2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Horn Dog said:

IMG_7074.gif.0586e5c7bab884fa7c024f18ee0b141a.gif

Fuck that, he needs to be on the campaign trail, less visible than Kamala, but doing the "good" Biden interviews and supporting her 100%. COVID is a perfect way to gracefully bow out as the candidate if that's where this is headed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Fuck that, he needs to be on the campaign trail, less visible than Kamala, but doing the "good" Biden interviews and supporting her 100%. COVID is a perfect way to gracefully bow out as the candidate if that's where this is headed. 

Fully drugged

48 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Those of you saying a brokered convention would be better than Harris absolutely do not understand politics and are going to drive me to drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol.

I don't know how anyone could bemoan the Democratic Party's handling of this entire saga and expect a brokered convention to be anything but an enormous mess at the same time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, stick him in the Blue Wall states to campaign for/with her. Her, Barack, Michelle, Joe. Just win those 3 and we are golden. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It wouldn't shock me.  Not even a little bit.  A surprising percentage of women are really, really, really shitty in that respect.

And, Kamala at the top of the ticket will also drive up turnout among piece of shit white male voters who are racist and misogynist (so, the Trump base). If their turnout increases even 1-2%, then that may be enough to seal the deal.

I'm fine with moving on but this is why I thought (I'm moving on so past tense) Biden as a senile old guy was still the better candidate and why I was so fucking mad about how the last 2 weeks played out.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don't know how anyone could bemoan the Democratic Party's handling of this entire saga and expect a brokered convention to be anything but an enormous mess at the same time.

it already is a mess.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It wouldn't shock me.  Not even a little bit.  A surprising percentage of women are really, really, really shitty in that respect.

And, Kamala at the top of the ticket will also drive up turnout among piece of shit white male voters who are racist and misogynist (so, the Trump base). If their turnout increases even 1-2%, then that may be enough to seal the deal.

And ditching Biden for a younger candidate can increase youth and minority turnout. We know you’ll find an issue with every candidate and tell us how MAGA will increase turnout bc it’s a woman/gay/Jew/minority, Eeyore

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And ditching Biden for a younger candidate can increase youth and minority turnout. We know you’ll find an issue with every candidate and tell us how MAGA will increase turnout bc it’s a woman/gay/Jew/minority, Eeyore

that's the bet, let's hope it works out. just because I'm super concerned and worried about asshat white women doesn't mean I'm not game. let's go.

Edited by troph

1968 called.

They want their presidential race back.

Assassination attempt?

A Republican candidate for Pres that lost their previous races?

An incumbent drops out.

A brokered Democratic convention in Chicago?!

The simulation is getting lazy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, troph said:

no doubt she's a fantastic orator and debater, one of the best in a long while, but we knew that from her primary run in 2020. Maybe its PTSD from HRC and post-Obama backlash, but god I hope we don't run into a racist/sexist anti-Harris buzz saw (among suburban white women and others) in swing states. The number of women who might vote for a man (Dem) but will simply say a woman (per se) isn't qualified to be POTUS might shock us all.

But if she's POTUS already? That's why Biden should just step down. Make her POTUS so it's not a foreign concept to have a woman president. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, troph said:

that's the bet, let's hope it works out. just because I'm not super concerned and worried about asshat white women doesn't mean I'm not game. let's go.

At this point, the campaign on the Dem side needs a big shot of excitement and enthusiasm. This is the chance. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, just like there will be a lot of silent dem votes from women because of the abortion issue, there will now be a lot of silent trump votes because of race.    

• Hook 'Em 1

This is what I’ve been saying. There are anti-Trump voters that have come out willing to vote Biden. I think Harris makes those same people stay home.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Js1 said:

There's a legitimate argument to be made that Kamala Harris is a net negative in the blue wall states as things currently stand, and her success would rest on getting a decisive victory among those currently undecided/considering not voting/parking protest votes with West or Stein, and that doing so as a quasi-incumbent would be difficult.

Her odds are still long, but there's at least upside. It is really hard to imagine undecides breaking for Biden in a meaningful way at this point.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

well there's your open air, brokered convention for everyone to see. it's like the neighbors who fight with their windows open and everyone hears and they act like nothing happened. jesus fucking christ.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6th Street said:

Who is this rando

Halperin is not a rando but he went from mainstream news to Newsmax. So take that with a grain of salt

He co-wrote Game Changer about the 2008 election and Palin

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Not resigning and not endorsing isn’t ideal imo.  Have to look like a well oiled machine. This already looks like chaos.  An open convention will further that. 

