2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

15 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Look on the bright side, y'all. It's entirely possible the Trump campaign just peaked.

Donald Trump has been at his ceiling for the past 10 months. He. Isn’t. Gaining. Support. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Latinos are on the forefront of this, but fuck my fellow Indian shitheads like Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy and Raj Patel and Usha Vance and countless others in prominent Republican circles for supporting a movement that's coming for us too eventually.  Maybe we are considered a "good" minority but all those people are morons for thinking because they hopped on the bandwagon they are immune to it.

+ East Asians, especially Vietnamese Americans

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This is the most hyperbolic shit by the media and pundits right now 

Many of them are pushing the “it doesn’t matter who Dems have on top of the ticket” narrative. All I know is Biden has been trailing in the polls since January. The rest of it, the polling, the opinions of the pundits is a part of it. But if Biden doesn’t step aside the continuing attacks on him by his own party are become a self fulfilling prophesy. They are saying it doesn’t matter what candidate Dems put in while simultaneously destroying the only candidate. Doom Loop is right. One they are creating.

4 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Trump's disastrous performance last night I think SHOULD have sealed the deal that Biden ain't dropping out. He can beat that.

Yes he CAN beat that. BUT he can also lose especially if he keeps getting more frail, tripping up with interviews etc… A Harris/Shaprio or Harris/Pete ticket should destroy that. But nothings a sure bet so your gambling either way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Vegas64 said:

Trump's disastrous performance last night I think SHOULD have sealed the deal that Biden ain't dropping out. He can beat that.

I'm not persuaded, and I think there's still a chance that in November Crazy beats Old. 

Last night was the continuation of what we've heard from Trump since 2016, which has just become background noise.  On the other hand, while we all knew Biden was old in 2020, his mental capacity and fitness for the next four years was put under a fresh spotlight in June, and I don't think it's going to fade.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

Yes he CAN beat that. BUT he can also lose especially if he keeps getting more frail, tripping up with interviews etc… A Harris/Shaprio or Harris/Pete ticket should destroy that. But nothings a sure bet so your gambling either way. 

Biden still has a lot of bullets in the gun before election that can give him tailwind: There WILL be a rate cut, which he can tout for fighting against inflation, the stock market will continue to do numbers, so he can keep talking about the best economy while inflation drops, the USA will dominate in the Olympics which always boosts patriotism and morale that Biden can ride, and the general incumbancy strength will be a buttress-- don't change horses in midstream.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Latinos are on the forefront of this, but fuck my fellow Indian shitheads like Nikki Haley and Vivek Ramaswamy and Raj Patel and Usha Vance and countless others in prominent Republican circles for supporting a movement that's coming for us too eventually.  Maybe we are considered a "good" minority but all those people are morons for thinking because they hopped on the bandwagon they are immune to it.

Those fucking guys.

Latinos of all stripes really think they  are immune from the “mass deportation” signs at the RNC

You’re not the good ones. You brown, you deported 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

Disagree wholeheartedly.  That dude is beatable, gotta put your best foot forward now. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Donald Trump has been at his ceiling for the past 10 months. He. Isn’t. Gaining. Support. 

No.  But, he CAN gain turnout (higher enthusiasm among his supporters means they'll actually go out and vote - 1-2% is a difference-maker), and the Dems CAN lose support/lost turnout from waffling independents (again, 1-2% is a difference-maker there as well).

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Latinos of all stripes really think they  are immune from the “mass deportation” signs at the RNC

You’re not the good ones. You brown, you deported 

So much this.  Much dumb.  Wow.

"Operation Wetback."  Deported not just immigrants, but tens of thousands of brown US citizens.  And that's not just a historical callback - members of the Trump team have expressly said that they want to follow the Operation Wetback model, using its exact name.

Latinos: they want to deport you.  All of you.  Whether you are a citizen or not.  You gotta get it through your fucking skull that these people are not just "not your friends," they are your enemy.  They want to hurt you.  The idea of hurting you makes them happy, and brings them joy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I’m posting this to highlight the absurd standards Democrats have to put up with. Biden’s accomplishments and economy, and Donald Trump being unfit aren’t good enough? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4
  • Drool 1

Just now, Zonahorn said:

I’m posting this to highlight the absurd standards Democrats have to put up with. Biden’s accomplishments and economy, and Donald Trump being unfit aren’t good enough? 

