2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

“The Biden For President campaign is calling an all-staff meeting for Friday. It’s heading into a critical weekend for the party as Republican Donald Trumpwraps up a heady Republican National Convention in Milwaukee and Democrats, racing time, consider the extraordinary possibility of Biden stepping aside for a new presidential nominee before their own convention next month in Chicago.

As anxiety and information swirled, Biden’s closest friend in Congress and his campaign co-chair, Sen. Chris Coons of Delaware, told The Associated Press, “President Biden deserves the respect to have important family conversations with members of the caucus and colleagues in the House and Senate and Democratic leadership and not be battling leaks and press statements.”

https://apnews.com/article/biden-democrats-drop-out-election-2024-3f9e3d15431fd4974771a54e1d0e4ea7

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Latinos are on the forefront of this, but fuck my fellow Indian shitheads like Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy and Raj Patel and Usha Vance and countless others in prominent Republican circles for supporting a movement that's coming for us too eventually.  Maybe we are considered a "good" minority but all those people are morons for thinking because they hopped on the bandwagon they are immune to it.

a good minority until the run out of bad minorities to harass / round up 

maga will quickly eat their own

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

a good minority until the run out of bad minorities to harass / round up 

maga will quickly eat their own

MAGA is ok with some minorities if they have a good paying job. Of course if your job is answering a phone, you better not have an accent or the MAGA caller will demand to talk to an American. Meaning a white person.

you know that gop strategists have already decided how they can avoid Vance’s wife and kids names being mentioned in most campaign  situations. Silicon Valley being an exception.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

😂😂😂😂

Donald Trump said the following at his RNC speech tonight: 

1. He asked if people knew his friend the “late great Hannibal Lecter.” 

2. He praised Hungary’s authoritarian leader Viktor Orban. 

3. He said North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un missed him. 

4. He attacked the UAW Union. 

5. He called COVID “the China Virus.” 

6. He said he was buying votes in Wisconsin. 

7. He thought Scott Walker was still the Governor of Wisconsin and praised his leadership. The Governor is Democrat Tony Evers who did not attend. 

8. He said he was going to “take over the Auto Industry.” 

9. He called Nancy Pelosi “Crazy Nancy.” 

10. He said he wanted to hold the next Republican Convention in Venezuela. 

11. He spread lies about the 2020 election.

12. He bragged that the Taliban called him “your excellency” and said they probably don’t call President Biden that.

And he'll likely get elected b/c we are a country of idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

This sums up my sentiments ….

Machete Kills Fanart GIF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews

The Association of German National Jews (German: Verband nationaldeutscher Juden) was a German Jewish organization during the Weimar Republic and the early years of Nazi Germany that eventually came out in support of Adolf Hitler.

It primarily attracted members from the anticommunist middle class, small business owners, national conservatives, and nationalist World War I veterans, many of whom believed that Nazi antisemitism was only a rhetorical tool used to "stir up the masses."[1][2]

In 1935, the organization was outlawed, and its founder and leader Max Naumann was imprisoned by the Gestapo.[3]

Another, smaller group of Jews for Hitler was The German Vanguard.[4]

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 5

12 hours ago, bolverk said:

For those who don't think a lot of the Hillary hatred was based on misogyny, you probably never browsed CR on the old board. Some of their favorite memes were based on her riding a broomstick, wearing a witch's hat, etc. It was full-bore brain-dead he-man women-hater shit like this:

image.png.3fe0ccd7166d82e288776fa5674dfa28.png

image.thumb.png.12add926a1c22fdb34365db23b3eed8c.png

image.thumb.png.bc1904c27b2589330977445024903892.png

image.png.e86c1d36c4a3a2a597f63e7806652d23.png

image.thumb.png.0caf381473709af9dac09fb13f50c553.png

How about we beat this dead horse in a different thread 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

right, like 'wtf, what thread is this??' lol

DixonHur was here. Dude loves a good derail to push some talking points approved by fatty and Icono, the true luminaries of surly 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews

The Association of German National Jews (German: Verband nationaldeutscher Juden) was a German Jewish organization during the Weimar Republic and the early years of Nazi Germany that eventually came out in support of Adolf Hitler.

It primarily attracted members from the anticommunist middle class, small business owners, national conservatives, and nationalist World War I veterans, many of whom believed that Nazi antisemitism was only a rhetorical tool used to "stir up the masses."[1][2]

In 1935, the organization was outlawed, and its founder and leader Max Naumann was imprisoned by the Gestapo.[3]

Another, smaller group of Jews for Hitler was The German Vanguard.[4]

Die Leoparden fressen die Gesichtsvereinigung der Menschen?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, DixonHur said:

Don't you get it @ChiTownDoc, @Dahobbs knows better than those who lived it.  Those poor bastards just don't know how bad they had it.

