2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Texaus said:

Wish the clamoring for anyone in particular would stop and just agree all in on whomever comes out as nominee. 

This is our only hope, I am not kidding the election will now be decided in the next few weeks.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If it's Harris, there cannot be enough debates before election day. She will crush him in every debate. She should demand allowing for interruptions and fact checking and just go to town on him letting him make a fool of himself.

No way trump agrees to debate

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If it's Harris, there cannot be enough debates before election day. She will crush him in every debate. She should demand allowing for interruptions and fact checking and just go to town on him letting him make a fool of himself.

Trump - Biden was the democratically chosen D presidential candidate, and I’ll respect that by not debating the illegal candidate !

no way Trump shows up to another debate

😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Pete needs to be the face of the campaign.

Are you insane.  It's gonna tough enough winning in America with a woman at the top of the ticket and you think putting a gay man front and center is the answer?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yes and when he says no she needs town hall every Thursday night on cnn, msnbc and get on fox if they will let her and just ransack his ass.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

No way trump agrees to debate

That's where I am.  He will couch it as he is mightily offended at the audacity of the Dems for putting someone on the ticket who the voters didn't support.

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

He definitely doesn't want to debate. But he'll be forced to when they lose all momentum and polls start tightening up. 

Trump will want the terms of the Biden debate agreement; otherwise he isn't going to take the chance.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

and a lot of people are going to vote for her because they want a woman to finally be prez. Best believe she is going full undertaker on Roe. I am curious to see how this plays out. I can see it being a wash for either depending on how the speeches go as we pedal down the road.

Women don't vote for women, I mean there is a lean of course, but things like urban rural divide is x10000 more relevant than gender identity politics.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's where I am.  He will couch it as he is mightily offended at the audacity of the Dems for putting someone on the ticket who the voters didn't support.

He'll try that but it won't work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It will be Harris it has to be Harris there is no better time to put a woman at the lead of the ticket than now.

the victory lap for Biden will be so much better than the drumbeat of age.

Harris will fuck trump’s shit up on the trail. Grab Shapiro and secure the blue wall and call it a day.

not sure about governing I’m worried about that - gravely. But it is what it is.

dems and Biden fucked up a lot of this from 3.5 years ago until yesterday, but today a good decision was made based on where it all stands.

let’s fucking go.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He definitely doesn't want to debate. But he'll be forced to when they lose all momentum and polls start tightening up. 

This.  I wouldn’t count on a Kamala verbal take down of anyone.  Now if she can stand there and let Trump be a buffoon without letting off a half dozen bizarre counter-logical cackles she could succeed in a debate.

Now the hard part. Saddle up and say your prayers, we have a nation to save. 

Oh…you adorable thing. The last decade or so has shown us that either there isn’t a god…or he hates us.
*checks user name*
giphy.gif

Perfection. Needed that prediction source to make me feel comfortable.
Let’s. Fucking. Go.

And also…this. I don’t care what the odds are, how shitty it looks. Time to metaphorically raise the black flag and start slitting throats.
IMG_3494.thumb.jpeg.bbc4f7a0cb0d9825729219453b3dcc76.jpeg

Yeah…I’d happily nominate Isbell for something, BUT…that dumb SOB blew his thing with Amanda Shires, so can we really trust his judgment?
Pretty big step up from Austin city council to VP

Oh…so you HAVE been paying. Attention to this timeline.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

This.  I wouldn’t count on a Kamala verbal take down of anyone.  Now if she can stand there and let Trump be a buffoon without letting off a half dozen bizarre counter-logical cackles she could succeed in a debate.

She could just insinuate he's too old and addled for the job.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

In other news, Jonathan Turley opines:

The GOP is now gonna focus on this instead. I think it will backfire to keep attacking him after he bowed out 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 7/16/2024 at 12:10 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

The real path is only with Kamala. And saying "anyone else" feels really disingenuous as you know she is the only option with so little time remaining.

Nominating Kamala means: 

1. The Democratic Party is being proactive, instead of depending on reactive fantasies that Trump will bury himself somehow. A sign to all Americans that the party is truly concerned for the future of this country. Trump and all of his bootlickers don't think the Dem party has the balls to do it. It will rattle hem. 

2. The age issue completely gets flipped. American voters will have their blinders removed and have the chance to see the age issues and mental decline and overall ridiculousness of Trump due to the stark contrast with Kamala. 

3. Reinvigorates party enthusiasm and fundraising. She can seamlessly run on the Biden administration platform.

4. Easier to convince and remind voters of the threats to women's rights when Kamala is the face of the campaign

5. Kamala getting nominated is the only chance to get Trump into another debate, and she has the ability to perform well. If Trump refused to debate her, it will hurt him with some voters. Frankly, I think he'd have to debate her. The optics would be terrible for him otherwise. And as we've all seen, optics REALLY matters to voters.

EDIT: All of the above is also taking into consideration that if Biden dropped out, he would say shit like "This is a decision that I made with my family" blah blah blah. He wasn't forced out, that he realizes this is the best path to victory and best thing for our country. 

The path to instant momentum and reinvigoration wasn't hard to see. Now it's gonna play out. LFG. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

The GOP is now gonna focus on this instead. I think it will backfire to keep attacking him after he bowed out 

Yeah because the funeral memorial has already begun, don’t insult the guy when he’s already died will be the response.

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Who gives a shit what they say. You care way too much what the Rs are going to do 

muddy the waters , control the narrative 

the R’s goal  for this week - every talking head asking if this all legal or not 

doesn’t matter if it is or isn’t, but plant those seeds that this nominee is ‘illegal’ 

They’re trying to win an election with a simpleton on top of their ballot. Distract distract distract. R’s are going to come out swinging, they smell blood in the water