2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, sasquatch69 said:

I saw Vance speak at an education conference years ago, right after Hillbilly Elegy came out.  At the time I was interested to hear what he had to say, but I came away thinking he was pandering a bit, and his trajectory since then has borne that out.  He gamed out that he could gain power and prestige by going all-in on Trump and right wing talking points, and he was right.  But he seems like a shapeshifter who doesn't really have any true compass.  Not surprising he got picked.

He is also very close to being President.

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Sure thing Rex, independents are totally fired up to go vote for Trump now that a Republican 20 year old took a shot at him to try to start a race war. 

Mainly the debate. I don’t think they’re fired up. 

I love this hard push to call the mental patient a Republican when he was 20 years old, so his affiliation is meaningless. But it’s clear yall are trying really hard to obfuscate he is the furthest thing from Trump a white male can get, and very well could’ve been progressive. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

Don Jr loves him and that all that matters. And now Don Jr has facial hair. But it’s funny bc Rupert Murdoch was anyone but Vance. 

Will Vance shave his hair? lol.

CNN saying that VP had to be chosen now bc of logistics of protecting other potential vp candidates. 

Edited by Nicole44

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

I love this hard push to call the mental patient a Republican when he was 20 years old, so his affiliation is meaningless. But it’s clear yall are trying really hard to obfuscate he is the furthest thing from Trump a white male can get, and very well could’ve been progressive. 

This so-called "hard push" is an attempt to nip-in-the-bud any GQP attempts to paint Crooks as a liberal activist trying to eliminate Biden's opponent, which is all over alt-right social media at this point. Crooks sure-as-shit wasn't a Democrat. His classmates said he had very conservative viewpoints in their government/eco/civics classes in HS.

• Hook 'Em 3

A quick primer on J.D. Vance, Trump’s VP nominee:

-once called Trump “America’s Hitler”

-supports nat’l abortion ban without exceptions for rape/incest

-doesn’t believe in gay marriage

-proponent of white supremacist Great Replacement Theory

-supports Russia’s war on Ukraine

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Who splits ballots anymore?

I believe that straight ticket voting exists in only 6 states anymore.  There is strong correlation that voting straight ticket makes one noticeably less likely to vote on ballot questions/amendments/etc. pertinent to their state.  As you'd expect 5 of the 6 are southern red states.  Michigan being the only head-scratcher.  

But I think a lot or people spread their ballot around to different parties, all the time.  I'm sure there's been research into how much and which cycle their district is undergoing (Senate race, important statewide positions, etc.).  But it's a big country, there's probably a few thousand, maybe tens of thousands, of voters who for some weird reason, vote Trump and then 'D' for the rest, but it would come out to 0.001%.  

Anyway, a lot of us split our ballots.  Particularly when no 'D' is running against an 'R' for some local position, like voting 'L' to at least make them still relevant when the GOP burns itself to the around over MAGA, which is almost complete. 

A note on Vance-he wrote most of that book long before Trump ever came down the escalator.  Being a complete unknown, it had to through heavy editing and publisher contemplation. 

Although, it's mostly a memoir---the guy wisely started to see what Trump saw a year before.  Then sculpted a good narrative around it, while Trump mostly spends the following 18 months on the campaign---just shouting the same 4 slogans over and over again with some gibberish peppered throughout, jerking off ghost dicks. Vance is only 39, we're gonna be stuck with him for awhile .   

56 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

First paragraph is absolutely correct. Anyone thinking the debate and assassination attempt haven’t sealed the election for Trump have their heads in the sand. This will increase MAGA and independent turnout, the latter of which will vote more for Trump as a result of the above, and decrease Dem turnout.  This is an unmitigated and irreversible disaster, particularly if they don’t replace him NOW. 

Second paragraph: 1) there are definitely people like that. 2) the majority of his ‘supporters’ don’t particularly like him and go along with their winner. They don’t want violence. 3) the doom predicted by you repeatedly (and many others) is silly. You sound like hypochondriac pansies. 

BS. Some famous person once said it ain't over until it's over. In 4 mos this shooting won't be headline news anymore. Polls are still close and we control Dominion and the ballots.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This so-called "hard push" is an attempt to nip-in-the-bud any GQP attempts to paint Crooks as a liberal activist trying to eliminate Biden's opponent, which is all over alt-right social media at this point. Crooks sure-as-shit wasn't a Democrat. His classmates said he had very conservative viewpoints in their government/eco/civics classes in HS.

My point is why the fuck does it matter what he is?  He’s 20 and mentally deranged. I’m not maga or gqp and I do not care whether or not he was a lib or hard line conservative. Crazy trumps all. 

16 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

The opposite seems pretty clear from the information available. His classmates said he was conservative. He was a registered Republican. He was white. He was male. I'm perplexed how you reach the opposite conclusion. 

1 minute ago, Rex Kramer said:

My point is why the fuck does it matter what he is?  He’s 20 and mentally deranged. I’m not maga or gqp and I do not care whether or not he was a lib or hard line conservative. Crazy trumps all. 

No, your main point was to try to continue the talking point that he was a "progressive". 

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

It’s posts like this that kind of give away your whole “I hate Trump!” act as bullshit.

16 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They're so salty about the fact that the shooter wasn't this chick

En_UyElXMAQA6Gj.jpg

She probably wouldn’t have missed.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

BS. Some famous person once said it ain't over until it's over. In 4 mos this shooting won't be headline news anymore. Polls are still close and we control Dominion and the ballots.

