2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 hour ago, sidis said:

There’s no way that Biden pulled the trigger on all this without all the bundlers, donors, and visible party leaders all being on board with the plan. 

There‘s no way Biden had time to organize anyone.  If it looks that way it’s just a testament to how popular opinion had organized around his potential withdrawal.  

Just now, LCHorn said:

There‘s no way Biden had time to organize anyone.  If it looks that way it’s just a testament to how popular opinion had organized around his potential withdrawal.  

Well yeah but we don’t know the private convos between Biden and donors, members of Congress, etc. for all we know, they’ve specifically mentioned their support for her if he drops out in an effort to sway him 

16 minutes ago, Constant said:

Can Kamala even golf? What will Trump’s #1 critique be if it’s not about her golf handicap?

We know the answer.

He’s already called her crazy. It’s probably just a matter of time before he calls her “nasty.” 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Biden has been playing out scenarios since the debate. If you don’t understand that you are very naive. He’s been in politics since before 1970

Best job of cat herding I’ve ever seen

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

This is one of the rare instances where geography will be the most important aspect of the selection process.  For decades, we've been led to believe that a ticket is balanced out by state/EC potential for both parties.  When the opposite has been the case for the vast majority of faces.  the offset is usually personality, experience, and policy.  Beshear is youthful, energetic, and a policy/legal wonk.  Much of his platform and positions heavily overlay those of Kamala.  And Kentucky, nor its neighboring states are gong to flip this cycle.  Illinois will stay Blue.  Indiana, Ohio, WV, and Tennessee and MIssouri will stay red.  I guess he shores up Virginia just in case that becomes a question mark since he has family ties there and went to law school there and lived there for a time.  I don't see the value-add here.  

Kelly, Cooper, and Shapiro all add a more different policy overlay to Harris'.  And all three bring states that are much more in need of solidification.  There's a few other darkhorse candidates y'all should not sleep on.  

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

This makes no sense.  Kamala doesn’t know how to give a BJ?

also Kamala needs to give someone a BJ now that she’s nominee for POTUS? 

Please walk me through this one 

Brain has to be broken--then it's hi-larious.  Look at it from the lens of a Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, or sloping forehead types--see, Kamala is a woman and she's running for president so sexualizing her is instantly funny for RW grab 'em by the pussy christian types.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Need Kelly to stay put in AZ.  

The appeal of Cooper is that he's term limited, he's not likely to have 2028 Presidential ambitions, and he all but seals NC for both President and Governor.

Shapiro is a solid option but doesn't have much political experience.  I think the Dems can carry PA with Taylor campaigning for Harris in her home state... she's free from August 21st until the election

Like Cooper, Beshear is term limited, but I get that he's not likely to carry Kentucky for Harris, so I'd put him last.

Even though I know the pitfalls, I'm still not opposed to Whitmer on the ticket.  

Hey Donny, try to grab that by the pussy!

So Shapiro if the dems are nervous about their chances and cooper if they feel emboldened, as they would feel Pennsylvania looks safe.  Or would it be the other way around?

10 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Certainly…don’t misinterpret as me saying Biden orchestrated this handover unilaterally. I’m just saying that the powers that be/leadership/donors/bundlers/biden himself would not have moved forward in this manner without having all the ducks in a row. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Biden has endorsed Harris. Just came across my email.

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

Big if true 

This is was done hours ago?

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

R social media is a bunch of narrow minded twits. Stuff like this should have been media resdy to go ….

I'm sure Rex Kramer and ProngHorn are really angry right now about this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Biden has endorsed Harris. Just came across my email.

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

Big if true 

He endorsed her right after he said he wasn't running several hours ago. 

Just now, sidis said:

Certainly…don’t misinterpret as me saying Biden orchestrated this handover unilaterally. I’m just saying that the powers that be/leadership/donors/bundlers/biden himself would not have moved forward in this manner without having all the ducks in a row. 

Hopefully, but Del Conte doesn't run the DNC.

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Brain has to be broken--then it's hi-larious.  Look at it from the lens of a Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, or sloping forehead types--see, Kamala is a woman and she's running for president so sexualizing her is instantly funny for RW grab 'em by the pussy christian types.  

This isn't it at all.  She has long been accused of trading sex for an assistant DA appointment from Willie Brown.  It's why I alluded to the "whore" slur that's about to be resurrected (in addition to the obvious "black" and "woman" slurs).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Need Kelly to stay put in AZ.  

The appeal of Cooper is that he's term limited, he's not likely to have 2028 Presidential ambitions, and he all but seals NC for both President and Governor.

Shapiro is a solid option but doesn't have much political experience.  I think the Dems can carry PA with Taylor Swift campaigning for Harris in her home state... she's free from August 21st until the election

Like Cooper, Beshear is term limited, but I get that he's not likely to carry Kentucky for Harris, so I'd put him last.

Even though I know the pitfalls, I'm still not opposed to Whitmer on the ticket.  

Hey Donny, try to grab that by the pussy!

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

R social media is a bunch of narrow minded twits. Stuff like this should have been media resdy to go ….

One plus for Shapiro being on the ticket is maybe getting the assholes who keep saying support for Palestinians is equal to being a terrorist sympathizer or an antisemite. I've been called both of those slurs on this board. 

Of course, Harris is also married to a Jewish man. 

Edit: Oh, Rex even called me a pedophile over it.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Lichtman says Dems are still favored under his model with Harris. Guessing she still gets the incumbent bump 

I don't think it's the incumbent bump. I think it's the "thank God we have a politician with energy and charisma that will kick major ass" bump. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

So Shapiro if the dems are nervous about their chances and cooper if they feel emboldened, as they would feel Pennsylvania looks safe.  Or would it be the other way around?

I think if you had an indication that Cooper makes you a prohibitive favorite in NC you do it, because that expands the map. There was no realistic scenario where NC was in play, and certainly not where it was a decisive factor. You can win PA without Shaprio, you cannot win NC without Cooper. Delivering NC also decreases the relative importance of PA in that paths to victory would then exist without the latter (though unlikely, as it is not likely to go MAGA if MI and WI do not).

I am also extremely skeptical Cooper would deliver NC. VP nominees do not typically matter that much.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, gmr548 said:

I think if you had an indication that Cooper makes you a prohibitive favorite in NC you do it, because that expands the map. There was no realistic scenario where NC was in play, and certainly not where it was a decisive factor. You can win PA without Shaprio, you cannot win NC without Cooper. Delivering NC also decreases the relative importance of PA in that paths to victory would then exist without the latter (though unlikely, as it is not likely to go MAGA if MI and WI do not).

I am also extremely skeptical Cooper would deliver NC. VP nominees do not typically matter that much.

Cooper + the very very controversial GOP governor nominee could just push Biden over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

“I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been, ya know?” Put it on the tshirts 

I mean it couldn't be more obvious if you just posted "I am scared." What a sad display. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Cooper + the very very controversial GOP governor nominee could just push Biden over. 

you might want to read the news from a few hours ago, there have been some minor changes with the Biden campaign

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, honolulu horn said:

you might want to read the news from a few hours ago, there have been some minor changes with the Biden campaign

Meant Harris. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Regarding the debate talk;  Donald has laid down a marker:

Such a pussy. I can't wait till he starts whining about how unfair the Radical Left was to Sleepy Joe Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Democrat have been continuously fucking up federal races in NC since Obama won in '08. My bar for thinking they would be decisive favorites there is... Quite high at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1