2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

11 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Below is a list of everything negative J.D. Vance has said about Donald Trump.  If I'm Kamala Harris, I'm having my team work up commercials that say things like "Donald Trump is unfit for office.  But don't take our word for it. Take the word of his running mate, J.D. Vance."   Or Donald Trump is America's Hitler. We didn't say that about him. His running mate did."  

This is seriously some easy, easy shit to use.  

Thanks for posting. I am going to use these. 

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

This is kinda my whole point. Any Republican who bends the knee for Trump gets 0 respect from me. And those Republicans that haven't bent the knee for Trump get 0 respect from today's GQP. They've been cast out of the party like lepers.

There was a very brief moment after 1/6 where it looked like enough Republicans were disgusted by Trump's actions that they were finally going to throw him overboard. But then they saw how much the MAGAts didn't give a fuck about 1/6 and had to recalibrate and kick the gaslighting machine into overdrive. And now 1/6 holds a March-Across-a-Bridge-in-Selma type moment for mainstream Republicans. It's fucking disgusting.

I recognized your point and just took off, I thought, with what you describe. Respectable Republicans are a thing of the past. They are distinct from the deplorable things voting GOP now. The respectable Republicans make their temporary home with the Dems likely in hopes that somebody will represent values and policies for which there is no shame.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, troph said:

if kamala hires me for a mid level gov't position, i'll put in a good word for you. but my only requirement - burrito day has to be on a work from home day, mkay?

Pinche racista. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Georgia Secretary of State’s office COO

In 2020, Trump asked the former GA SOS for 12K votes and was refused. Now Trump is only asking for 1 less person on the ballot. WTF. Why can't these guys give Trump a simple favor. :)

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Yeah, I think someone posted somewhere around here that 40 of Trump's 44 former cabinet members don't support his candidacy.

wow, 40 of 44? that is amazing number - had no idea and i consider myself fairly attuned to politics.

that should be repeated over and over and over. that is something the electorate could understand and digested.

you could tee it up.... - smart people -  smart Republicans -  who have worked as close with Donald Trump as anyone don't support him. They know. They know.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Having to type STOP to a few dozen texts and unsubscribing from some emails is worth doing your part to defeat fascism, I think.

1 hour ago, Podrick's Magic Cock said:

I donated through Actblue and a phone number was not required to open an account or donate.  I used an alias email address that I can delete if the spam gets heavy and I'm too lazy to unsubscribe.  On top of this, I donated over my VPN.  I had to provide my home address so a resourceful person could probably find my phone numbers but whatever.  I'm anti-fascist and my time is limited.  How else am I going to fight the right wing loons?

Its not the phone calls or texts I am concerned about.  I have professional reasons why I am concerned about my name being on a publicly available list linked to any political cause or organization.   I want to donate but I want to do so anonymously.  I thought PACS were governed under different disclosure rules and was hoping someone knew more about this and a possible PACS closely aligned with Biden/Harris.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Constant said:

Leave it to Republicans to diminish her down to race/ethnicity. From where I’m sitting she is a pretty god damn good role model for my two girls. 

Men who don't have daughters or didn't grow up with sisters don't really understand this. I didn't until I had my daughters. It opened my eyes to a lot of things I never knew I didn't know.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Seriously.  Kamala decided to have her career, got married at 49 and became a stepmom to Doug's kids who call her Momala.  That is so opposite of the GOP's dream of your daughter being married at 16 or 17 and popping out 6 kids by the time she's 25.

If you're gonna cleanse our race, close our borders, you gotta have enough poors to do the shitty jobs. Isn't that the end game? 

2 minutes ago, Covri said:

Ok so I went in Twitter and did some research on this “brat” thing and well I have no fucking idea still. Lime green is the color is all I got.

I think the general vibe is to own your imperfections, don't compromise, and party on. I'm nearing old guy territory, though. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Covri said:

Ok so I went in Twitter and did some research on this “brat” thing and well I have no fucking idea still. Lime green is the color is all I got.

same...thinking about the amnesty thread for this one.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm not shocked (or even surprised) at all.  Because the one great motivating issue for Democrats is beating Trump.  Even when you saw people disagreeing on this or other threads about whether Biden should drop out, the question was only ever about who is best positioned to beat Trump.  Nobody was arguing that we should rally around Biden because of some overriding loyalty to Biden; nobody was arguing to ditch Biden out of any animosity toward him.  It was only ever about whether he could beat Trump.

