2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Been meaning to ask about how this would work. Would she actually certify or would that be cock gobblers responsibility due to the conflict of interest?

Gore certified his loss. Bush 41 certified his win 

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The JD Vance pick looks so much dumber now. 

Yep. I have zero sympathy but the GOP got played when the Dems flipped the script. Trump solely set up his campaign against Sleepy Joe and now they have to figure out how to go after someone who has more energy than Trump and can talk circles around Trump. And now Harris can pick a VP candidate who will trounce Vance in a debate, not that I expect there will be one.

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LMAO. She went to HOWARD UNIVERSITY and looked like she played keys for Prince back in the day. Good luck with that, Erik 

GSx9fKRaIAEu72k?format=jpg&name=medium

Purple Rain phase?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

Hope y’all are ready to go to war and fight back against this every day.

I don't know. Maybe we should stand back and let these hateful white men keep shooting themselves in the dick until they shoot it completely off.

This DEI hire and calling her a whore vileness almost suggests they're worried about the deplorables not showing up. I don't know why they would think that, but the wishy-washy undeep thinking undecideds won't be attracted to this or they'd already be Magas.

My gut feeling is that these drawling yokels are like right-wingers we all know; they're unjustifiably sure that everbody in the room agrees with them. They, as Brisket said, have lost the storyline. 

Should be an interesting week. If they double down on misogyny and racism regarding Harris, I will be absolutely demoralized should it work.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Been meaning to ask about how this would work. Would she actually certify or would that be cock gobblers responsibility due to the conflict of interest?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

LMAO. She went to HOWARD UNIVERSITY and looked like she played keys for Prince back in the day. Good luck with that, Erik 

GSx9fKRaIAEu72k?format=jpg&name=medium

This look was my fucking jam back in the day. 

Whats Up Flirt GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Jesus what a fucking sad sack train wreck that guy is. The ultimate cooler. 

I hate to be a bottle of ketchup in the room with Trump when he was watching this.

He's out here talking about DIET Mountain Dew trying to flash his Appalachian bona fides? Has he ever even had a rotten tooth pulled out of his head!? pfffffft

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So, the Harris people are vetting McRaven? I can only get so erect.

There hasn’t been a list announced. There’s been speculation of the 4, and he’s not on that list of 4. I thought it was Bakari Sellers who brought up McRavens name last night. That’s the only time I’ve seen or heard his name mentioned.

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Media: GET JOE BIDEN OUT OF THIS RACE

Also media: NO NOT LIKE THAT YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

Yep. Maddening.

Afghanistan coverage was another glaring example of the opinion template too many columnists use.

You gotta get out of Afghanistan. It's bloody and pointless. The central government is corrupt and ineffective.

We leave: OMG there are deaths and violence! The government is falling! The Taliban is taking over!

What do you think a retreat from a loss looks like? I don't even want to get into the Trump/Biden responsibility for what happened. These kinds of retreats are awful.

spacer.png

Here's the British retreat from Afghanistan.

image.png.ed3aa19b3847a7d42a8c83ea54ff7283.png

There is such grad-student, pearl clutching naivete about how badly these things can go. The rare part is actually getting lucky and exiting smoothly. The soldiers of the enemy you've been killing are often bitter about that and don't play nice.

image.png.fc90bc9bb5a6843fac9c7bd5e7ac3325.png

3 hours ago, F250 said:

Purple Rain phase?

My God. That reached right into my memory of those days. Great look. I want to go to a Big Country concert.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

35 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The Atlantic has been beclowning itself since the debate. It's really something to behold.

They have the best rejection notes. Type up some short essay, send it in via snail mail. Within a few weeks you'll get a polite rejection on a fancy piece of paper that looks like an art print. Tack it on the wall and impress drunk women.

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Alison Moyet phase?

Souped up, jacked up, cracked up, stacked up

Louie's got the gear and Charlie's got his back up

Go, no

And don't it make you feel good? 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

McRaven as a possible VP candidate?  On the VP front, the military comparison would be a Marine public affairs corporal vs a 4-star admiral who ran Special Ops. I almost feel sorry for Vance. I'm not taking anything away from Vance but he should feel ashamed if his record was even mentioned in the vicinity of McRaven.

On a side note, I'm late to the game how Vance has had 3 last names in his life. The first and second last names being after his biological and then step father. But then took his mother's maiden name at age 30 when he got married. What's the story there? I could understand that perhaps he didn't want his step dad's name but I can't recall ever hearing of someone changing their name at 30.

5 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

It always sounded like he was introducing himself as Stevinski as though he couldn't let go of a college nickname. He's one of the early emo anchors on NPR. Now, that's just about all they have. 

Edited by RomaVicta

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

McRaven as a possible VP candidate?  On the VP front, the military comparison would be a Marine public affairs corporal vs a 4-star admiral who ran Special Ops. I almost feel sorry for Vance. I'm not taking anything away from Vance but he should feel ashamed if his record was even mentioned in the vicinity of McRaven.

On a side note, I'm late to the game how Vance has had 3 last names in his life. The first and second last names being after his biological and then step father. But then took his mother's maiden name at age 30 when he got married. What's the story there? I could understand that perhaps he didn't want his step dad's name but I can't recall ever hearing of someone changing their name at 30.

I like how he blames immigrants for the fentanyl problem but his mom was stealing pills from her patients.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Came close to doing that myself, for reasons. I got 99 problems with Vance, but that ain't one.

• Hook 'Em 1

So we are 1 day + 2 hours since Biden stepped back and Harris has been the de facto nominee and the best the GOP has come up with is "she's a DEI whore hire" and that the DNC should refund the GOP for all their attacks on Biden?

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is diet mtn dew any good?  Is that just product placement in a campaign?

It’s okay. I’m a Diet Coke guy but if I’m ordering a soda where they only serve Pepsi products then I’ll get a Diet Dew. It’s not good enough to make a habit out of it.