2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

49 minutes ago, immamac said:

I listened to 10+ minutes then read the transcript. This guy is wrong and this episode was recorded prior to the assassination attempt and the dismissal of the documents case.

Maybe you should have listened to the last ten minutes, when he talked about the assassination attempt.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Smacked his head on the podium as he quickly ducked down to avoid the gunfire?

I'm going with razorblade between the fingers  - cut when he reached back for his ear. I mean, it's hard to out-crazy the right on these things, so this is where I am starting.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm going with razorblade between the fingers  - cut when he reached back for his ear. I mean, it's hard to out-crazy the right on these things, so this is where I am starting.

To be honest, I'm starting to circle back on my idea that this was all a sham "assassination" attempt to drum up additional support for their God-like leader. I had a post on Saturday that went something like this:

TRUMP STAFFER: "Um, sir, in order to pull this off and make it look as real as possible we're going to have to actually kill one or two rally attendees."

TRUMP: "And?"

Hey, it's no sillier than the alt-right's Q-inspired whack-a-doodle conspiracy theories. Hell, I'm seeing reasonably intelligent -- misguided or poisoned, of course -- people on social media claiming this was all on Biden's orders and the SS stood down to allow it to happen. (Forget the fact the shooter Biden and the "Deep State" chose was booted from his HS rifle team for being such a terrible shot.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump was absolutely shot, no more nonsense about him not being shot or time off. Until there is some type of official information from a US Government agency he is shot, the president says he was shot the USSS says he was shot everyone says he was shot. no more of this nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

They should use him for disinformation. 

They should put one crazy thing in the briefing and see where it spreads.

Security Briefing Page 6
“We have been tracking a large, lizard-like creature in the waters around Tokyo. Our current belief is this creature is the result of atomic weapons use during WW2.”

Just now, Js1 said:

And Dems are up 5+ in every Senate race polled. I just don’t see it. 

I'm pretty cynical about polls, but Biden doing poorly while down ballots doing better makes sense in the context of debate fallout. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Burger and Rubio have been told they aren’t the vp pick. Annoucement in 2 hours

As far as those polls, I’m not sure what Biden can do to make up ground or if that’s even possible. I can definitely see a scenario where people vote trunp for president but vote dem everywhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I'm pretty cynical about polls, but Biden doing poorly while down ballots doing better makes sense in the context of debate fallout. 

I gotta admit I'm a pretty observant person, but I just now noticed the spider on your avatar's head. lol, shit. anyway, carry on

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yeah, it's undecided / voters who will come home eventually. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

False.  His base likes it.  The increase in polling isn't the problem here - it's the increase in turnout and enthusiasm.  He's getting it, and will keep it.

True.  Because it is who they are.

And worse, it's what a majority of voters in key states want.  We have a country where a majority of voters - where it matters - WANT VIOLENCE, REVENGE, AND RETRIBUTION.  They want oppression and punishment of any and all who are not like them, do not fully join in their cult, etc.

Remember: it only gets worse, and there is no bottom.

First paragraph is absolutely correct. Anyone thinking the debate and assassination attempt haven’t sealed the election for Trump have their heads in the sand. This will increase MAGA and independent turnout, the latter of which will vote more for Trump as a result of the above, and decrease Dem turnout.  This is an unmitigated and irreversible disaster, particularly if they don’t replace him NOW. 

Second paragraph: 1) there are definitely people like that. 2) the majority of his ‘supporters’ don’t particularly like him and go along with their winner. They don’t want violence. 3) the doom predicted by you repeatedly (and many others) is silly. You sound like hypochondriac pansies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Burger and Rubio have been told they aren’t the vp pick. Annoucement in 2 hours

As far as those polls, I’m not sure what Biden can do to make up ground or if that’s even possible. I can definitely see a scenario where people vote trunp for president but vote dem everywhere else. 

How? Why would people who vote for Trump ever vote democrat down ballot? 

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No, that gap has been consistent for months.

32 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

First paragraph is absolutely correct. Anyone thinking the debate and assassination attempt haven’t sealed the election for Trump have their heads in the sand. This will increase MAGA and independent turnout, the latter of which will vote more for Trump as a result of the above, and decrease Dem turnout.  This is an unmitigated and irreversible disaster, particularly if they don’t replace him NOW. 

Second paragraph: 1) there are definitely people like that. 2) the majority of his ‘supporters’ don’t particularly like him and go along with their winner. They don’t want violence. 3) the doom predicted by you repeatedly (and many others) is silly. You sound like hypochondriac pansies. 

Sure thing Rex, independents are totally fired up to go vote for Trump now that a Republican 20 year old took a shot at him to try to start a race war. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I’m sure you can explain the difference in the senate splits then.

This. It would be unprecedented in the last few elections. Either the senate candidates drag Biden across or Trump drags the GOP candidates across. 

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yet another poll that makes zero sense at all.

It's likely Dem voters who would prefer a candidate other than Biden (but can't decide which other candidate they'd prefer). 

Trump beat Hillary in 2016 by spending the last weeks of his campaign pretending that he'd actually be a pretty normal president. That assuaged enough fence sitters to give him a shot. He's going to have a much harder time doing that this time.  

• Haha 1

Trump outperformed the national polls in 2016 and 2020. 

Do y'all not remember how confident we were in 2016? And Biden led by 9% at one point in 2020. 

I really don't understand the head in the sand mentality. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

I've always been confused about Vance's worldview given where he came from. 

I saw Vance speak at an education conference years ago, right after Hillbilly Elegy came out.  At the time I was interested to hear what he had to say, but I came away thinking he was pandering a bit, and his trajectory since then has borne that out.  He gamed out that he could gain power and prestige by going all-in on Trump and right wing talking points, and he was right.  But he seems like a shapeshifter who doesn't really have any true compass.  Not surprising he got picked.

Edited by sasquatch69
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Covri said:

How? Why would people who vote for Trump ever vote democrat down ballot? 

Fuck if I know. 

Tammy Baldwin was on PSA not too long ago saying she gets people who come up to her all the time who say they are voting for her for senate because of how much she’s done for them in Wisconsin

But they also tell her they are voting trunp for president. It was a good segment. 

• Rage+1 2