Now that the die is cast, it's very clear that Harris puts us in better position to beat Trump than would any kind of open convention with multiple candidates.  So that's how it's going to go.  And doesn't take any puppet-master to coordinate the Party coming together to support Harris; it's plainly apparent to anybody with the least little bit of political sensibility that that's what needs to happen.

While not the plan, Biden waiting as late as possible made other candidates less likely. It's similar to when a head coach resigns weeks before a season starts. An AD almost has no option but to promote an assistant.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

this should be shown in contrast to when GOPers slammed Obama regarding fake news and McCain had the honor to tell them, to their face, that they were wrong about Obama. Even to the detriment to his own campaign. But Vance is definitely not a McCain.

In relation to McCain, Vance would have:

1. Found a deferment or option to stay out of Vietnam, or
  2. Took the offer to leave the Hanoi prison camp early, and
  3. Told the VC everything he knew and made up crap about other POWs to get preferred treatment
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While not the plan, Biden waiting as late as possible made other candidates less likely. It's similar to when a head coach resigns weeks before a season starts. An AD almost has no option but to promote an assistant.

thank god (or let's continue to hope) KH ain't no RT

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Really? The generational line is so precise and telling about someone that you would judge by that criterion? 

That's so very shallow, my friend. I think age can be a criterion but only insofar as how it physically and mentally impacts a candidate. 

I think we do find common ground in wanting a change of guard which is happening judging by the Dem leader in Congress and emerging younger leaders in both parties. I have often advocated for not voting for white men where possible. 

I'm a boomer. I never think that I will be best understood or represented by someone my age or of my arbitrary generation. I'm older than Harris. To me, she's pretty crisp and vital. 

The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Now that the die is cast, it's very clear that Harris puts us in better position to beat Trump than would any kind of open convention with multiple candidates.  So that's how it's going to go.  And doesn't take any puppet-master to coordinate the Party coming together to support Harris; it's plainly apparent to anybody with the least little bit of political sensibility that that's what needs to happen.

What you have seen happen in the last 24 hours is the momentum that is possible when a political party actually listens to the will of the people.  Even those that aren't typically "their base."

Keep listening, Dems.

• Hook 'Em 4

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to mention that cowards like GWB who refuse to communicate their opinion about Trump but their silence is deafening.

seriously?  There are currently 4 living former Presidents, not counting the 5th who is running to be Pres (and the 6th who is still in the role for another 5 months). 

NONE of them are bad mouthing Trump the way you are asking.  And 2 of those 4 (42 & 44) are pretty fucking influential people whose stated opinions matter to a lot of us.

and the reason for that is, other than the Orange Man, every other former President has taken the policy to keep their mouths shut about their successors because its a job only 44 other people have had (Cleveland twice).  And its common amongst former Presidents to not talk shit about another current or former President.

like it or not, thats probably a good thing long term for the country because in the past when the former President told the world shit was going south, it only convoluted the fucking elections even more... with Teddy Roosevelt being the #1 example

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Fox has their election pro on now saying this is against the rules as he understands them. Not against the law…the rules as he understands them. 

IMG_3634.thumb.jpeg.4416b08a8590c01ebbebcc0b27ab2076.jpeg
It's not even against the rules. It's against the rules as he understands them (did he citethe rules he's talking about?). In other words, as he'd like them to be.

5 minutes ago, tchookem said:
15 hours ago, Da Fino said:
Fox has their election pro on now saying this is against the rules as he understands them. Not against the law…the rules as he understands them. 

IMG_3634.thumb.jpeg.4416b08a8590c01ebbebcc0b27ab2076.jpeg

It's not even against the rules. It's against the rules as he understands them (did he citethe rules he's talking about?). In other words, as he'd like them to be.

Wayland Flowers and Madame - YouTube

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Goofyboy said:

Texas is flipable - based on numbers. Democrats need a 10 - 15% better turn out and republican numbers stay the same and it’s POSSIBLE. I don’t think it’s likely, but maybe we can at least get rid of Cruz.

quantum leap body GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

Texas is flipable - based on numbers. Democrats need a 10 - 15% better turn out and republican numbers stay the same and it’s POSSIBLE. I don’t think it’s likely, but maybe we can at least get rid of Cruz.

You're adorable.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1