2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

20 minutes ago, linux said:

I want the people praising Biden to just shut the fuck up, he is done he is over he is no more, aside from the last remaining months of his presidency he is is 100% irrelevant, shut the fuck up and move forward.

If the media does a victory lap on his record for a week that would be GREAT for Harris so let’s hold the fucking memorial for Biden now.

• Hook 'Em 5

CNN

Reflected while at home while isolating with COVID and informed campaigned team today before the letter 

Listening to family, leaders, reflecting on next steps and whether to keep running 

Just now, yoladu said:

This. Pretty simple. Messaging:

Roe v Wade = what has happened

Economy/Stock Market = where we are

Project 25 = what will happen

Trump = King/Fascist/Criminal

Focus on the Blue Wall - Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn

Milwaukee, Detroit, Philly 

• Hook 'Em 3

If this was the outcome, I simply don't understand how they've spent the last month or so, damaging everything in sight, and backstabbing each other. I don't get this party. At all

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

If the media does a victory lap on his record for a week that would be GREAT for Harris so let’s hold the fucking memorial for Biden now.

But it would be his record not Kamala, I don't think people realize what they threw away, all because of what could be a hissy fit, the same people saying he is too old could very well say she is too woman and too black. People love excuses to say why they are such a unique snowflake. Is it real or is it bullshit? we are about to find out.

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s about the non base voters

the two bases are set 

dude, the last election was just about keeping Trump out of another term. There are no non-base voters. You are either pro-trump or anti-trump. Now that Biden has come to his senses, I suspect the GQP  is having a bad sunday. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, linux said:

the same people saying he is too old could very well say she is too woman and too black.

OK, I never underestimate the stupidity of the average American, but there is a difference between suggesting someone is too old for a job and someone is either too female or too black for a job.  Come on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, naija said:

If this was the outcome, I simply don't understand how they've spent the last month or so, damaging everything in sight, and backstabbing each other. I don't get this party. At all

Oh, it could have been much, much worse. I'm actually kind of surprised how smoothly this all played out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

dude, the last election was just about keeping Trump out of another term. There are no non-base voters. You are either pro-trump or anti-trump. Now that Biden has come to his senses, I suspect the GQP  is having a bad sunday. 

Not to mention they've spent a lot of effort messaging against Biden . . . and now, poof!  Square one.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

R’s need to get on media today -

- the Dems Know they can’t beat Trump and they’re jumping ship. Biden came after Trump with the full DoJ and Trump is unbeatable !!!!

- is this even legal ?? American dems picked Biden, Biden has to stay on the ballot. The  people have spoken !  Supreme Court needs to step in to save democracy !!!

- Kamala is a Californian super liberal black female !!! I repeat, she’s black !!! Wink wink 

muddy the waters while the Dems are in disarray. misinformation is key here 

That shit will ring hollow, more on that in a minute …

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm loving the pearl-clutching.  I'm on record as saying I don't think Kamala can win.  At this point, I don't think Joe can win.  Kamala is the better (best) choice.  Dems need to get behind her candidacy, tell the Republicans to fuck off with their hysteria about the primaries, first-call put her at the top of the ticket with Shapiro as veep, and then GET OUT ON THE ROAD AND THE AIRWAVES AND HAMMER THE SHIT OUT OF;

-- Roe V Wade

-- Project 2025

-- the economy and the stock market

-- Trump's convictions

-- Trump's ongoing legal issues

Let's.  Fucking.  Go.  Do your job for once.

This succinctly highlights the main difference between Biden and Harris.

Biden is in no shape to deliver the message on any of these issues... Harris (or whoever the candidate will be) can.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Pancho said:

Sellers mentioning McRaven as a good veep. Still think it should be Shapiro 

Mentioned McRaven, Kelly, maybe a businessman like Cuban 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I never underestimate the stupidity of the average American, but there is a difference between suggesting someone is too old for a job and someone is either too female or too black for a job.  Come on.

Ok let me put this into perspective, the democratic party in primaries has only selected one woman in its entire history, the party of women has only voted once for a woman, the vote is hidden we are about to see how they really think.

9 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

- is this even legal ?? American dems picked Biden, Biden has to stay on the ballot. The  people have spoken !  Supreme Court needs to step in to save democracy !!!

I don't get why this would even be a thing.  He declined the nomination.  You can't force someone to be a nominee.  He could have done it the day before the election and the Dems would still put someone else up.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lotta dumbfuck voters gonna vote for Trump because they dont/wont want a woman in the white house as prez

and a lot of people are going to vote for her because they want a woman to finally be prez. Best believe she is going full undertaker on Roe. I am curious to see how this plays out. I can see it being a wash for either depending on how the speeches go as we pedal down the road.

If Trump refuses to debate the new nominee, he looks like a coward. Part of his appeal to dipshits who claim to be undecided is he's a "strong man". A strong man doesn't back down from a challenge. So he looks like a coward if he's afraid to debate the Democratic nominee. And that would cost him. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

counterpoint: he chose  country over self interest and has been one of the greatest presidents of recent history in one of the most difficult times. 

I guess I’m trying to say I want you to shut the fuck up. 

It does not fucking matter it is done, I no longer care and only care about the votes, we can have this fine discussion in a concentration camp if we fail.