You and I just don't understand despite having friends and family in former communist countries.

Sit sit back and let him America-splain everything to you.

To be fair I was an adult when she told me about communism and how so many people had it better back then.  I was like wtf?  Even the worst person off here has it WAY better than the average person in any communist country.  I think I was also a R back then.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A perfect political move would be for Biden to announce today that he's stepping down to pull attention away from Trump's speech tonight. But there may be honor among thieves to somewhat keep quiet during the other convention.  

And you don't want a big announcement tomorrow on a Friday. Instead I'm calling that he steps down from the race and potentially resigns on Sunday night.

Harris needs to run from the Oval Office and not the VP office. Not to mention that she would get huge press by having the Senate confirm her VP, which would also be her VP candidate. That would be priceless free press.

Hindsight is 20 /20 but now I'm glad they did not put the attention off of that. Absurd speech

• Hook 'Em 2

this scenario should have been anticipated many months ago and biden always should have been a one term president. if he’d simply announced he won’t seek reelection when the time was ripe, we’d have a candidate at this point after an open primary, where voters had the ability to make their voices heard. a candidate who would be much better prepared to defeat the democracy killer.

biden is 100% going to bow out within the next few days.

he’s been effective following up the trump debacle, but dude’s time is done.

the next big question isn’t whether or not biden will be the candidate (he won’t). it’s whether or not voters will get any say in who that candidate may be. the general sentiment within the party points to kamala as being the most obvious choice, but she’s arguably not the choice of the majority - except for those who believe she offers the best chance to defeat trump. i’m hoping voters get an opportunity to make our voices heard, and it may well be kamala’s turn. i’m in favor of the next month before the convention being open to debate and other candidates. let’s take a broad look at things and spend the next 3-4 weeks coming to some sort of consensus. i’m convinced that scenario offers more advantages than quickly anointing kamala. so, bring on the debates and controversies for a few weeks. voters will be more engaged if that opportunity is granted.

2 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I’m seeing that the GOP is planning lawsuits in swing states if Biden steps down. What can they sue over? The democrat nominee hasn’t been picked.

They love to sue. Because it works for them 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Biden is not dropping out per Jennifer Dylan (campaign chairwoman). She was on morning Joe this morning.

I don’t think he can drop out due to the GOP and their ownership of the courts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Biden is not dropping out per Jennifer Dylan (campaign chairwoman). She was on morning Joe this morning.

I think that's something they have to say right up until the moment he drops out. It's not like she can say "Yeah, we're trying to decide whether to do it Sunday or Monday...."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

He can absolutely drop out. The GOP can sue if they want to but it will get thrown out like most of the 2020 and 2021 lawsuits did. The Supreme Court didn't lift a finger to help him. He is not the party's nominee until the delegates are pledged to him at the convention. He also, like Nikki Haley, can release his delegates which he will do if he steps down as the nominee. 

• Hook 'Em 3

LOL

Mark Zuckerberg, the chief executive of Meta, does not plan to endorse a candidate in the November presidential election, he told Bloomberg News in an interview on Thursday. But Zuckerberg praised Donald J. Trump’s immediate response to the assassination attempt against him, saying that it was difficult not to get “emotional about that spirit and that fight — and I think that’s why a lot of people like the guy.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/19/us/trump-rnc-republican-convention/fdcfc875-ac74-5869-a601-99b38f6034db?smid=url-share

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

LOL

Mark Zuckerberg, the chief executive of Meta, does not plan to endorse a candidate in the November presidential election, he told Bloomberg News in an interview on Thursday. But Zuckerberg praised Donald J. Trump’s immediate response to the assassination attempt against him, saying that it was difficult not to get “emotional about that spirit and that fight — and I think that’s why a lot of people like the guy.”

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2024/07/19/us/trump-rnc-republican-convention/fdcfc875-ac74-5869-a601-99b38f6034db?smid=url-share

You like trump for the pedophilia and rape, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

the double standard for trump vs dem candidates makes me want to pull my hair out.

I only watched a few minutes of Dotard's speech because it's not good for my health. But I did catch myself wondering what the reaction would be if basically any of his words came out of the mouth of a democrat. Clinton, Obama, whoever. Saying good things about Russia, North Korea, the Taliban, etc. Randomly praising Hannibal Lector, etc. Praising Hulk Hogan. So far past bizarre. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I only watched a few minutes of Dotard's speech because it's not good for my health. But I did catch myself wondering what the reaction would be if basically any of his words came out of the mouth of a democrat. Clinton, Obama, whoever. Saying good things about Russia, North Korea, the Taliban, etc. Randomly praising Hannibal Lector, etc. Praising Hulk Hogan. So far past bizarre. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wife grew up in communism (pics here somewhere).  Totally agree.  ‘Freedom!!!’ only resonates w certain people. 

