2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I've been thinking that Trump might actually quit.   Why?  1) He's a coward who can't stand blows to his ego. Losing to a black woman like Kamala Harris is more than he could take. It's best not to risk it.  2) I don't think he really WANTS to be President for any reason other than he wants to protect himself from prosecution. If he can be assured that a) he'll be given pardoned if a Republican wins and b) Republicans stand a better chance of winning with him NOT on the ticket then I could see that he would walk away 3) he's old and tired and probably more than anything wants to go somewhere, play golf, and live out the rest of his days.

• Haha 3

I'm catching up on MSNBC coverage tonight and I just want to say Claire McCaskill is fire.  If she hadn't been representing Missouri when it was transitioning to full MAGA, she may have been on a presidential path herself at some point.  She is a sharp communicator, likable, and has a great wit.  She is completely eviscerating the GQP on the air.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I've been thinking that Trump might actually quit.   Why?  1) He's a coward who can't stand blows to his ego. Losing to a black woman like Kamala Harris is more than he could take. It's best not to risk it.  2) I don't think he really WANTS to be President for any reason other than he wants to protect himself from prosecution. If he can be assured that a) he'll be given pardoned if a Republican wins and b) Republicans stand a better chance of winning with him NOT on the ticket then I could see that he would walk away 3) he's old and tired and probably more than anything wants to go somewhere, play golf, and live out the rest of his days.

Trump is running to keep the SC in his pocket and stay out of prison.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

I agree, team trump looked horrible today. Flat footed, completely unprepared. if he’s paying people, he’s not getting his moneys worth. They were preaching for Biden to stop down, should have had media ready to go vs harris

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

I looked the dude up because I wanted to know his nationality. Fuck me running, that windbag was born in huntsville, AL in 1959 with that name. I cant imagine the number of swirlies that poor bastard took growing up. 

They had to have called him Jackoffsky. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I'm catching up on MSNBC coverage tonight and I just want to say Claire McCaskill is fire.  If she hadn't been representing Missouri when it was transitioning to full MAGA, she may have been on a presidential path herself at some point.  She is a sharp communicator, likable, and has a great wit.  She is completely eviscerating the GQP on the air.

I agree. I really like her. I can’t believe she lost to that dirtbag Hawley. But she’s a great contributor on MSNBC and her How to Win podcast is solid too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If you believe anything from RNC Research, then you are dumber than we all thought. Party is pretty fucking unified.

Video clip is from the exact same msnbc interview of Jasmine Crockett that 3 putt posted.  Did you see that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 8

Saw a Chyron on Scripps that said Joe Manchin isn’t running for office. I also saw that he was a guest on CBS Mornings earlier. The sound was down but he looked positively giddy. He’s coming up as a guest on MSNBC. I probably won’t see that, but a little bit earlier they were talking about him and Claire McCaskill said something about his effort to remain relevant. She also threw in a patronizing “Bless his heart” and a “God bless him.” He sure does seem to be exploiting the transition for as much attention as he can get. 

$74m since the Biden announcement. Should be the most profitable 24 hour period since RBG’s death. 

$67m was just yesterday before midnight 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Black women are mobilized. A lot of you won’t see it because the mobilization will be stealthy. And if you’re worried about Black men, I’ll just say this—if theres one thing a Black man won’t do it’s defy the word of his Black mama. They’ll get on board if mana says so.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Black women are mobilized. A lot of you won’t see it because the mobilization will be stealthy. And if you’re worried about Black men, I’ll just say this—if theres one thing a Black man won’t do it’s defy the word of his Black mama. They’ll get on board if mana says so.

Yeah, this.  There is a misnomer about black turnout.  Women vote.  The men don’t.  The women will make them here.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Fuck Joe Manchin.

Apparently he announced on CBS that he wasn’t running. That was after appearing on CNN and saying he might.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/22/kamala-harris-campaign-biden-drop-out/joe-manchin-run-for-president-00170269

Manchin ends his brief flirtation with presidential bid

Well, that was fast. Sen. Joe Manchin’s (I-W.Va.) brief flirtation with a bid for the Democratic nomination for president ended between two cable news interviews Monday morning.

“I am not running for office,” Manchin told “CBS Mornings” Gayle King. About an hour earlier on CNN “This Morning,” he told host Kasie Hunt “people are pushing in that direction” when asked if he was seeking the nomination.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Normally the GOP is relatively on the same message with their team that goes on tv or with their tweets. Its why their message sounds similar if not identical.

crazy how they were caught flat footed yesterday by being all over the place. The spectrum went all the way from its illegal to its fine but Biden should also resign from office.

I don’t know why they weren’t ready for this scenario as it was being more likely Biden would resign and endorse Harris. 

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lot of truth here ….

While funny, this is a fantastic analysis.

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Apparently he announced on CBS that he wasn’t running. That was after appearing on CNN and saying he might.

https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2024/07/22/kamala-harris-campaign-biden-drop-out/joe-manchin-run-for-president-00170269

Manchin ends his brief flirtation with presidential bid

Well, that was fast. Sen. Joe Manchin’s (I-W.Va.) brief flirtation with a bid for the Democratic nomination for president ended between two cable news interviews Monday morning.

“I am not running for office,” Manchin told “CBS Mornings” Gayle King. About an hour earlier on CNN “This Morning,” he told host Kasie Hunt “people are pushing in that direction” when asked if he was seeking the nomination.

Manchin would have had a shot this weekend if he had had the courage to challenge Biden in the primaries. Instead he decided to walk away from the Dems, and now is making noise of wanting back in the party.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If you believe anything from RNC Research, then you are dumber than we all thought. Party is pretty fucking unified.

Two things I know about @PRONG HORN, he keeps really weird hours and he is dumb enough to believe absolutely any fascist bullshit he finds in his twitter sewer. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

11 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I was wrong too.

Or as Trump would say, "Thhhuuu..."

3.gif

Still one of the more disgusting things I’ve ever seen and I see a lot of disgusting shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Wait a minute .... Hans Von Spakovsky?   

That's got to be a joke, sir... like, uh, 'Sillius Soddus' or... 'Biggus Dickus', sir.

96a98817-e53a-40a7-8d4c-525b5fb5dc99_tex

• Haha 3