Mitch McConnell on stage. But now, after this? I’m fucking clueless how someone can say, “I’m not sure what this has to do with Biden…”

The way Trump will talk about this will not help him with anyone but his base.  He's going to blow any sympathy bump he gets from this by being a narcissistic asshole.

17 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

How did you do that? Do you have software to do that? Thanks. 

images.google.com

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The way Trump will talk about this will not help him with anyone but his base.  He's going to blow any sympathy bump he gets from this by being a narcissistic asshole.

images.google.com

HoW cAN u thInK ThAT?

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Do you have data to support your position?

Feelings count

I'm sure someone will be polling Pennsylvania soon, so we'll see the immediate impacts of polling.  I'm sure there will be a republican bump but transient in nature just like everything has been so far.  Still curious to see how much the bump will be.

Do pollsters publish data on respondent percentages?

Posted (edited)

I dumped Twitter but clicked on the Demolition Ranch link to see what they're about and scrolled down to see whatever limited posts you can see without an account. It seems to be owned by a right-wing gun nut, seen here endorsing Brandon Herrera who ran for Congress against Tony Gonzales in South Texas in the GOP primary.

To be clear, I'm not accusing either of them being part of some conspiracy, but if Nicole's logo is in fact associated with the shooter, it might turn out that he was pissed off at Trump for right-wing reasons. Of course, it could just be a guy that liked Demolition Ranch-branded stuff.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bolverk said:

It seems to be owned by a right-wing gun nut, seen here endorsing Brandon Herrera who ran for Congress against Tony Gonzales in South Texas in the GOP primary.

He's a wealthy aggy veterinarian. He did the merch for most of the big youtubers for about a decade then sold out. 

Trump will not win this election. I don’t condone anyone trying to murder him, but this is not going to push him past 270. Biden and his diminished mental faculties will still win. Is the next four plus months going to be wild? Absolutely. It will still end with one final loss to put on Trump’s resume of losses, bankruptcies, decisions in court made against him etc.

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I dumped Twitter but clicked on the Demolition Ranch link to see what they're about and scrolled down to see whatever limited posts you can see without an account. It seems to be owned by a right-wing gun nut, seen here endorsing Brandon Herrera who ran for Congress against Tony Gonzales in South Texas in the GOP primary.

To be clear, I'm not accusing either of them being part of some conspiracy, but if Nicole's logo is in fact associated with the shooter, it might turn out that he was pissed off at Trump for right-wing reasons. Of course, it could just be a guy that liked Demolition Ranch-branded stuff.

It makes sense if the logo is in fact tied to the shooter. Remains to be seen if more people in the crowd were actually also wearing similar shirts (color with logo that green color). People claiming 3 in crowd with same color shirt/logo. 

there is a guy standing up on a chair or something when Trump is loaded into the motorcade whom you can see in the crowd with similar green. Shaved head. White young guy. But I can’t tell if that’s the logo

Edited by Nicole44

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Shocking but he’s aggy 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

aggy doctor.  Dad had a clinic when I lived there, too.  

Lmfao he's a doctor if you're furry and have 4 legs. Dude is a vet in the north of San Antonio area, IIRC. He inherited his dads clinic when his dad retired. 

Source: used to watch his channel literally 10 years ago

Edited by Captainant
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

7 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

So, where does this put us on whether the polling showing Donald Trump winning the youth vote is accurate? 

I’d say from a pure statistical analysis the anti-Trump numbers are down by 1

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

I’d say from a pure statistical analysis the anti-Trump numbers are down by 1

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In a swing state too.

image.gif.ba977c2a1c9fa504be34d8d89eca1aa8.gif

• Haha 3

I think this assignation attempt will eventually help the democrats. As mentioned earlier, Trump’s  base is already locked in. Soccer moms and people who were starting to lean towards Trump 2.0 will see this and worry about what other violence another Trump term could lead to. With the BLM riots and Jan 6th fresh on their minds, they might think voting for Biden buys them some peace despite not agreeing with him politically. 

2 minutes ago, 3adays said:

I think this assignation attempt will eventually help the democrats. As mentioned earlier, Trump’s  base is already locked in. Soccer moms and people who were starting to lean towards Trump 2.0 will see this and worry about what other violence another Trump term could lead to. With the BLM riots and Jan 6th fresh on their minds, they might think voting for Biden buys them some peace despite not agreeing with him politically. 

This is some extremely wishful thinking. This is the holy mecca for both siders everywhere. And we're going to hear A LOT from them in the months to come. "See, it's actually the deranged left pushing this country to violence." 

Also lulz about people deeply concerned with BLM riots voting for Biden.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is some extremely wishful thinking. This is the holy mecca for both siders everywhere. And we're going to hear A LOT from them in the months to come. "See, it's actually the deranged left pushing this country to violence." 

...while completely ignoring that a 20 year old registered republican was the gunman

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

...while completely ignoring that a 20 year old registered republican was the gunman

The last 20 years has been full of “operation chaos” bullshit.  Most recently with all the leftists registering R to promote Trump down ballot loons.  Example A1 being Mr. Crudités in PA.

stop being disingenuous 

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, upper class white women who couldn’t get to their Whole Foods because every major American city had riots can definitely be scared into voting for perceived peace. 

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

What would the (R) nomination process have looked like if dude aimed a little to the left? 

Chaos. Convention floor fight. I bet every one from Vance to Burgum to Noem would claim they are the rightful heir and were the VP pick so it should be them. Even though it hasn’t been made public who it is 

Just now, Texaus said:

Think trajectory was more or less from behind and over trumps right shoulder? So a little left would have hit head.

Ahh,  I thought the shot was from the front or left looking at stage.  People in the stands pointing that direction 

20 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

The last 20 years has been full of “operation chaos” bullshit.  Most recently with all the leftists registering R to promote Trump down ballot loons.  Example A1 being Mr. Crudités in PA.

stop being disingenuous 

He apparently registered as a Republican when he turned 18 and had only voted once, in 2022, and never again. Doesn’t seem like a sleeper agent situation. Could be a kid that just changed his views, or a Nick Fuentes fanboy that was mad at Trump. Or just another angry mentally sick young man that wanted some fame. We’ll probably never know.

At least this event took focus off all of the democrats publicly calling for Biden to exit the race. They need to figure all this out behind closed doors outside the public eye. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I will say the shooter being a young white guy isn’t going to give Trump the bump that it would’ve had the shooter been in one of “those” groups. 

And how stupid are we as a society to think getting shot at suddenly makes you a better presidential candidate

• Hook 'Em 3