2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Satchel said:

90% of black men will vote blue because we understand voting for Trump is tantamount to chickens voting for Colonel Sanders. It’s just not prudent.

No one says it but black voters are the most pragmatic voting block in the country.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

Just saw Tim Burchett interviewed on CNN. He's a special kind of shithead. Called Kamala a DEI hire.

AM radio this morning called her a political and literal whore. JFC. 

• Rage+1 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 minute ago, UT_OB1 said:

AM radio this morning called her a political and literal whore. JFC. 

Really gonna win back those suburban women with that rhetoric.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Colin Allred.  maybe now Allred gets off his ass and does some campaigning. maybe he knew this was coming and was waiting to lay down the gauntlet against Cruz, but i'm not holding my breath.

"I'm not going to sugar coat this Jive Turkey. We're short of our fundraising goal and in a tight race with Ted Cruz. Can you chip in $5 to support Colin's campaign for bipartisan common sense blah blah blah?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 5

1 minute ago, G650 said:

Really gonna win back those suburban women with that rhetoric.

Gen Z women are going to love knowing that the GOP thinks ambition women = whores. Especially the college-aged ones working on actual degrees (not an MRS at Baylor) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

I didn’t think the rhetoric could get much worse. It’s getting worse and we’ll be lucky to live through this. Someone talk me off the brisket ledge I’m out on. 

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

seriously?  There are currently 4 living former Presidents, not counting the 5th who is running to be Pres (and the 6th who is still in the role for another 5 months). 

NONE of them are bad mouthing Trump the way you are asking.  And 2 of those 4 (42 & 44) are pretty fucking influential people whose stated opinions matter to a lot of us.

and the reason for that is, other than the Orange Man, every other former President has taken the policy to keep their mouths shut about their successors because its a job only 44 other people have had (Cleveland twice).  And its common amongst former Presidents to not talk shit about another current or former President.

like it or not, thats probably a good thing long term for the country because in the past when the former President told the world shit was going south, it only convoluted the fucking elections even more... with Teddy Roosevelt being the #1 example

You think Bill Clinton hasn’t had negative things to say about Trump? Think again.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/18/bill-clinton-2020-dnc-speech-398182

Both Clintons, Biden, Harris, Romney, and McCain have been outspoken in their criticism of Trump. Dubya hasn’t said anything. You can excuse it as “decorum.” One might call him a wuss. Dick Cheney has been outspoken; George should probably say something. But he’s kind of a dunce and really wasn’t qualified to be president himself so maybe saying anything would only invite criticism of his own legacy. Plus he’s probably a little bit grateful that Trump makes his disaster of a presidency look better by comparison.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Trumps check to Kamala and Vance's past comments about Trump should be plastered on billboards throughout every swing state and played by commercial nonstop. This simulation is jumping the shark with absurdities.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm in the best politics mood ive been in in a month.  if you're down right now, that ain't good.

Oh, I’m in a good mood vis-a-vis Kamala and the democrats taking this now, just scared shitless how the other side is going to respond.

Edited by Texaus
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i'm in the best politics mood ive been in in a month.  if you're down right now, that ain't good.

Same. I've been in a pretty shitty mood since the debate. The last 24 hours have put all kinds of wind in my sails.

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Texaus said:

Oh, I’m in a good mood vis-vis Kamala and the democrats taking this now, just scared shitless how the other side is going to respond.

They will respond poorly with terrible rhetoric, and most people will see through it and be turned off. Let them talk. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Texaus said:

Oh, I’m in a good mood vis-vis Kamala and the democrats taking this now, just scared shitless how the other side is going to respond.

by tossing out a bunch of racist and sexist bullshit.  just like the last 9 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Texaus said:

I didn’t think the rhetoric could get much worse. It’s getting worse and we’ll be lucky to live through this. Someone talk me off the brisket ledge I’m out on. 

It will come down to whether the military will follow orders from a Democrat president in January 2025. If it gets to that point, that is. Until then everything else is just grandstanding and empty threats and I'm not super worried about an actual civil war. If the schisms in the military are worse than what most would believe, then my family's move to mexico will have to be moved up a couple years.

10 minutes ago, Texaus said:

Republicans have decided that the George Floyd era has run its course, yet they've forgotten that public displays of disrespect to the disenfranchised communities led to such outcry that these DEI positions were deemed necessary by almost every company in existence in order to survive.

Things have changed a lot since the last time a black person ran for president (same goes for women and #metoo), and the escalation of rhetoric will only push many potential voters away.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3

It's like Trump picked the Ohio version of Ron DeSantis for VP.
I told my Ohio cousin that they have their very own Ted Cruz. Both desperately want to have power and attention. Both are smart. Both think they're the smartest person in the room, so he's got it all figured out. Both know they're spewing bullshit. Both know they won't even have to attempt to follow through with half the bullshit.

But most of all, both never figured out that people won't buy your bullshit if they don't like you.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Texaus said:

Oh, I’m in a good mood vis-a-vis Kamala and the democrats taking this now, just scared shitless how the other side is going to respond.

Let em eat shit and bark at the moon. A few crazies will get treated like crazies. The rest will sulk and tell little jokes that one of them will shush if a stranger walks by.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LOL this guy has zero juice.

She is grateful and he is racist - more specifically fascist playing on rascist based fears with lies about brown people - but not because of Mountain Dew. 

that said, he’s tame today compared to his supporters. 

• Hook 'Em 1