Agreed. What’s the point of a vice president then? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

There's a legitimate argument to be made that Kamala Harris is a net negative in the blue wall states as things currently stand, and her success would rest on getting a decisive victory among those currently undecided/considering not voting/parking protest votes with West or Stein, and that doing so as a quasi-incumbent would be difficult.

Her odds are still long, but there's at least upside. It is really hard to imagine undecides breaking for Biden in a meaningful way at this point.

I think we vastly downplay the anti-trump vote causing undecideds to vote Biden. When push comes to shove the net negative for trump will carry the day for many. Will those same moderates vote for Harris, I honestly don't know. What we do know is black women carried HRC and suburban white women ate HRC alive. I would expect that to hold true for Harris as well.

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Halperin is not a rando but he went from mainstream news to Newsmax. So take that with a grain of salt

let's hope he has bad info.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

well there's your open air, brokered convention for everyone to see. it's like the neighbors who fight with their windows open and everyone hears and they act like nothing happened. jesus fucking christ.

Yeah, this is going to be like the West Wing, with Obama trying to play Bartlet trying to get the candidates to be adults with a nomination up for grabs.  Good luck, but maybe he'll be able to convince them that once mud starts getting slung, the nomination will be meaningless.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gap03 said:

Yeah, this is going to be like the West Wing, with Obama trying to play Bartlet trying to get the candidates to be adults with a nomination up for grabs.  Good luck, but maybe he'll be able to convince them that once mud starts getting slung, the nomination will be meaningless.  

Obama and Bill need to play elder statesman and get everyone on board with Harris. A month is not long enough for an open convention. Dem warfare. Dems in disarray. Every chuckle fuck will throw their name in 

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Not resigning and not endorsing isn’t ideal imo.  Have to look like a well oiled machine. This already looks like chaos.  An open convention will further that. 

Don’t compare it to the almighty, compare it to the alternative?

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Obama and Bill need to play elder statesman and get everyone on board with Harris. A month is not long enough for an open convention. Dem warfare. Dems in disarray. Every chuckle fuck will throw their name in 

Chucklefuck talk not going away.

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Reminder that the Trump/Vance ticket is incredibly easy to campaign against if you are capable of delivering the message:

'

Sassy GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not endorsing his own vice president would be completely shitty. The only good thing that comes out of that is if Whitmer, Newsom, and any other options all throw their support behind her and say they will not seek the nomination. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

I think we vastly downplay the anti-trump vote causing undecideds to vote Biden. When push comes to shove the net negative for trump will carry the day for many. Will those same moderates vote for Harris, I honestly don't know. What we do know is black women carried HRC and suburban white women ate HRC alive. I would expect that to hold true for Harris as well.

I tend to think the vast majority of those voters are voting blue no matter who. By definition, the anti-Trump vote is driven by...Trump, not the other guy/gal.

Some, primarily men, will likely break off due to race and/or gender. I doubt you ultimately see a major white woman defection. This is a very different country for women than it was 8 years ago, as youl obviously well know, and the electorate has changed. The entire 18-25 cohort couldn't even vote in 2016. Most under 30's couldn't or didn't. Millions of older voters have died since then. Less white, on balance. There has not been a decades-long coordinated right wing media onslaught building hatred of Kamala Harris nationally like there was for Hillary Clinton.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

Yeah, I take that Newsmax reporter with a massive grain of salt.

Yep. Even Biden isn’t dumb enough to completely piss off the most reliable voting bloc of your party by not endorsing your female black VP. Black women will love that! 

15 minutes ago, Texaus said:

Also, just like there will be a lot of silent dem votes from women because of the abortion issue, there will now be a lot of silent trump votes because of race.    

Trump already has all the racists on his side.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

consider this my official exploratory committee effort...

would you assholes consider voting for me?

What is your position on nuking Oklahoma and giving College Station to North Korea?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Those of you saying a brokered convention would be better than Harris absolutely do not understand politics and are going to drive me to drink an unhealthy amount of alcohol.

Fucking a.

A mini primary or whatever the fuck is the absolute worst idea possible. If it isn’t Joe then it needs to be Kamala. Anything else has a zero percent chance of winning the election.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

What is your position on nuking Oklahoma and giving College Station to North Korea?

Giving Louisiana a chunk of East Texas that includes College Station probably improves the intelligence of both states.