2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

14 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

People just need to realize that voting for a soon dead Biden is basically voting for Kamala. Push that narrative Dems. Yea.

That would've made sense as the original pitch for Biden running for a second term. We're way past that being able to work. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

That would've made sense as the original pitch for Biden running for a second term. We're way past that being able to work. 

I mean pretty much all of us (unless some are lying) are voting for Dem Candidate. Whether it’s Biden or Kamala (best choice as I have stated numerous times) or mini-primary winner. The issue with VOTERS outside of the CR is telling them “hey if Biden dies it doesn’t matter bc you get Kamala. You aren’t necessarily voting for the top of the ticket.” It’s not a sell that can work. Especially with his own party continuing to go to work on him with lead pipes. 

this isn’t encouraging at all. But people need to vote regardless. And do what they can be it volunteer or donate. But most especially vote. 

the message may suck if he doesn’t step aside but we have the message to vote. 

IMG_1597.jpeg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Zonahorn, it appears you support Biden remaining the candidate because he is a decent favorite to win the election based on conversations you've had with people in the know as well as consideration for his administrations record and the fact that he won the primary.

My question for you is do you and the people you know think Harris makes a worse candidate?  What does eroded support for Harris in comparison to Biden look like?  Less white voters in the critical swing states?  Less overall turnout?  Or is it concerns about the courts and the SC weighing in on whether Harris legitimately wins an election?

I'm still not so sure who makes the better candidate between the two and as I am in the "just fucking win" camp I'm genuinely curious.  My gut still tells me it's Biden but my read of the tea leaves says it's going to be Harris.

Joe Biden has already persuaded older white voters to support him, Kamala has not. For a Democrat, convincing older, and moderate white voters to support them is always the hardest part. We just need to get Democrats to stop panicking and vote for the Democratic president.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

True or false:  the best thing Biden could do to for a Democrat to win the presidency in 2024 is die.  

I refuse to answer that, but the longer this drags out, the uglier it keeps getting for him. All of the goodwill for what he’s accomplished is disappearing like a fart in the wind. For what? Wtf are the people closest to him thinking? That vid of him leaving Las Vegas reminds me of my dad still trying to get around shortly before he wasn’t able to walk unassisted and eventually lost him. Maybe it’s Covid symptoms though, dunno. Sad and very concerning.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Based on what 

Based on them being wrong constantly. In addition, the media outlets pushing them got bought by MAGA dickheads, or Trump campaign affiliates making their own polling firms. The. Polls. Are. Wrong

Just now, Zonahorn said:

Based on them being wrong constantly. In addition, the media outlets pushing them got bought by MAGA dickheads, or Trump campaign affiliates making their own polling firms. The. Polls. Are. Wrong

Trump outperformed polling in 2016 and 2020. So if the polls are wrong, he's probably winning by more than we think. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trump outperformed polling in 2016 and 2020. So if the polls are wrong, he's probably winning by more than we think. 

Nah, they’re underestimating Biden. He has consistent support and persuasion among the most reliable voting blocks 

“I’d vote for a corpse over Trump”

-people on this thread

”I’d vote for anyone with a pulse against Trump”

-undecided voter

“Let’s run the guy without a pulse”

-people on this thread and Hunter Biden

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Fighting for this man to stay in the race is elder abuse. 

Malarkey! This is a media and donor driven hit job! 

Am I doing this right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I had no idea Nancy Pelosi was 3 years older than Biden. He really looks like he is going to drop dead any second and it’s hard to watch. Deflecting the argument towards Trump ruining democracy or the lack of a consensus alternative candidate still doesn’t make me feel any different about wanting Biden to drop out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Underdog said:

LMFAO at Rhonda's lip licking and slurp noises. 

The fact that Q actively believes there are evil lizard people trying to take over the world, yet they don't have Ronny as their #1 suspect is... just wow.

