2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

He will be incredibly dangerous and almost unbeatable if he takes on 2 of the largest and most complex cabinet positions and turns them into shit that actually worked. 

Yes, because issues and facts clearly are what matter in today's political environment.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Right, so VP 2024/2028 (man, are we setting up for 8 years of Harris?) and Pete for POTUS after that.

I wish, I actually think she will have a really hard time governing with congress unless we grab the house. I think she may not get a second term but who the fuck knows I don’t. I do think she wins versus Trump though. Then I think one of the governors or Pete, and Pete eventually. 

Just watch as the voting will never really say he is too old to be president, hell watch it hurt us with old people, I just hope the snowflakes were true to their word and they go out to vote dem no matter what,

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

R’s need to get on media today -

- the Dems Know they can’t beat Trump and they’re jumping ship. Biden came after Trump with the full DoJ and Trump is unbeatable !!!!

- is this even legal ?? American dems picked Biden, Biden has to stay on the ballot. The  people have spoken !  Supreme Court needs to step in to save democracy !!!

- Kamala is a Californian super liberal black female !!! I repeat, she’s black !!! Wink wink 

muddy the waters while the Dems are in disarray. misinformation is key here 

what is wrong with you

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, troph said:

I wish, I actually think she will have a really hard time governing with congress unless we grab the house. I think she may not get a second term but who the fuck knows I don’t. I do think she wins versus Trump though. Then I think one of the governors or Pete, and Pete eventually. 

Down ballot numbers have been good for Dems, both GCB and Senate races. Really just was the worry Biden would drag them down the longer he was in the race 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dumb, but ok.  We need her for this election.  Maybe she will be smarter after this one.

You can think of her as you like, but don't act like some of us weren't saying this was the case for the last 3 weeks, even though others wanted to deny it.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Here's the thing. The narrative will officially shift. He can't run on how Biden's is horrible. He can try to use scare tactics about her and I'm sure those will work on the people who were already going to vote for him. But now she can make it about how old he is and how old his ideas are. You can start hammering on Project 2025. 

He will run hard on how she was "in charge of the border" and how big a disaster that is.  Plus, brown.

• Hook 'Em 1

Of course, Republicans are going to flood the zone with bullshit. That's their M.O. They are scared now because they know a candidate who can articulately point out their bullshit is going to cause the house of cards to come tumbling down. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

He will run hard on how she was "in charge of the border" and how big a disaster that is.  Plus, brown.

And she can answer with we have less people coming in now than when you were in office and that mass deportations of people already here living their lives is never the answer to keep us safe. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, mdmost said:

Of course, Republicans are going to flood the zone with bullshit. That's their M.O. They are scared now because they know a candidate who can articulately point out their bullshit is going to cause the house of cards to come tumbling down. 

This. They don’t want to run against a woman 20 years younger than Trump. Their entire argument is basically gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, mdmost said:

And she can answer with we have less people coming in now than when you were in office and that mass deportations of people already here living their lives is never the answer to keep us safe. 

Trump just said yesterday again that they scuttled the border deal on purpose. Just keep replaying that 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

Just now, mdmost said:

and Trump blatantly stopped a bi-partisan border bill. 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CNN people all mentioning Biden is super deliberative. Not too surprising it took so long. Glad he self isolated and got voices out of his ear to make the decision 

It’s why he was so good at being president and I actually think he could still govern he just can’t campaign effectively. 

• Hook 'Em 9

18 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

In other news, Jonathan Turley opines:

he is not incapable of the duties of the presidency, just not capable to run an effective campaign. two very different things.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Down ballot numbers have been good for Dems, both GCB and Senate races. Really just was the worry Biden would drag them down the longer he was in the race 

She’s got to have 2 years of allies in power on the Hill for her to have a shot at a second term. I think the economy may prove to be an ally for her though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

this is the presidential election thread. Both sides hav been planning for this …

And we know what the GOP will do. Try to sue, take the focus off their extremely old candidate in massive cognitive decline with an extreme agenda, etc

Its time to focus on the Dems for now

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s why he was so good at being president and I actually think he could still govern he just can’t campaign effectively. 

