2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Don't forget this shitheel was in on the Russian meddling and money. This Washington Post video is worth watching all the way through because of the clever way the Post caught Ryan in several lies.

https://youtu.be/eFAugsKExNI

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The Donald still workshopping material

"...Just like I rhymed person, woman, man, camera, TV. But my rhyme...people tell me my rhymes are the best..."

43 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

NSIAP

I thought this was an attack. I even looked up Gen Z Brat. I was going to mock it because so much of it is her being playful which is compelling. 

You're right. No more boomers making any decisions.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Can we get Vic Mackey to run a straw poll on Latina women?

21 minutes ago, LTbear said:

If elections were won not by numbers, but by cumulative mass, Vic's delegates would deliver a landslide victory.

Yeah, if Vic's gals just throw their weight behind Kamala, this thing is OVER.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Thisthisthisthisthis.  The Dems need to come out on a multi-front attack.  They have the element of surprise (shocking, but it seems the GQP really wasn't ready to get what they were asking for), and they have a renewed shot of energy.  Go full-on berserker.  Attack Trump and Vance, everywhere, all the time, relentlessly.  Bring the thunder, take no pause, take no breath.  Constant attacking, attack all the way to and through election day.  Don't just win.  BEAT THEM.

It's entirely emblematic of today's GQP philosophy. They simply don't think things through.

Consequences, leopards, and all that.

I have had my finger on the donate button since yesterday but keep hesitating .  I really do not want to have my name on some publicly available list for any political organization for many reasons that are beyond the scope of this post.

-If I donate to a related PAC will I still need to publicly disclose?  If no any suggestions?

- No I can not just donate my time. That is simply what I don’t have  to give.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yes I’m expecting a legit “this is real” bump and no longer a hypothetical. If there was also any resemblance of a Dem non-response bias due to being absolute unhappy/uninterested in this race because of Biden, that’s gone 

The nonresponse bias from people who know not to answer calls from numbers they don't recognize and not to click on what look like scam links in text messages will remain, though. 

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

The nonresponse bias from people who know not to answer calls from numbers they don't recognize and not to click on what look like scam links in text messages will remain, though. 

Well duh 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

I have had my finger on the donate button since yesterday but keep hesitating .  I really do not want to have my name on some publicly available list for any political organization for many reasons that are beyond the scope of this post.

-If I donate to a related PAC will I still need to publicly disclose?  If no any suggestions?

How much do you want to donate.  The campaign can accept a max of $50 cash anonymous contributions.  Go get as many $50s as you like and a roll of stamps. That's a logistical suggestion.  I'm obviously not encouraging you to do anything illegal.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Having to type STOP to a few dozen texts and unsubscribing from some emails is worth doing your part to defeat fascism, I think.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

It's always weird the rare occasions you see Dems actually act in an organized and politically effective manner and it's made exponentially better by the GOP somehow being caught flat footed and initially only having some real loser shit messaging in response. They'll get their shit together though, so the Dems better not all fall apart at the sight of the first polls that don't show a huge bump for Harris.

Credit where credit is due, this was a masterstroke. Now we wait the polls.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, linux said:

Credit where credit is due, this was a masterstroke. Now we wait the polls.

I am seriously shocked who smoothly yesterday went, and am half expecting any moment now for some prominent dem to try and fuck around with this and challenge Kamala and undermine her the way they did Biden (Manchin doesn't count). But it sure looks like a unified front which is obviously a good thing. Kamala was far from my first choice in 2020 but I'm 100% on board, I hope she's effective obliterating dotard on the campaign trail. I think Obama will get going closer to the election as an ace in the hole.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

The list includes W (fmr. GOP President), Romney (fmr. GOP presidential candidate), Pence & Cheney (fmr. GOP Vice Presidents), Paul Ryan (fmr. GOP Speaker of the House), Micheal Steele (fmr. chair of the RNC), and any number of former cabinet officials, senators, and representatives

Any respectable Republican doesn’t actively support him or has outright been critical, some vocally in the case of Romney, Dick and Liz. It is unfathomable what he’s done to the party. I’m hoping for Kamala to win (can’t believe I’m typing this), and praying that her future victory doesn’t come with a civil war between November 5th and January 20th. 