So Dems can’t run on Biden’s record or Trump’s flaws and MAGA’s agenda. Got it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No.  But, he CAN gain turnout (higher enthusiasm among his supporters means they'll actually go out and vote - 1-2% is a difference-maker), and the Dems CAN lose support/lost turnout from waffling independents (again, 1-2% is a difference-maker there as well).

There is zero chance Donald Trump gains more turnout than the 75 million votes he got in 2020. 

12 minutes ago, Vegas64 said:

The media will hound the Biden team about age. 
He can’t escape it.

Trump has never really ever had electoral consequences for what he says anyway.

If Biden stays in the race won’t be about beating Trump as much as it’ll be a Biden referendum and I can’t see him winning that.

The age and debate performance has him on his back leg, he’s defensive all the time, he’s not giving us a symbol or vision outside of ‘it won’t be the hellscape of MAGA land’, and Trumps lies are such a drumbeat that I can see people on the fence being convinced. Fear works.

1 minute ago, Zonahorn said:

There is zero chance Donald Trump gains more turnout than the 75 million votes he got in 2020. 

He just needs to amp up the racism, misogyny, and hatred.  You and I both know that he is capable of doing so.  I believe in him.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He just needs to amp up the racism, misogyny, and hatred.  You and I both know that he is capable of doing so.  I believe in him.

But the media told us he’s changed and is preaching unity and moderating! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I would bet Donald Trump gets less than 70 million votes. I would bet he gets closer to the number of votes he got in 2016

The media will hound the Biden team about age. 
He can’t escape it.
Trump has never really ever had electoral consequences for what he says anyway.
If Biden stays in the race won’t be about beating Trump as much as it’ll be a Biden referendum and I can’t see him winning that.
The age and debate performance has him on his back leg, he’s defensive all the time, he’s not giving us a symbol or vision outside of ‘it won’t be the hellscape of MAGA land’, and Trumps lies are such a drumbeat that I can see people on the fence being convinced. Fear works.

He has a vision - but it’s BORING and boring doesn’t sell. It keeps the country and global economy going, but it’s not sexy and does not get the attention as well as “fight, fight , fight.”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

His total doesn't matter. The EC can easily fall in his favor. Nothing is going to change with voters in red states. They are all 100% going in his column. And the few that will decide this election are all razor thin either way. The dems need energy and excitement and Biden just isn't going to give that. His record doesn't matter. It's what the voters feel on election day, or more accurately, who does or doesn't stay home. 

Joe Biden is the nominee and staying in the race. Can we focus on Trump?

image.png

See, you're gonna get the worst of all worlds.

By this point, the Dems have done so much self-harm to their elected (that's right, the primary voters voted for him) candidate that he's so damaged that the prophecy is self-fulfilling: now, the only smart move is for him to drop out.

BUT....he isn't going to drop out.  So, against Donald Trump, we're going to run a candidate that we ourselves have completely undermined and destroyed.  Well-done, opposition party, well done.  Was the "shoot your own dick CLEAN OFF" package not available?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

His total doesn't matter. The EC can easily fall in his favor. Nothing is going to change with voters in red states. They are all 100% going in his column. And the few that will decide this election are all razor thin either way. The dems need energy and excitement and Biden just isn't going to give that. His record doesn't matter. It's what the voters feel on election day, or more accurately, who does or doesn't stay home. 

Donald Trump will be on the ballot. I expect Democrats to turn out

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Zonahorn said:

Donald Trump will be on the ballot. I expect Democrats to turn out

I love your optimism, and I hope you're right. But historically voters don't turn out to vote against someone, they turn out to vote for someone they're excited to vote for. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Mo Horn said:

I love your optimism, and I hope you're right. But historically voters don't turn out to vote against someone, they turn out to vote for someone they're excited to vote for. 

Uh, 2016 and 2020 called. A lot of people turned out to vote against HRC and then Trump

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Polarization isn’t some empty buzzword, it is currently political law. Which means that Democrats are going to turn out against Donald Trump. Blue no matter who isn’t just a slogan.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

By this point, the Dems have done so much self-harm to their elected (that's right, the primary voters voted for him) candidate that he's so damaged that the prophecy is self-fulfilling: now, the only smart move is for him to drop out.

BUT....he isn't going to drop out.  So, against Donald Trump, we're going to run a candidate that we ourselves have completely undermined and destroyed.  Well-done, opposition party, well done.  Was the "shoot your own dick CLEAN OFF" package not available?