Bingo. And also a massive indictment of the American electorate, which votes for style over substance. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, mdmost said:

Yep. She can say "we tried to put forth a bi-partisan border bill and you instructed your people to block it even though they all wanted to vote for it". 

I'm sorry I'm not going to doom and gloom on this. We were heading for ruin with Biden in the race. Now, you have a new ballgame and a puncher's chance of winning if you can create a good enough message to resonate with all the dipshits out there who want to sit it out. Kamala appeals to 2 demographics that we need to win this: African Americans and women. Maybe they don't like her but you watch as she gets attacked by the right what it will do. She can easily say, you know what a black job is in America? Being President. She can say, they like to say I am a DEI candidate. Let me show you my credentials and you put that against Donald Trump's. 

trump is on video gloating about killing the border deal because it didn’t help him

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

2 years too late. No way trump doesn’t cakewalk now.

Phew. Now that you've posted this take I feel better about Democratic prospects than I have this entire election cycle.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

And we know what the GOP will do. Try to sue, take the focus off their extremely old candidate in massive cognitive decline with an extreme agenda, etc

Its time to focus on the Dems for now

there’s a Dem and R thread 

this is to discuss both sides 

Edited by tx 3 putt

27 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Any big money donors who don’t immediately come out in support of Kamala should get drone strikes.

So how easily is the existing war chest, which I understand is in the neighborhood of $300 mill, transferred to a new candidate?

12 minutes ago, troph said:

I think you save Pete for POTUS later. I think he’s going to get the nod eventually and thankfully he’s quite young for politics.

This seems to be the right approach. Run Kamala now, let her lose, deal with two years of Trump and then two years of lame duck Trump when no one will want to work with him, and run someone strong in 2028 who will take advantage of people being sick of Trump again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't even understand why Republicans would want Biden to resign.  Right now he's a lame duck.  If he resigns and Harris takes over, there is a not-tiny chance she'll win the Oval Office in November.  That's a completely different political dynamic.  Plus, she's running as POTUS, not Veep.

Just now, Sbbruin said:

So how easily is the existing war chest, which I understand is in the neighborhood of $300 mill, transferred to a new candidate?

She should inherit it all because her name is on it. Anyone else, they’d have to refund everything and have them re-donate it to them

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If it's Harris, there cannot be enough debates before election day. She will crush him in every debate. She should demand allowing for interruptions and fact checking and just go to town on him letting him make a fool of himself.

That should be the plan no matter who it is. The only person that couldn’t make Trump show his ass was Biden because he just couldn’t keep up with him. No matter who it is they just need to keep hammering Trump on all of his failings. After every rambling response, emphasize how much of a complete verbal diarrhea every answer Trump gives is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

he is not incapable of the duties of the presidency, just not capable to run an effective campaign. two very different things.

Yes, because name recall, spontaneous critical thinking and clear communication are something no leader truly needs basically ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

It can transfer to Harris, since she was already on the ticket.  It could not transfer to an entirely new ticket.

CNN: KH team was whipping behind the scenes with delegates, but at no point were trying to push Joe out 

Obviously Biden isn’t going to address the nation tonight because he’s got to stay up for House of the Dragons

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yep. She can say "we tried to put forth a bi-partisan border bill and you instructed your people to block it even though they all wanted to vote for it". 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even understand why Republicans would want Biden to resign.  Right now he's a lame duck.  If he resigns and Harris takes over, there is a not-tiny chance she'll win the Oval Office in November.  That's a completely different political dynamic.  Plus, she's running as POTUS, not Veep.

Maybe because if Kamala is the President she'll have a real day job which could impact her ability to campaign full time, whereas everyone knows the VP doesn't have many obligations.

• Hook 'Em 3