2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

54 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I never knew that being president was considered a “group effort” until I was told less than a month ago, shockingly, right after Biden flubbed his way through the debate and people started asking questions.

Yeah they got this thing called the Cabinet. You never heard of it?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I guess next you'll tell us about equal bargaining power.

This fuckhead’s mom was a doctor. I mean it’s not a grocery store chain but it ain’t chopped liver. Put his dumb ass on ignore 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I never knew that being president was considered a “group effort” until I was told less than a month ago, shockingly, right after Biden flubbed his way through the debate and people started asking questions.

Our choices are either that or the man who tried to overthrow our democracy. 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yeah they got this thing called the Cabinet. You never heard of it?

It's funny, the US annual budget is more than 10X amazon's annual revenue, and yet some people think the President should have some sort of over-arching superpower with his fingerprints on everything.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Sometimes I wish the competent capable people in the room handling stuff would run for office. but maybe being the traveling figurehead type meeting with world leaders and shaking hands is the reason they are in the room. It’s just not their thing. 

I do remember early in W’s presidency (pretty sure this was before 9/11) where he had a colonoscopy and the people around him forgot to have him sign that letter (forget what it’s called) ceding his authority for the timeframe of the procedure. And it was like a big deal at the presser with the reporters screaming  “who was in charge for that time? Who the fuck was in charge?” And it was officially no one but people were “in charge.” 

Dick Cheney?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Texaus said:

Dick Cheney?

Probably.

I just remember the presser back then and recall how upset the press was. “Who was in charge when W was getting his ass scoped? Why wasn’t proper procedure followed? Why wasn’t the document signed?” They were lit up about it. 

I always thought a President is as good as the people the President chooses to be around them. Always thought it was largely a group effort for many of the Presidents in my lifetime. I just wish the people in that room would run for office sometimes 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Can you guys do the poor people suck bit version 973 with fatty on another thread? This is the doom thread, not the get played by a shitty poster thread.

That stings.  Pick the convo back up in November? 

Still like 15 weeks to go, the DNC and the October “surprise” but I took a picture of this screen. Sorry my CC blocked the top of the headline but it’s basically the four potential candidates polling ahead of Biden. The bottom headline is the concerning one obviously. 

IMG_1549.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Endless doom and gloom posts for 4 years?  Onlysoerect.archer.gif

That's the thing, man. I'm sure you've read enough of Project 2025 and some of the recent Supreme Court rulings to realize that that may not be a great trajectory for our country and your kids. But, fuck it, liberal tears lulz.

Just sad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

become?

He used to at least be comparatively interesting to engage with, despite obvious disagreements. Then, someone had to fill the Johnny Sack role of saying the most tone deaf, offensive thing possible just to get a rise out of people, and he was the hero who stepped up.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Still like 15 weeks to go, the DNC and the October “surprise” but I took a picture of this screen. Sorry my CC blocked the top of the headline but it’s basically the four potential candidates polling ahead of Biden. The bottom headline is the concerning one obviously. 

IMG_1549.jpeg

Here's the problem for Democrats. I follow politics a whole lot more closely than the average voter and I didn't know who Wes Moore or Josh Shapiro were until right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

That's the thing, man. I'm sure you've read enough of Project 2025 and some of the recent Supreme Court rulings to realize that that may not be a great trajectory for our country and your kids. But, fuck it, liberal tears lulz.

Just sad.

Yeah, I read some of the boogeyman stuff highlighted by Dixon and Neon.  Not quite what they’re selling to the masses, I mean, laborers may lose time and a half!!1!   Don’t know what Supreme Court rulings that have you so affected - seems most of the shit they touch has next to nothing to do with my day to day.  I’m pretty sure the kids don’t need a progressive agenda to be just fine.   The lib tears meme is overplayed. People are actually moving. 

1 hour ago, Texaus said:

We all here choose Biden, on life support, over a psychopathic Hans Landa reincarnate option, but Surly not gonna be the deciding factor, the deciding factor is going to be unplugged voters in a few swing states that only see Trump with an assassin’s bullet wound, this vs an extremely geriatric Biden that was in trouble before the disastrous debate and assassination attempt. THAT is how this will play with the dumbs that are still deciding. This is a very target audience and Joe Biden ain’t going to win it, for fuck sake! Everyone was saying this a week ago a and now it’s like a brow beaten cuck fest for Biden 

All of this. I don't understand how this is particularly difficult to grasp. Very few, if any, people still think that Biden is running the country in a normal presidential capacity. They know that he will be in name only at some point during a second term. We can say until we're blue in the face that ANYTHING beats Trump and sitting at home makes you liable blah, blah, blah.

