2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

57 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Outside of tax code, I really don't know what the Federal government is supposed to do about rent.

Many standards enforced by local regulators come from federal regulations.  There are significant costs added to construction from those regulations

Example: EPA standards around stormwater and discharge from municipal waste facilities have increased significantly in the last 30 years.  Those costs are material to the construction of new supply for rent.  Thats not to say those costs(regulations) aren’t the right thing to do, but they are real and much different than the past.

11 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is Biden's attempt to reach out to young male voters. Can't imagine it will help in any way. 

Yikes, at the 2-minute mark he talks about running for President against Trump in 2020, then 20 seconds later he says it was an honor when Obama asked him to be the VP in 2020.  

I don't want to watch anymore because I'm afraid of what's to come... well, that and I was already starting to fall asleep.

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Crazy to think America could be a borderline Axis power by this time next year. 

Borderline? Germany would be our Italy and we'd steal all their trucks and make them walk through the desert.

How do you not know your own major policy position.  It's one thing to read out loud something stupid on the teleprompter like "[Pause]."  It's another to mess up something like that.  

I legitimately didn't know it was anywhere near this bad.  I'll admit he's been cringeworthy the whole presidency so I avoid watching him when I can.  I didn't realize that we need to start thinking about Alzheimer's.

I think you can reasonably conclude with a straight face that you don't know whether the country will be in worse hands over the next 4 years based on who's elected. If there is an emergency war-like situation or something else that needs quick understanding of what is going on, is Biden capable of that?

6 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

How do you not know your own major policy position.  It's one thing to read out loud something stupid on the teleprompter like "[Pause]."  It's another to mess up something like that.  

I legitimately didn't know it was anywhere near this bad.  I'll admit he's been cringeworthy the whole presidency so I avoid watching him when I can.  I didn't realize that we need to start thinking about Alzheimer's.

I think you can reasonably conclude with a straight face that you don't know whether the country will be in worse hands over the next 4 years based on who's elected. If there is an emergency war-like situation or something else that needs quick understanding of what is going on, is Biden capable of that?

Let's not go crazy now. Biden will continue to have smart, competent people around him to "guide" him to the preferred decision.

Trump...will not. 

I agree with everything before this though.

• Hook 'Em 7

16 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Other world leaders when meeting with Biden...

It's a shame. Trump shouldn't have a chance in hell, but here we are. 

conor-mcgregor-who-the-fuck-is-that-guy.gif

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Let's not go crazy now. Biden will continue to have smart, competent people around him to "guide" him to the preferred decision.

Trump...will not. 

Too bad none of those smart, competent people around him are running for President.

• Hook 'Em 3

42 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’ll take my chances with the old guy and the competent people around him. You can go with Trump, Bannon, Flynn, Paxton et al to handle the emergency if you really want I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I feel fairly confident in saying this: At this very moment less than 4 months from Election Day, Biden's age/condition is a bigger concern to the general electorate than anything regarding Trump. It's fresher in people's minds and hasn't been beat to a bloody pulp for the last 8 years. It's not fair, but I think it's where we're at. And time isn't on Biden's side.

What the fuck are we gonna do about it? 

Vote for Joe Biden?

• Hook 'Em 2

I feel fairly confident in saying this: At this very moment less than 4 months from Election Day, Biden's age/condition is a bigger concern to the general electorate than anything regarding Trump. It's fresher in people's minds and hasn't been beat to a bloody pulp for the last 8 years. It's not fair, but I think it's where we're at. And time isn't on Biden's side.
What the fuck are we gonna do about it? 

Pelosi is going to fix it.

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Trump...will not. 

I never knew that being president was considered a “group effort” until I was told less than a month ago, shockingly, right after Biden flubbed his way through the debate and people started asking questions.

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

I never knew that being president was considered a “group effort” until I was told less than a month ago, shockingly, right after Biden flubbed his way through the debate and people started asking questions.

