2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Please be real. 

It is

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-harris-campaign-donations/2020/08/12/06eb1f0e-dcdb-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

Before he entered politics, President Trump donated $6,000 to Kamala D. Harris’s reelection campaign while she was California attorney general, campaign finance records show.

Trump gave $5,000 to Harris’s campaign in September 2011 and $1,000 in February 2013. His daughter Ivanka Trump gave Harris’s campaign $2,000 in 2014, records show.

Harris, now the running mate of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, was California’s attorney general from 2011 until 2016 — when she was elected to the U.S. Senate. In 2015, the year Trump began his campaign for president, Harris said she gave Trump’s donations to charity.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm loving the irony of Republicans lamenting that this move is 'subverting the will of democratic voters'.  I mean, that never stopped y'all before?

Yeah…we’re still at “Number of Dems who stormed the Capitol to murder the VP to stop the count of actual votes = 0,” so the Repubs can sit down and SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU TREASONOUS BAGS OF SHIT.
Waste of time. Road doesn’t go through Texas 

Yep. Texas is lost. Don’t waste any time contesting it. Let those of us here sow some chaos, just enough to make Trump waste money here. That’s it.
This.  Maybe by 2036 or 2040.

Not even then. We are too stupid. Our goal is to be Mississippi with Tex mex. We’re about there.
If Harris spends ten seconds in Texas between now and November, then it is malpractice. 
Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona, Virginia, North Carolina, Nevada. 
All day. Every day.

Fuck. Yes. Island hopping. Win the territory you need to nuke the fucking enemy. That’s your focus.
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hopefully Hollywood / Big Tech money falls in behind her 

She’s from CA. She has those connections already and you know she has Newsom behind her to leverage his connections 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Think we are about to see misogyny on a scale we’ve never seen in this country

Misogynoir, anti-black racism and misogyny rolled into one. 

Edited by FOXHOUND

5 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-harris-campaign-donations/2020/08/12/06eb1f0e-dcdb-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

Before he entered politics, President Trump donated $6,000 to Kamala D. Harris’s reelection campaign while she was California attorney general, campaign finance records show.

Trump gave $5,000 to Harris’s campaign in September 2011 and $1,000 in February 2013. His daughter Ivanka Trump gave Harris’s campaign $2,000 in 2014, records show.

Harris, now the running mate of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, was California’s attorney general from 2011 until 2016 — when she was elected to the U.S. Senate. In 2015, the year Trump began his campaign for president, Harris said she gave Trump’s donations to charity.

Is she doesn't open up a debate or press conference by holding up this FEC donation report and saying something akin to "...And finally, I'd like to thank Donald Trump.  Without his generous support in 2011 & 2013 when I was running for AG of California, I wouldn't have become Senator, and eventually Vice President.  In the interest of transparency, I have posted my donation records as well on my campaign website, and encourage him to do the same.  But I had to give him a special shout-out for helping me out when I was getting started on higher office.  It's the same people that report his yuge donation numbers so I'm sure there'll be no discrepancies."  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Js1 said:

So the same thing since 2016. Got it 

Yes only this time the Democrats aren't going to not make the mistake of taking the Rust Belt for granted. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Can they sprinkle in some birther bullshit & claim she's not eligible?

Why yes they can. Her parents were both immigrants, right? Oh but don't look now if they use that line...the VP candidate for Trump wife's parents were the same and that's how she got her citizenship, by being born in the United States. Something Project 2025 wants to end. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oh, they're going to do everything they can to block her from being the nominee.  They will suddenly, and ironically, care about the results of an election being sacred.

And they're going to demand that Biden resign the Presidency.  If he's unfit to run, he's unfit to serve, etc.

It's about to get so much messier.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

They're working their ass off on it as we speak.  Trouble for them is she was born in a run-of-the-mill big city hospital at the end of the baby boom which kept just as good of records as any other like it.  Not the fucking Marshall Islands or USVI or on her mom's trip back to India or some shit.  

Mom was born in India.  Dad was born in Jamaica.  Met in academia and moved around, to coastal elite liberal bastions like Urbana-Champaign, IL.  So yes, her mother was an immigrant from across an ocean but she was born on U.S. soil-just like Don, Jr., Ivanka, Eric, and Baron.  

31 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

She needs to hit Hou / DFW / SA / Austin metroplex / EP with the fist of God 

let's see what that poll says in a month. not that texas will flip, but I bet those numbers change

6 minutes ago, mchookem said:

if you haven't donated, do it

where? I gave directly to Biden/Harris before - is that prudent now?

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Not now. Not ever.

Sorry.

man, I kinda get this. and if they get rid of Citizen's United then we can all be relieved of this nonsense. but if ever there were a time to donate, even $5, the time would be now. you're not going to hate yourself for it, I can promise.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Oh, they're going to do everything they can to block her from being the nominee.  They will suddenly, and ironically, care about the results of an election being sacred.

And they're going to demand that Biden resign the Presidency.  If he's unfit to run, he's unfit to serve, etc.

It's about to get so much messier.

Let them flail about in a panic. LBJ did the same thing and served out his term. I guess they can do some quick work and finally try to impeach him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

man, I kinda get this. and if they get rid of Citizen's United then we can all be relieved of this nonsense. but if ever there were a time to donate, even $5, the time would be now. you're not going to hate yourself for it, I can promise.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

They're working their ass off on it as we speak.  Trouble for them is she was born in a run-of-the-mill big city hospital at the end of the baby boom which kept just as good of records as any other like it.  Not the fucking Marshall Islands or USVI or on her mom's trip back to India or some shit.  

Mom was born in India.  Dad was born in Jamaica.  Met in academia and moved around, to coastal elite liberal bastions like Urbana-Champaign, IL.  So yes, her mother was an immigrant from across an ocean but she was born on U.S. soil-just like Don, Jr., Ivanka, Eric, and Baron.  

But not Ivana or Melania, both of whom were born and raised in communist countries. Oh and Donald’s mother didn’t get here until 1930.

• Hook 'Em 2

Good lord, Scott Jennings is such a hack. Fuck you CNN

Collins does nothing but get run over by bullshit and conspiracy theories 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1