2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

19 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Not to get too far ahead of things, but if Harris beats Trump this year is there any doubt that Trump will be the nominee again in 2028?

Let's go one further: win or lose in 2024, Trump is the nominee in 2028.  Because if you think this SCOTUS won't find a way to work around the 22nd Amendment, you haven't been paying attention to this SCOTUS.  This election, we are trying to decide whether to elect a president, or crown a king.

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Zero.   Don (if he is alive) if not it will be Jr.

Yep.

18 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If he’s alive, he’ll be the nominee.

And all the yeps.

13 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

He has the exact amount of charisma that one would expect from an amorphous blob of underflavored vanilla pudding that he is.  He is good at capturing the attention and imagination of the billionaire class, who sees a smart and malleable little bitch boy to do their bidding.  But to the MAGAsphere and the rest of the public, he has all the spice pizazz of a glass of tepid tapwater.  Good.  Keep at it, you racist care bear motherfucker.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

They were really banking on the populism vs the elites angle. Now its interesting watching them figure out how to sell a black woman as the face of the elite. Gotta tune that dog whistle just right

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Im moving Vance to 40% chance of making it.   There is nothing Trump cares more about than appearance.   If he starts getting dunked on, Trump will force him out.

NYT: Republicans in disarray! Trump forges bold new strategy

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Does Trump really think that analytically, though?

I just assumed Vance's lips felt right on Trump's bloated ass?

To out barnacle MTG is quite a feat.  Surprised Trumps ass didn't crater from her sucking. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Zero.   Don (if he is alive) if not it will be Jr.

They can make him the candidate but he won't win. He'll be 82 and trying to convince people he can be POTUS from age 82 to 85. Good luck with that.

Hopefully, the combination-Taco Bell-and-Pizza Hut will have "solved" this problem for us by then.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We all knew that.

I'm just not sure trying to Hillary her is going to work this time.  She doesn't have 20 years of political and legal baggage, an unlikeable personality, and an arrogant campaign that ignored all of the important swing states and let Trump barnstorm through them in order to thread the needle on election day.

She's not going to ignore the Blue Wall states.  She's basically just going to replicate the Biden 2020 campaign - Milwaukee, Atlanta, Detroit, Philly, Phoenix, Vegas, and maybe throw in North Carolina. 

She is also being handed an enormous political war chest and all the time in the world to campaign as a result of having one of the cushiest jobs in US politics (the VP).

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

They can make him the candidate but he won't win. He'll be 82 and trying to convince people he can be POTUS from age 82 to 85. Good luck with that.

Hopefully, the combination-Taco Bell-and-Pizza Hut will have "solved" this problem for us by then.

Donald Trump is going to live to be 105.  And he will maintain his current "lucidity" (such as it is) for another 10 years.

Because this fucking timeline, man.

This is Trump's party for the next 10-20 years.  There is no party, only Trump.

ad9c2a66-bab0-44ca-aea8-dc1f6eb0f007_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

48 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I like how he blames immigrants for the fentanyl problem but his mom was stealing pills from her patients.

You could even say that white woman stole that immigrants job…

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

• Democratic voters are more likely than Republicans (27% to 24%) to say they’re “much more motivated” to participate in the political process this election season following Biden’s decision, mirroring the gap between Biden’s and Trump’s respective 2020 supporters (26% to 23%).

• Like 1

I love that Vance probably thought he was a piece of misswallowed Big Mac away from POTUS a few days ago. Now he's looking like a dumbass on the campaign trail and is a failed election away from hopefully dashing any hopes of sniffing the oval office in any capacity.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Donald Trump is going to live to be 105.  And he will maintain his current "lucidity" (such as it is) for another 10 years.

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

If you want kids, you can always adopt. There's no shortage of the humans, just caring ones. 

Not for me. Never wanted them. Better when they belong to others

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Always laugh at the memes that are like "friends without kids be like, hey want to go Africa next week?"

Yep. I can do what I want when I want. I highly recommend it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Not gonna let you piss on my parade today, @Brisketexan. It's all sunshine and rainbows!

hi-there.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

42 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

1208/1976 delegates needed. over 60% now

The Dems are overthrowing democracy quite…democratically? 

36 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She's retaining 96% of delegates who have pledged - 1208 Kamala, 56 undecided. 