you got married?  booooooo.....unless it was one of those vegas girls then congrats

1 hour ago, bangkok said:

this scenario should have been anticipated many months ago and biden always should have been a one term president. if he’d simply announced he won’t seek reelection when the time was ripe, we’d have a candidate at this point after an open primary, where voters had the ability to make their voices heard. a candidate who would be much better prepared to defeat the democracy killer.

biden is 100% going to bow out within the next few days.

he’s been effective following up the trump debacle, but dude’s time is done.

the next big question isn’t whether or not biden will be the candidate (he won’t). it’s whether or not voters will get any say in who that candidate may be. the general sentiment within the party points to kamala as being the most obvious choice, but she’s arguably not the choice of the majority - except for those who believe she offers the best chance to defeat trump. i’m hoping voters get an opportunity to make our voices heard, and it may well be kamala’s turn. i’m in favor of the next month before the convention being open to debate and other candidates. let’s take a broad look at things and spend the next 3-4 weeks coming to some sort of consensus. i’m convinced that scenario offers more advantages than quickly anointing kamala. so, bring on the debates and controversies for a few weeks. voters will be more engaged if that opportunity is granted.

wow, this is new information. thanks 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

its beyond that. How in the fuck is immune from the Epstein relationship which was clearly substantial, multiple rapes, all the... fuck it, it's not good for my mental health either.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

its beyond that. How in the fuck is immune from the Epstein relationship which was clearly substantial, multiple rapes, all the... fuck it, it's not good for my mental health either.

Remember when he was president, and on election day tried to stop the counting of votes? Because he was up at that point. So he tried to stop the count right there, and throw out all of the votes that had not yet been counted. He also declared victory on election night, while votes were still being counted. Just absolutely historically horrific stuff from a President, that most people probably don't even know about. And no one talks about it, because of the mountain of other horrific shit. 

It's a good lesson to learn. Don't ever take a break from doing new terrible things. No one will be able to keep up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

This is ultimately where I’m at. I’m curious how much of normal America feels the same way. We, collectively, are not “normal” as far as politics when it comes to overthinking and spending time on this board discussing every nuance. What is the mindset of the millions of voters who will cast a vote but are not following closely? Let’s hope it is similar to this because it doesn’t take a whole lot of information to understand this basic choice.

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I’m seeing that the GOP is planning lawsuits in swing states if Biden steps down. What can they sue over? The democrat nominee hasn’t been picked.

They will sue to create chaos and start the case that the election is invalid. Of course if Trump wins, all of this talk will end.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

This is ultimately where I’m at. I’m curious how much of normal America feels the same way. We, collectively, are not “normal” as far as politics when it comes to overthinking and spending time on this board discussing every nuance. What is the mindset of the millions of voters who will cast a vote but are not following closely? Let’s hope it is similar to this because it doesn’t take a whole lot of information to understand this basic choice.

Because it’s an image contest. Has nothing to with policy or results, just image 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

wtf…I haven’t seen this commercial. Described in screenshot below. 

i did see John King’s bit at the electoral map last night and that was compelling and sobering. Like realignment type of election stuff. 1984/2008 type stuff.

Jesus…sorry for the lady’s expression in my picture of screen. 

IMG_1562.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Exactly this, and there's still a better chance of #2 happening than not. We are fucked.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They will sue to create chaos and start the case that the election is invalid. Of course if Trump wins, all of this talk will end.

he said in his speech, they will try to cheat again, but it won't matter, we will win anyway.

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Exactly this, and there's still a better chance of #2 happening than not. We are fucked.

Yep we are all held hostage because of the fucking EC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Like realignment type of election stuff. 1984/2008 type stuff.

This is the most hyperbolic shit by the media and pundits right now 

• Hook 'Em 1

AOC went on Instagram last night echoing many of my thoughts, which is how I know I'm right and she's the smartest politician to have ever lived.

My problem with Biden remaining the nominee at this point is the media will likely just continue the intense focus on his being old for the remainder of the campaign (the idea of that remaining the only real story of this fucking election for another four months might drive me to commit murder) and I don't think Biden can successfully rebut it because he'll continue to have some flubs and some more embarrassing moments like the BET interview.  

My problem with Biden stepping aside is that nobody pressuring him to do so has actually thought any of this through, it's just a ratfuck campaign from donors mixed with genuine panic by a lot of Democratic officials who I think are putting too much stock in shitty polls. And if the donors will ratfuck Harris too after Biden steps aside and just bribe delegates to pick whomever they prefer, that's not really any different from if Pence had decided he in fact COULD disregard the votes on 1/6 and choose alternate slates of electors. If it's not Biden it has to be Harris, and if they try to bypass Harris Biden needs to drop a Raytheon knife missile on those fuckers.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 2