I can’t recall seeing anything like this in my lifetime. It’s maddening. Who the fuck is in charge (I don’t mean the Presidency)? Who is behind this shit? If Trump is the greatest threat since Hitler then why are they sabotaging Biden DAILY and making it even less likely that a replacement candidate could do a damn thing to fix it? I don’t understand. I have ideas but those don’t make any GD sense to me. The strategy is hey let’s fuck ourselves? Why? 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Uh, 2016 and 2020 called. A lot of people turned out to vote against HRC and then Trump

Like I said, I hope y'all are right. I just have zero faith in the American electorate. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I think Biden will and should drop out but I still see a decent chance for Biden to win. I think he takes PA, MI and AZ. They will be close and I wouldn't bet on any of them but each of these states have shown a tendency to vote blue statewide. 

If my math is right and the Dems take PA, MI and AZ, they can afford to lose GA, NV and Omaha.

long way until November 

To be fair - one or both could die before November. A bad case of COVID could easily take Trump out. These guys are OLD. 4 months is a loooong time and a ton of stress.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicole44 said:

I can’t recall seeing anything like this in my lifetime. It’s maddening. Who the fuck is in charge (I don’t mean the Presidency)? Who is behind this shit? If Trump is the greatest threat since Hitler then why are they sabotaging Biden DAILY and making it even less likely that a replacement candidate could do a damn thing to fix it? I don’t understand. I have ideas but those don’t make any GD sense to me. The strategy is hey let’s fuck ourselves? Why? 

Because....and this is very, very important....the Democratic party is stupid and has the strategic thinking of a lobotomized prairie dog.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Joe Biden staying in the race and believing he’s the only person that can beat Trump is Trumpian in and of itself and confirmation that MAGA is correct that he has mental decline to not understand his limitations and how seriously flawed he is as a candidate.

What a weird pretzel we’ve got ourselves into.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Biden will and should drop out but I still see a decent chance for Biden to win. I think he takes PA, MI and AZ. They will be close and I wouldn't bet on any of them but each of these states have shown a tendency to vote blue statewide. 

If my math is right and the Dems take PA, MI and AZ, they can afford to lose GA, NV and Omaha.

I also fail to see why they're going to lose NV and Omaha.  Omaha went pretty convincingly for Biden.  NV is impossible to poll - even Trump couldn't win it in 2016. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, YChang said:

Maybe a few hundred years from now historians and other social scientists can explain why the fuck this is. 

Biden bores the news media and depresses their readership and viewership, so they want a second Trump term.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Like I said, I hope y'all are right. I just have zero faith in the American electorate. 

Don’t fret and endlessly doom. If you’re that worried, get involved.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think Biden is on track to win every swing state, including North Carolina, and possibly flip Florida. Been hearing from people on the ground the Florida Democratic party has its shit together and that Florida is winnable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I also fail to see why they're going to lose NV and Omaha.  Omaha went pretty convincingly for Biden.  NV is impossible to poll - even Trump couldn't win it in 2016. 

Don't disagree. To me the only state that is most likely to flip back red is GA. Perhaps I'm stuck on history and stereotypes but it's tough to think GA votes blue again. 

And to show my math:

• AZ - Kari Lake running for Senate is a huge liability for Trump
  • MI - Whitmer is popular, and the MI GOP is still reeling. (edit-misspelled her name)
  • PA - Strong Dem senators and governor.
Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Because....and this is very, very important....the Democratic party is stupid and has the strategic thinking of a lobotomized prairie dog.

So we have entered the Spaceballs phase of the election cycle…got it. Earlier it appeared the Dems were headed for Rogue One type of campaigning (suicide mission.) 

IMG_1564.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I think Biden is on track to win every swing state, including North Carolina, and possibly flip Florida. Been hearing from people on the ground the Florida Democratic party has its shit together and that Florida is winnable.

So, I have two questions for you:

1) Where did you get so much crack?

And

2) Why did you smoke it all at once?

• Haha 6

Just now, Zonahorn said:

Can you hook me up with your weed guy? Because this must come from some truly good shit. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Biden bores the profit based media and depresses their readership and viewership, so they want a second Trump term.

fify

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Don't disagree. To me the only state that is most likely to flip back red is GA. Perhaps I'm stuck on history and stereotypes but it's tough to think GA votes blue again. 

Black women need to save us again!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

I read this as " young people are going to vote this time, really."

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, I have two questions for you:

1) Where did you get so much crack?

And

2) Why did you smoke it all at once?

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Can you hook me up with your weed guy? Because this must come from some truly good shit. 

Again, just what I’ve heard from the camps working in Florida. I’ll believe it when I see it, but it isn’t impossible.