2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, troph said:

We’ve already had a few major ones. Biden first, now the Clintons, there will be a drumbeat of endorsements. Dems may actually be doing this right.  

Yeah but I’m talking Clyburn, Nancy, Jeffries/Schumer, Barack/Michelle and the big contenders (Gretchen, Newsom, etc)

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

FOX bitching about this 'subverting the will of democratic voters!' 

200 (15).gif

Didn’t the GOP want to cancel the 2024 GOP primary and anoint Trump?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

No, results that are tangible and irrefutably making people's day to day better are pretty good though. 

How has Pete's DOT made your day to dat tangibly better?  Genuinely curious

Just now, mchookem said:

FOX bitching about this 'subverting the will of democratic voters!' 

200 (15).gif

Well sure, I mean they said the same thing about Nikki Haley endorsing dotard and telling her delegates to vote for him. They did, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, heso said:

That should be the plan no matter who it is. The only person that couldn’t make Trump show his ass was Biden because he just couldn’t keep up with him. No matter who it is they just need to keep hammering Trump on all of his failings. After every rambling response, emphasize how much of a complete verbal diarrhea every answer Trump gives is. 

Kamala can ask Trump did he regret the justice department penalizing Trump and his father for discriminating against black tenants in their property. Then she can remind everyone that Trump took out full page ads seeking the death penalty for the central Park five who were actually innocent. Up until now he has never apologized for that. She can ask him in the debate to apologize for trying to gain support to kill those innocent black men - which he has never apologized for yet.

She can ask him will you apologize to those innocent men now and agree that you made a mistake on both things? 

He can’t do it.  he simply doesn’t have the ability to apologize or admit it a mistake.   if this comes out in a debate, this will be the first time Fox and Newsmax viewers ever heard of this.  Kamala can call him out on those things that Biden would be less effective at - for obvious reasons.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bro, that was 20 years ago. Well before social media. You can easily answer any bullshit with your own bullshit now. 

remind me again who owns Twitter and Facebook and how those companies operate wrt political misinformation

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah but I’m talking Clyburn, Nancy, Jeffries/Schumer, Barack/Michelle and the big contenders (Gretchen, Newsom, etc)

We will get them all in an orderly fashion. Each one getting their time for their endorsement to resonate before the next. I bet they come out every few hours over the next few days.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hopefully planned since Kamala’s oddly shitty 2020 primary campaign. 

Her performance as a first time Senator in a primary of 19 people is not indicative of much. 

Just now, Pancho said:

So has Baldwin 

A swing state senator up for re-election this year. That’s big 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There’s no way that Biden pulled the trigger on all this without all the bundlers, donors, and visible party leaders all being on board with the plan. 

• Hook 'Em 8

24 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

So how easily is the existing war chest, which I understand is in the neighborhood of $300 mill, transferred to a new candidate?

The GOP will surely challenge in court, and the GOP appointed chair of the ostensibly independent FEC is already posturing on Twitter:

That said, the consensus is that Harris should be able to assume, and is the only one who could, which is a major advantage for her.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

CNN also mentioned Kaine, Patty Murray came out for Harris 

This was planned. Bigly 

And the folks coming on the news channels are all on message. Jesus this is beautiful.  I’ll be honest I’m shocked. 

• Hook 'Em 1

USDOTAccomplishmentsProgressReport2021–2023 .pdf

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

How has Pete's DOT made your day to dat tangibly better?  Genuinely curious

Pretty pretty good on the consumer safety and protections. 

The airlines stuff has been tangible for me personally, and a lot of people are benefitting from these projects, maybe not Austin because most of the infrastructure here is new or already undergoing construction 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Trump took out full page ads seeking the death penalty for the central Park five who were actually innocent. Up until now he has never apologized for that.

Pretty sure that when he was asked to account for this, he said something like, "Well, what were they doing in the park?"  i.e. they're young black men... they must be guilty of some capital offense.

4 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

remind me again who owns Twitter and Facebook and how those companies operate wrt political misinformation

Zuckerberg only cares about money. He'll gladly take DNC dollars.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The path to instant momentum and reinvigoration wasn't hard to see. Now it's gonna play out. LFG.

Pos rep for a good post five days ago, neg rep for calling scoreboard.  

44 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Endorsements for Harris by dems in congress starting to roll in

And speaking of predictions, I expect rather than a blitz primary, all of the potential contenders will have endorsed Harris in the next 24 hours. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The GOP will surely challenge in court, and the GOP appointed chair of the ostensibly independent FEC is already posturing on Twitter:

That said, the consensus is that Harris should be able to assume, and is the only one who could, which is a major advantage for her.

Challenge what? Primaries are private affairs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hopefully planned since Kamala’s oddly shitty 2020 primary campaign. 

The Democratic primary electorate is not the general election electorate. The party had to coalesce around Joe Biden to stop Bernie Sanders from winning a primary lol

• Hook 'Em 2

Kamala also gets to keep all the money already raised and you'll see the pledges that were going to be removed if Biden stayed in become solid now. The money will be there. The money that's going to Trump might now hedge because him winning is no longer a foregone conclusion. 

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I have no desire to dive into the legal details but if an assignment / consent is required on the big money to the campaign they will go get them. DNC cash is fine, PAC cash is fine. Word was campaign cash is fine too since she’s on the ticket.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

whoops 🙄🙄🙄

AOC needs to lay off social media in these regards since she's not privy to the inside information like she thinks she is. I get that she needs to keep making content but now she gets to go make new content about how much Kamala being the nominee is a good thing. Making content has to be so exhausting. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

whoops 🙄🙄🙄

In fairness to her, that's probably how those conversations did go, until it was obvious Harris had the most support. Then everyone got whipped into shape and fell in line, and it all had to happen before Biden flipped from "I'M STAYING IN THE RACE" mode to today's letter.