2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The "independent thinkers" have no idea what to think and it's awesome.

Yes. Also, these guys have no idea to appeal to women that aren't obligated to like them via relation or marriage. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

YEP. We are effectively running this country with 40% of the population actively trying to break it. It’s remarkable things are going as well as they are, when you think about it. 

actively trying to break it is true for some and its giving them too much credit, the rank and file are doing not much more than pointing and laughing while they hurl 6th grade insults thinking that's logic. then when it's time to actually ask and answer real questions they formulate a response that would get an F on a 6th grade history test.

It's always weird the rare occasions you see Dems actually act in an organized and politically effective manner and it's made exponentially better by the GOP somehow being caught flat footed and initially only having some real loser shit messaging in response. They'll get their shit together though, so the Dems better not all fall apart at the sight of the first polls that don't show a huge bump for Harris.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The bigger issue to me is that you had to go to such a back bencher for this quote that she’s a Texas rep and I’ve never heard of her.

You haven’t heard of Jasmine Crockett? She’s the one that called MTG “bleach blonde, bad built, butch body” which is now the MTG’s thread title.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

If there's going to be talk of a coup taking place within a political party, let's discuss the wholesale ownership of the GQP by Trump, his family, and his malevolent group of minions. The proof lies in the number of former party leaders or prominent high-level former officials who are today vocal never-Trumpers or silent non-supporters.

The list includes W (fmr. GOP President), Romney (fmr. GOP presidential candidate), Pence & Cheney (fmr. GOP Vice Presidents), Paul Ryan (fmr. GOP Speaker of the House), Micheal Steele (fmr. chair of the RNC), and any number of former cabinet officials, senators, and representatives.

How many former Democrats are out there opposing Biden or Harris? Manchin? Sinema? I'm not even sure I'd call them opponents so much as I would obstinate obstacles. As far as public perceptions go, I'd say the party looks pretty fucking united.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Man, it doesn't matter if they're hypocrites. They know they are. They just don't care because they don't deal in reality. They deal in the reality they have made. They can't break from the cult line because then it all falls apart. I'm sure you could easily compare how cult members act towards their religion with how MAGA acts towards Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to TikTok, but it seems like the combo of Project 2025, "Black Jobs", and now Kamala/Coconut Tree/Brat summer have hit the algo like a runaway freight train. Maybe it will be enough to overcome Elmo turning twitter into a de facto arm of Dotard's campaign.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Another note (which I'm partially stealing from southpaw on Bluesky), but it doesn't seem like Biden's immediate endorsement of Harris is what Pelosi, Obama or Schumer wanted.  We know it's not what the donors they're friends with and coordinated the pressure campaign against Biden wanted. Which is yet another indication that they're actually pretty shitty at politics now.  Maybe it wasn't always the case for Pelosi and Schumer, and it was definitely not always the case for Obama, but they're entirely way too disconnected from average Americans and should not continue to have the huge roles they have within the Democratic party. 

• Hook 'Em 9

5 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

The Biden people have always insisted that he wins like 80-90% of the undecideds and I assume that applies to Harris as well.

Also, if she does well with Latina women, they get AZ.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The one think I dislike about Kamala is that she the youngest boomer by being born in Oct ‘64. Only 3 months younger and Gen X would finally have their own President.  Boomers had 4 of the last 5 presidents.

Really? The generational line is so precise and telling about someone that you would judge by that criterion? 

That's so very shallow, my friend. I think age can be a criterion but only insofar as how it physically and mentally impacts a candidate. 

I think we do find common ground in wanting a change of guard which is happening judging by the Dem leader in Congress and emerging younger leaders in both parties. I have often advocated for not voting for white men where possible. 

I'm a boomer. I never think that I will be best understood or represented by someone my age or of my arbitrary generation. I'm older than Harris. To me, she's pretty crisp and vital. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to TikTok, but it seems like the combo of Project 2025, "Black Jobs", and now Kamala/Coconut Tree/Brat summer have hit the algo like a runaway freight train. Maybe it will be enough to overcome Elmo turning twitter into a de facto arm of Dotard's campaign.  

Can you explain that to me like I’m a 50 year old man?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Another note (which I'm partially stealing from southpaw on Bluesky), but it doesn't seem like Biden's immediate endorsement of Harris is what Pelosi, Obama or Schumer wanted.  We know it's not what the donors they're friends with and coordinated the pressure campaign against Biden wanted. Which is yet another indication that they're actually pretty shitty at politics now.  Maybe it wasn't always the case for Pelosi and Schumer, and it was definitely not always the case for Obama, but they're entirely way too disconnected from average Americans and should not continue to have the huge roles they have within the Democratic party. 