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Any respectable Republican doesn’t actively support him...

Man, a lot of the people that we work with/around on a daily basis are still full-throated Trumpaloos. It's hard to understand tbh. Like I said to you on this board a long time ago, he's not even good for the energy industry and he's terrible for the country. Fucking tax cuts I guess?

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Do the Republicans really want to bring personal conduct into the discussion? 

Republicans can do and say anything they want and democrats have to be perfect.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Republicans can do and say anything they want and democrats have to be perfect.

Jesus has forgiven Trump for any personal indiscretion, not that those indiscretions actually occurred. But he's forgiven nonetheless.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The one think I dislike about Kamala is that she the youngest boomer by being born in Oct ‘64. Only 3 months younger and Gen X would finally have their own President.  Boomers had 4 of the last 5 

Edited by Dbeasy

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

The proof lies in the number of former party leaders or prominent high-level former officials who are today vocal never-Trumpers or silent non-supporters.

The list includes W (fmr. GOP President), Romney (fmr. GOP presidential candidate), Pence & Cheney (fmr. GOP Vice Presidents), Paul Ryan (fmr. GOP Speaker of the House), Micheal Steele (fmr. chair of the RNC), and any number of former cabinet officials, senators, and representatives.

I'm glad they've turned. Michael Steele has been a vocal critic for a long time.

I will point out that most if not all of these GOPs surfed the Hate Wave knowingly. Former GOP voters who have abandoned the anti-republic party were mostly deceived into believing their votes went for actual values. Party functionaries and candidates cannot make that claim.

With the exception of Dick Cheney and Paul Ryan, those on the list have all, at one time or another, done something that I admire and respect. I don't know if any of them have recognized and disowned the hate engine publicly. Although not named, Liz Cheney performed admirably for the country after Jan. 6. Has she addressed the dark side of the GOP? I honestly don't know.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Brisketexan said:

They've lost the plot.  It's all about making libs cry, that's it.  Well, and also, deciding that everything that you don't like about your life, our government, and our social systems broadly, are because of dirty brown people bussing tables, picking strawberries, and hanging sheetrock.  It's insane how supporting Trump doesn't just fail to advance their interests, but actually works against them.  It's all because:

1*L5T7dHtW5vjO5sZLMWkRXw.jpeg

It's madness, but it's also human nature.  I am unhappy and hurt...therefore, I want to make everyone else unhappy and hurt.  And if that means setting off a bomb in a room that I'm in too, I'll fucking do it, because fuck you, libtards!

"Causing the common pain" as opposed to "advancing the common good."  That's the crossroads we're at as a society.  And we are currently at war with each other at that crossroads.  Time will tell which direction we go, but recent history has not been good for us.

Exactly it is pure hatred, put them under a MRI machine and their brain will closely match the hate addicted brain of any man from any random country.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I know people will and have said she ran a terrible primary campaign in 2020, but uh.....so did Joe Biden in 1988 and 2008.  Bush 41 also ran a meh campaign in 1980.  Reagan's do-nothing primary run in 1968.   Sometimes, no matter who you are, it is not your year when you first run.  

She now has the backing of the entire party + all of Joe's campaign team that are veterans of the 2 winnings Obama campaigns + Joe's winning 2020 campaign.  Something she didn't have in a very crowded primary field. 

The last part is the silver lining here.  Her primary campaigns had major staffing and organizational problems.  Here, she just inherits the Biden organization, which is actually pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 2

First event post-announcement - not a campaign event, but handling the NCAA Champions event for Biden.  And Texas Volleyball and Rowing are there! 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The last part is the silver lining here.  Her primary campaigns had major staffing and organizational problems.  Here, she just inherits the Biden organization, which is actually pretty good.

wouldn’t be shocked to Obama and Clinton higher up showing up asap 

• Hook 'Em 1