Iowa living up to its name - 8 pledged to Kamala, 11 undecided.  Idiots out walking around

Everyone knows Iowa has no offense

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Not for me. Never wanted them. Better when they belong to others

god I wish more people would approach it that way. I lot of people who don't want kids have them anyway and they are often horrible parents because they wind up resenting their children. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

A bit unrelated but remember a viral tweet a few years ago that said (roughly) Republicans lose elections because they are weirdos with terrible ideas, but can't seem to find it.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

What Jim Rome said about aggy?

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Haha 6

Radio host Charlamagne tha God said Monday he would “absolutely” endorse Vice President Harris for the White House after previously not endorsing President Biden.

CNN’s Jake Tapper pressed Charlamagne on “The Lead” about whether he would endorse Harris after previously saying that both Biden and former President Trump were “trash.” The radio host noted that he endorsed Harris during the 2020 Democratic primary and that he would “absolutely” support her in the race now.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/4786860-charlamagne-kamala-harris-endorsement/

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The Dems are overthrowing democracy quite…democratically? 

"The Party of Lincoln" is going to be in for one hell of surprise to see how Lincoln came to be the Republican nominee. I'm sure they'll admit their argument is ahistorical and recant any minute now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, Blotto said:

Jr. will be jacking off homeless people on onlyfans to pay for his blow about 2 weeks after daddy strokes out. nobody gives a solitary fuck about that coked up dipshit. 

Yeah.  None of the Trump kids have daddy's magic.  Not even close.  Trump plays the hits.  His kids are the equivalent of "and now, a tune from our new album."  That's when the audience starts looking at their phones/goes to take a leak/gets a fresh beer.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Jr. will be jacking off homeless people on onlyfans to pay for his blow about 2 weeks after daddy strokes out. nobody gives a solitary fuck about that coked up dipshit. 

Ivanka is the one we've got to watch out for. Thin veneer of civility, and married to an evil bastard. I think she's the only one in that freak show that could get through a campaign without doing lines off the speaker dais or accidently shooting his dick off trying to look tough with a gun. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

Who is the base gonna rally behind?   Cruz? Vance? Haley? Ronnie white boots or a Trump?

As noted above, they've lost the storyline.  They have latched onto a psychotic, but somehow charismatic, personality.  Sure, there are things the billionaire class (Harlan Crow) want, but in terms of actual public-facing party messaging....there's nobody who can do what Trump does, and the party desperately needs people as passionate and stupid as Trump supporters to be motivated and vote.  There's nobody out there who can do what he does.  Hate him all you want, but he's a savant who knows how to play that base like a fiddle.  And there's nobody else who even comes close.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

As noted above, they've lost the storyline.  They have latched onto a psychotic, but somehow charismatic, personality.  Sure, there are things the billionaire class (Harlan Crow) want, but in terms of actual public-facing party messaging....there's nobody who can do what Trump does, and the party desperately needs people as passionate and stupid as Trump supporters to be motivated and vote.  There's nobody out there who can do what he does.  Hate him all you want, but he's a savant who knows how to play that base like a fiddle.  And there's nobody else who even comes close.

I think people need to realize that Trump is the glue holding the GOP together because otherwise, it's a mess. The "civil war" within the party is only being held back by Trump. It's purely a cult of his personality.

I didn't want Biden to drop out, but now I'm glad he did because so far the Democrats have handled the aftermath perfectly. Moreover, they have moved to a new generation with Kamala leading the charge. They are moving on, while the GOP is stuck in the mud.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Can't even stay on target

But he just told us that the debate should be on Fox News because ABC isn't fair to him. Now Fox News isn't fair to him.

And he is going to hate JD Vance in a very short time. And he'll hate him even more because Donald Jr picked Vance for him. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Election Day is going to be like the end of fucking Endgame where Trump Thanos thinks he has Kamala beat and then all the factions start portaling in to kick his ass. 

They're going to ramp up disenfranchisement, culling voting polls and closing polling stations.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

54 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If he’s alive, he’ll be the nominee.

As long as he doesn’t win in November, I kinda hope he makes it to 2028 so I can see how they run an 83 year old Trump out there.  And what dr Ronnie Johnson/Jackson writes about his health and 4 year outlook.  

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Harris improves with young voters +8 and increases Dem vote share with black and Latino voters by +8.  Cuts Trump's lead with independents in half

And this was before Biden dropped out. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

They're going to ramp up disenfranchisement, culling voting polls and closing polling stations.  

Oh they'll try. In big cities, it won't matter. We are coming. 

• Hook 'Em 3