While I understand your sarcastic point, if you don't hold the absolute scum, stupidity, and ineptitude that Trump surrounded himself with the last time around against him, I don't know what to tell you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

You missed the “…once in office he’ll be serious and have a great staff” replies in 2016/2017. Followed by endless Twitter firings

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

For real?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You missed the “…once in office he’ll be serious and have a great staff” replies in 2016/2017. Followed by endless Twitter firings

You have to take him seriously, not literally! 

For real?

Seriously. That was the book on Ronald fucking Reagan - he surrounded himself with a skilled cabinet. It was a regular theme for praise of his presidency which, if you hadn’t noticed, happened decades ago.
Maybe you “never knew” that because you’re an uninformed moron. Or, maybe you’re lying. Those are the two options here.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

How do you not know your own major policy position.

Well

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Biden will continue to have smart, competent people around him to "guide" him to the preferred decision.

This.  

Are you under the impression the policies of the last several years were his? Never saw Biden’s views when in the senate?

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Are you under the impression the policies of the last several years were his? Never saw Biden’s views when in the senate?

People willing to change their positions for the betterment of Americans is good, actually. 

We all here choose Biden, on life support, over a psychopathic Hans Landa reincarnate option, but Surly not gonna be the deciding factor, the deciding factor is going to be unplugged voters in a few swing states that only see Trump with an assassin’s bullet wound, this vs an extremely geriatric Biden that was in trouble before the disastrous debate and assassination attempt. THAT is how this will play with the dumbs that are still deciding. This is a very target audience and Joe Biden ain’t going to win it, for fuck sake! Everyone was saying this a week ago a and now it’s like a brow beaten cuck fest for Biden 

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Texaus said:

We all here choose Biden, on life support, over a psychopathic Hans Landa reincarnate option, but Surly not gonna be the deciding factor, the deciding factor is going to be unplugged voters in a few swing states that only see Trump with an assassin’s bullet wound, this vs an extremely geriatric Biden that was in trouble before the disastrous debate and assassination attempt. THAT is how this will play with the dumbs that are still deciding. This is a very target audience and Joe Biden ain’t going to win it, for fuck sake! Everyone was saying this a week ago a and now it’s like a brow beaten cuck fest for Biden 

I'm here for the gangbang. 

• Haha 1

Sometimes I wish the competent capable people in the room handling stuff would run for office. but maybe being the traveling figurehead type meeting with world leaders and shaking hands is the reason they are in the room. It’s just not their thing. 

I do remember early in W’s presidency (pretty sure this was before 9/11) where he had a colonoscopy and the people around him forgot to have him sign that letter (forget what it’s called) ceding his authority for the timeframe of the procedure. And it was like a big deal at the presser with the reporters screaming  “who was in charge for that time? Who the fuck was in charge?” And it was officially no one but people were “in charge.” 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This is Biden's attempt to reach out to young male voters. Can't imagine it will help in any way. 

These were layups and he fucked up from the jump. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Interesting way of describing children and the elderly, but you do you.

He wasn't being facetious.  He sees them as trash, along with the poor and all minorities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

He wasn't being facetious.  He sees them as trash, along with the poor and all minorities.

Minorities?  Ain’t got shit so straight to race?  You’re becoming less interesting by the minute. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Minorities?  Ain’t got shit so straight to race?  You’re becoming less interesting by the minute. 

Minorities notwithstanding, you just straight up dismissed a large percentage of children and the elderly as trash.

That's messed up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Minorities notwithstanding, you just straight up dismissed a large percentage of children and the elderly as trash.

That's messed up.

The elderly have paid their dues. Minors should be supported by their parents - this isn’t difficult.  

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

OK, let's give you the minorities.  You didn't push back on children, the elderly, or the poor.  You're cool with middle-age wealthy minorities.  Kudos, Mother Teresa.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

OK, let's give you the minorities.  You didn't push back on children, the elderly, or the poor.  You're cool with middle-age wealthy minorities.  Kudos, Mother Teresa.

Don’t forget people who can’t back the loans they agreed to.