It’s over. I agree the assassination attempt won’t have a huge impact. The debate will. It’s over and has been and nothing is going to change it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

OK, so you don't care. There are millions of rabid Trump/MAGA shit-heads out there salivating to start killing liberals. If this kid had been a Democrat, they might've gotten their wish. It is still going around conservative social circles that this kid donated $15 to some dark money Democratic PAC when in fact that was a completely different person with the same name.

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Given that it looks like Vance is the VP nominee, I don't see how this helps Trump in the election unless he feels that it's in the bag.

I've always been confused about Vance's worldview given where he came from. 

He’s the most MAGA of the contestants and will be the most shamelessly loyal. And he’s white. Prior criticism of Trump doesn’t matter. He’s bowed down and kissed the ring. 

1 hour ago, Covri said:

How? Why would people who vote for Trump ever vote democrat down ballot? 

Not that it makes sense to me, but I could imagine someone thinking, "I hate taxes, so I'm voting Trump.  But I want a split legislature to check his worst tendencies."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s posts like this that kind of give away your whole “I hate Trump!” act as bullshit.

Can’t stand him. Wish the insane nerd had been successful on Saturday and disappointed he shot like….a nerd. Do not want him as POTUS in January ‘25. 

35 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Oh look, two white men on the top of the GQP ticket. 
Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

And Trump has so completely taken control of the party, and the base, that they don’t need to engage in the pretense of having an “evangelical” on the ticket anymore. There’s a new cult in town. 

3 minutes ago, fuggled said:

Not that it makes sense to me, but I could imagine someone thinking, "I hate taxes, so I'm voting Trump.  But I want a split legislature to check his worst tendencies."

That seems like way too much thought for someone who would vote Trump

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Are you listening to yourself?

So your contention is that things are not substantially worse today if the shooter was a proven Democrat/Biden supporter?

How many 20 year old nutjob shooters in America with an AR-15 does it take to convince people like Rex that these crazies are clearly cultivated overtime to be “crazy” by the environment they’re living in?  They are no longer extreme outliers, they didn’t just all of a sudden snap from an otherwise normal life.  Something is in the air that breeds these guys.  

And if that is true, more can be done to prevent these kids from going homicidal.  I don’t have all the answers but first step though is to acknowledge that there’s more to this than the guns and that is a tall order I understand but this is a cultural phenomenon very specific to the United States, a U.S. that refuses to treat these shooters as nothing more than natural born killers to be put down when they break.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So your contention is that things are not substantially worse today if the shooter was a proven Democrat/Biden supporter?

I suppose but even then, there are not 1 million MAGA who’d be seeking to kill liberals. That’s ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They are no longer extreme outliers

They are the very fucking definition of extreme outliers. 

JD Vance checks a lot of Trump's boxes.

Didn't know this about Vance's wife, Usha Chilukuri Vance.

Vance was a law clerk between 2014–15 for then-Circuit Judge Brett Kavanaugh and between 2017-2018 for Chief Justice John Roberts.[5] Vance was admitted to the DC Bar in May 2019 and works for the law firm Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP.[6]

111763496.jpg?quality=100

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

They are the very fucking definition of extreme outliers. 

Statistically rare, but not really outliers. Any sufficiently large sample set would be expected to have these sorts of individuals.

6 minutes ago, deech said:

JD Vance nailed it.

He absolutely did nail it. I’m wondering what the fuck he’s doing, ruining his political career like Pence. He’s unelectable as Kamala after this. And you know ‘28 will go to the Dems: modern politics has turned as shitty as a NFC East. Nobody wins that division consecutive times, because like both political parties, everyone is shitty. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Statistically rare, but not really outliers. Any sufficiently large sample set would be expected to have these sorts of individuals.

Absolute outliers. You people have lost your minds. 

Edited by Rex Kramer

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Burger and Rubio have been told they aren’t the vp pick. Annoucement in 2 hours

As far as those polls, I’m not sure what Biden can do to make up ground or if that’s even possible. I can definitely see a scenario where people vote trunp for president but vote dem everywhere else. 

I thought no matter if it’s Biden or not that the main focus was the House and the Senate. He was at 37% favorability before the debate so I thought quietly they were prepared to fight for the House/Senate regardless. Even prior to the debate. 

thats why when registered to vote fuckers say they won’t vote or will sit on their hands—-do they not understand the house and senate are important? Damn. 

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

OK, so you don't care. There are millions of rabid Trump/MAGA shit-heads out there salivating to start killing liberals. If this kid had been a Democrat, they might've gotten their wish. It is still going around conservative social circles that this kid donated $15 to some dark money Democratic PAC when in fact that was a completely different person with the same name.

I know there are other people named Thomas Crooks who live in Pittsburgh, but the $15 donation was from 15102 which is Bethel Park where the shooter is from. The donation being on Biden’s Inauguration Day leads me to believe it was done as a bet or something related to the inauguration since he registered as a Republican later on. 

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The Dems SHOULD flood the airwaves w/ these quotes throughout the remainder of the election...but they won't. 

Vance certainly articulates the argument better than the democratic nominee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Good luck with that Trump.

Are we having a VP debate because Kamala may be looking forward to busting that one out 

I know there are other people named Thomas Crooks who live in Pittsburgh, but the $15 donation was from 15102 which is Bethel Park where the shooter is from. The donation being on Biden’s Inauguration Day leads me to believe it was done as a bet or something related to the inauguration since he registered as a Republican later on. 

So this is inaccurate?

d0609defc7efa5e8aaba2df97972814b.jpg