The concern with Kamala has always been if white voters would get on board, so far so good.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What's the basis for this?  If it's purely due to delayed public endorsement, there's legitimate strategy involved in having the true power players (besides Biden, he always needed to be first) come out after the debate has generally been settled.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

The concern with Kamala has always been if white voters would get on board, so far so good.

And the progressives. Jayapal and AOC quashed that quickly with endorsements 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think right now in both parties there a lot of folks that are going to have to grapple with the fact that their has been a massive sea change, and what they could do before they can't do now. I think the lost Dems will sort themselves out, while I think the Republicans will melt down into further vile nonsense spouting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Can you explain that to me like I’m a 50 year old man?

I'm 45 years old myself, but the word on the street (Bluesky tbh) is that there is a young black influencer on TikTok that really started pushing out information on Project 2025 and it really got some traction. Young people who weren't already aware of P2025 were mortified and energized when they got more information about it. Then Trump stepped on his own mushroom in the debate with the "Black Jobs" comment and that started to trend on TikTok. And now Kamala's old comments about falling out of the coconut tree has been given the meme treatment and is keeping the yoots fired up.

But again, I don't really know anything about anything and could be talking out of my ass...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm expecting, hoping, for something coordinated from Schumer and Jeffries endorsing her. Tons of congress folks, but so far nothing from the top leadership. 

Feel alike leadership may let Biden speak first. Durbin (#2) endorsed this morning 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

These polls poll a hypothetical.  Now that it's real, I think you're going to see real movement.

Yes I’m expecting a legit “this is real” bump and no longer a hypothetical. If there was also any resemblance of a Dem non-response bias due to being absolute unhappy/uninterested in this race because of Biden, that’s gone 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If there's going to be talk of a coup taking place within a political party, let's discuss the wholesale ownership of the GQP by Trump, his family, and his malevolent group of minions. The proof lies in the number of former party leaders or prominent high-level former officials who are today vocal never-Trumpers or silent non-supporters.

The list includes W (fmr. GOP President), Romney (fmr. GOP presidential candidate), Pence & Cheney (fmr. GOP Vice Presidents), Paul Ryan (fmr. GOP Speaker of the House), Micheal Steele (fmr. chair of the RNC), and any number of former cabinet officials, senators, and representatives.

How many former Democrats are out there opposing Biden or Harris? Manchin? Sinema? I'm not even sure I'd call them opponents so much as I would obstinate obstacles. As far as public perceptions go, I'd say the party looks pretty fucking united.

My wife cited a stat the other day -- haven't like 40 of Trump's former cabinet members come out and said he's not fit to be POTUS?

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

What exactly are you saying? Biden's immediate endorsement of Kamala is what drove yesterday's donations into the stratosphere and has the party energized like it hasn't been a long, long time.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

My wife cited a stat the other day -- haven't like 40 of Trump's former cabinet members come out and said he's not fit to be POTUS?

Yeah, I think someone posted somewhere around here that 40 of Trump's 44 former cabinet members don't support his candidacy.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The Donald still workshopping material

Duh. Everyone knows that it's not about where the bus goes.  It's about where the electric boat goes, and sinks, with its battery, and the sharks, and whatnot.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM, KAMALA!  LET US KNOW WHERE YOU STAND ON ELECTROCUTION AND SHARKS!

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Thisthisthisthisthis.  The Dems need to come out on a multi-front attack.  They have the element of surprise (shocking, but it seems the GQP really wasn't ready to get what they were asking for), and they have a renewed shot of energy.  Go full-on berserker.  Attack Trump and Vance, everywhere, all the time, relentlessly.  Bring the thunder, take no pause, take no breath.  Constant attacking, attack all the way to and through election day.  Don't just win.  BEAT THEM.

zabNDn.gif

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Right wingers are posting and falling for troll posts, desperate to find division within the party. They truly have no idea what do right now. 

Here's the thing....is that an upset liberal, or an upset GQP fan, devastated because all of their Let's Go Brandon gear is now obsolete?

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

As a capper he should then officially recognize Hunter's hog as America's Dong. Have the mint put it on the next $1 coin. 

We're gonna need a bigger coin....

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1