But we're still asking normal, everyday people to vote for a guy because the cabinet behind him--that they didn't vote for--is solid. Not very motivational and not very democratic. A 75 year old Biden would be wiping the floor with Trump. It will be a colossal failure to let this version wither on the vine without significant action.

• Like 1

Lol, get a little booze in these guys, and they get all hot and bothered by their love for the the biggest beta bitch to ever hold office. A walking nonstop grievance who has done nothing but cry and whine for four straight fucking years. This is their hero, lol. Bunch of pathetic bottom bitches.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, I read some of the boogeyman stuff highlighted by Dixon and Neon.  Not quite what they’re selling to the masses, I mean, laborers may lose time and a half!!1!   Don’t know what Supreme Court rulings that have you so affected - seems most of the shit they touch has next to nothing to do with my day to day.  I’m pretty sure the kids don’t need a progressive agenda to be just fine.   The lib tears meme is overplayed. People are actually moving. 

Yes, yes, yes, it's all in our heads. It's not like they tell us at every opportunity their goals for a male-dominated, anti-LGTBQ theocracy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Yes, yes, yes, it's all in our heads. It's not like they tell us at every opportunity their goals for a male-dominated, anti-LGTBQ theocracy.

This. The Handmaid's Tale is their wet dream.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I always thought a President is as good as the people the President chooses to be around them. Always thought it was largely a group effort for many of the Presidents in my lifetime. I just wish the people in that room would run for office sometimes 

I think that’s how it has always been…until Trump. No question cabinet/advisors do influence policy, rightly so because of their station/credentials. But here we are. This coming lack of good advisors is a real concern with Kim Jung, err Trump. Yes men. Bad.

The list of past advisors(all cuntbags from our point of view) from trumps first presidency that now disavow and warn us of him should be very telling. It is truly baffling that this isn’t even on the radar, it should really be one of the primary pieces of argument against him. How many past trump people are still with him? It’s easily a vast majority of past advisors that warn us against him. These are prior Trump cock smokers, they used to let Trump creampie them! And THEY are literally warning us of how much of a dumbass and danger to democracy he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I follow politics a whole lot more closely than the average voter and I didn't know who Wes Moore or Josh Shapiro were until right now.

That is an insane statement

8 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Here's the problem for Democrats. I follow politics a whole lot more closely than the average voter and I didn't know who Wes Moore or Josh Shapiro were until right now.

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

I play reasonably close attention, but didn't know about Wes Moore until this week and was only peripherally aware of Shapiro but couldn't point him out of a lineup. 

I'm team anyone but Trump (or any R), for what it's worth.

Edited by hookem2010
  • Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, G650 said:

That is an insane statement

Is it?

Go ask the not terminally online Dems or independents who these people are.  They likely have no idea if it isn't their state or one geographically close to them. 

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Good thing you're lucky.

@fattyflattie isn’t lucky, he’s stupid.  He’s a poor person who thinks he’s rich.  He thinks he’s one of the people who benefit from gop tax policy, but he’s not.  He’s a rube voting against his own interests.

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Is it?

Go ask the not terminally online Dems or independents who these people are.  They likely have no idea if it isn't their state or one geographically close to them. 

Josh Shapiro had one of the most well publicized races in the country. You'd have to be under a rock not to know who he is. I only vaguely follow the minutae of this crap and I know who he is, he was plastered all over the news

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

@fattyflattie isn’t lucky, he’s stupid.  He’s a poor person who thinks he’s rich.  He thinks he’s one of the people who benefit from gop tax policy, but he’s not.  He’s a rube voting against his own interests.

Lol. I know exactly what I have, and do not have.  And how that proportions to what is put in, and what is received back.  Those proportions are severely out of whack for successful upper middle class in this country.  Equality my ass 

Polls don’t mean shit after 2016.

I don’t know how many calls and texts I’ve received asking to be polled. I ignore all that shit. 

who replies to that? Old olds…

does it mean I’m not voting, no. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. I know exactly what I have, and do not have.  And how that proportions to what is put in, and what is received back.  Those proportions are severely out of whack for successful upper middle class in this country.  Equality my ass 

LOL “successful”, “upper”.  No, guy. You’re fucking middle middle.  You ain’t shit and you have FAR more in common with the poors you hate than the people you want making the rules.  But I think I was wrong about you not being lucky.  Being blissfully ignorant is pretty lucky.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

90% of Americans have no clue who Wes Moore is. 

I had no idea. I might have been able to identify Josh Shapiro as a politician. Maybe. But I certainly didn't know he was the governor of Pennsylvania.