• Hook 'Em 3

What if the polling firms have been compromised?  I seemed to have read that in the last 4 years GQP affiliated entities have become more interested in polling and have started them and/or acquired interest in them.

I can see how a lot of their legal strategies and arguments in the court of public opinion could be buttressed by polls showing consistently inflated Trump support by implementing flawed methodology by design.  Then when Biden wins they say the election was rigged, pointing to all the polling as evidence.

I think the polls are wrong too, as we know both Trump and 3rd party candidates have a hard ceiling and the 3 way polls consistently exceed that hard cap looking at aggregate Trump + RFK totals.

1 minute ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

What if the polling firms have been compromised?  I seemed to have read that in the last 4 years GQP affiliated entities have become more interested in polling and have started them and/or acquired interest in them.

I can see how a lot of their legal strategies and arguments in the court of public opinion could be buttressed by polls showing consistently inflated Trump support by implementing flawed methodology by design.  Then when Biden wins they say the election was rigged, pointing to all the polling as evidence.

I think the polls are wrong too, as we know both Trump and 3rd party candidates have a hard ceiling and the 3 way polls consistently exceed that hard cap looking at aggregate Trump + RFK totals.

both parties have their own polling and go by that info 

21 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

both parties have their own polling and go by that info 

Let me rephrase to GQP control of firms that release results publicly.  Because I think a lot of Democratic heartburn (and GQP arrogance) is driven by this polling that shows Biden is running well behind 2020.  I don't think so many Dems would be calling for Biden to bow out if the polls were at 2020 actual levels today, even with all the signs of age.

I think that's more the accurate picture today than the public polls paint.

Edited by Old Freak Nasty

6 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Let me rephrase to GQP control of firms that release results publicly.  Because I think a lot of Democratic heartburn (and GQP arrogance) is driven by this polling that shows Biden is running well behind 2020.  I don't think so many Dems would be calling for Biden to bow out if the polls were at 2020 actuals levels today, even with all the signs of age.

I think that's more the actual picture today than the public polls paint.

Polls showing stuff like this in battleground states is what has Dems freaking out.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

It’s true

4 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Yes, what I'm saying is to think critically about the polls.  That much movement is because of the debate?  Do they not smell funny to anyone else?

No. They make perfect sense. 51mm people watched the debate live. 
You’re whistling past the graveyard.

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, immamac said:

The NATO summit presser was BARELY passable. It was fucking sad. He didn't completely fuck it, but it was embarrassing and showed significant weakness at the global scale. This isn't conspiracy theory nonsense. This is confirmed by the majority of the presser questions being about his mental fitness and not NATO related. It was bad. 

Did you and I watch the same NATO summit presser? Yeah he flubbed a name, he does that, but answered everything else including answering multi part questions 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Did you and I watch the same NATO summit presser? Yeah he flubbed a name, he does that, but answered everything else including answering multi part questions 

I didn't know questions were pass fail, especially the multi-parters! Wow such president. Much brain power.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Remember when we used to make fun of Swam for the “unscewed polls?” 
The trash polls have Trump up in the swing states.

Also the big media polls. 

Also the academic polls.

Also the GOP internals. 
Also the Democratic internals.

BlueMAGA:”you can’t trust the polls!!!”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

I had no idea Nancy Pelosi was 3 years older than Biden. He really looks like he is going to drop dead any second and it’s hard to watch. Deflecting the argument towards Trump ruining democracy or the lack of a consensus alternative candidate still doesn’t make me feel any different about wanting Biden to drop out. 

Your two choices are Biden or Trump

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also the academic polls.

Also the GOP internals. 

No unskewing necessary. Trump is stuck in mid or low 40s. Nationally or swing states. Donald Trump hasn’t gained voters. Why is this hard for you to grasp? 

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also the academic polls.

Also the GOP internals. 

BlueMAGA?

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Also the academic polls.

Also the GOP internals. 

This was true before the debate.