2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But he just told us that the debate should be on Fox News because ABC isn't fair to him. Now Fox News isn't fair to him.

And he is going to hate JD Vance in a very short time. And he'll hate him even more because Donald Jr picked Vance for him. 

He should have let Hulk Hogan pick

• Like 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Completely unsubstantiated rumor but I have a friend who is way too involved in Dem party politics and they tell me that they hear Harris is picking Beshears.

Great pick if true

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Election Day is going to be like the end of fucking Endgame where Trump Thanos thinks he has Kamala beat and then all the factions start portaling in to kick his ass. 

I can't tell you how relieved I am to not know what you're talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They're going to ramp up disenfranchisement, culling voting polls and closing polling stations.  

They only have so many places they can do that.  Georgia and North Carolina, really, for swing states. 

Arizona? Nope. Dem SOS
NV? Nope. Dem SOS
Wisconsin? Nope.  Dem Supreme Court - and they actually just ruled to allow expanded use of drop boxes for mail-in ballots
Michigan? Nope. Dem SOS
Pennsylvania? Nope. Dem Government

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Harris mentions it's not just "us vs. Trump" but a tale of 2 visions for the future.  For those who whine about how the Dems won't run for something. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1,315 for Harris out of the 1,976 needed to secure the nomination.

CA and NY delegations are meeting tonight.  CA has 424 and 268 for NY.  Can put her over the top tonight. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, if a black woman from California can end the Donald Trump era, that would be the sweetest fucking ending to that vampire that I could ever possibly imagine. 

Only my darkest self can probably imagine how bad Jan 6 2025 will be if Harris wins.  It's gonna be a bloodbath, and not just at the Capitol.

I'm pumped about Harris in the race. She can run on Biden's 3+ year record, her prosecution record and she doesn't have Biden's age baggage. As much as I understand that not everyone is thriving since 2021, I think the majority of Americans can say they're better off today than they were in Jan 2021 under Trump. They might lie about it, but they're better off today.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

1,315 for Harris out of the 1,976 needed to secure the nomination.

CA and NY delegations are meeting tonight.  CA has 424 and 268 for NY.  Can put her over the top tonight. 

*Will put her over the top tonight.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, if a black woman from California can end the Donald Trump era, that would be the sweetest fucking ending to that vampire that I could ever possibly imagine. 

I have a pretty strong feeling Trump's end will be violent, one way or the other.  I am not advocating that by any means, it's just the path he's chosen.  The people who consider Trump a useful idiot today will find him more useful as a martyr tomorrow if it becomes clear he won't ever be President again.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Well unlike last time, Washington won't be left unguarded on purpose. 

Not on certification day or on inauguration day.  

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm pumped about Harris in the race. She can run on Biden's 3+ year record, her prosecution record and she doesn't have Biden's age baggage. As much as I understand that not everyone is thriving since 2021, I think the majority of Americans can say they're better off today than they were in Jan 2021 under Trump. They might lie about it, but they're better off today.

I think you're going to find the media is about to sing a completely different tune on how the economy is doing and Biden's record actually being pretty damn productive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

The GOP needs to run a Roy Moore creeper clown to turn a red state blue, if only for a brief blessed time.

Texas does.. still stays red.

Creep of the Week: Ted Cruz's Face

• Rage+1 2

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Only my darkest self can probably imagine how bad Jan 6 2025 will be if Harris wins.  It's gonna be a bloodbath, and not just at the Capitol.

Cool.  

This time, be ready.  Be ready everywhere.  

m2-ma-deuce-2400.jpg

They want to come at the Republic, let them meet the Republic doing what it does very, very fucking well.

57 minutes ago, dcbc said:

Note to Harris.  Change your password and enable 2-factor authentication.

Hillary didn’t get hacked. John Podesta did (via his phone). Hillary’s private server was secure.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

One of the coolest things now is that, presuming he’s fully through the grief cycle, Biden can just cook and do his thing the rest of his term.   Govern, push shit through Congress as best he can and speak to the people without downside.  He is going to be an asset.  Then on Jan 20 he can pardon Hunter.  

• Hook 'Em 9

59 minutes ago, hookem2010 said:

I love that Vance probably thought he was a piece of misswallowed Big Mac away from POTUS a few days ago. Now he's looking like a dumbass on the campaign trail and is a failed election away from hopefully dashing any hopes of sniffing the oval office in any capacity.

If Trump loses the election it will probably be the end of Vance’s political career. He had no experience and came out of nowhere to obtain a position solely by sucking up to Trump more than the competition. And it was stiff competition. He joined the senate race late when both of his competitors were already running ads claiming to be more Trumpy than the other.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

If Trump loses the election it will probably be the end of Vance’s political career. He had no experience and came out of nowhere to obtain a position solely by sucking up to Trump more than the competition. And it was stiff competition. He joined the senate race late when both of his competitors were already running ads claiming to be more Trumpy than the other.

Yes, but he swallowed more gallons of jizz than Rod Stewart was rumored to back in the 70s (y'all remember that)?  That has to count for something.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You think Bill Clinton hasn’t had negative things to say about Trump? Think again.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/18/bill-clinton-2020-dnc-speech-398182

Both Clintons, Biden, Harris, Romney, and McCain have been outspoken in their criticism of Trump. Dubya hasn’t said anything. You can excuse it as “decorum.” One might call him a wuss. Dick Cheney has been outspoken; George should probably say something. But he’s kind of a dunce and really wasn’t qualified to be president himself so maybe saying anything would only invite criticism of his own legacy. Plus he’s probably a little bit grateful that Trump makes his disaster of a presidency look better by comparison.

its clear your hatred for 43 has warped your ability to read. I said former Presidents, as a general rule dont publicly talk bad about other former and current Presidents.

I said nothing about presidential candidates, former candidates and former VPs bad mouthing the Orange Man.   You name, 1 former Pres,  3 former failed presidential nominees, a former 'pub VP, the current President and the Current VP.     All of whom are influential... but other than Bill, they arent a former Pres. 

#1, obviously Biden is talking shit about him because up until until 2 fucking days ago, he was the guy he was campaigning against (for the last 6 years).   Same goes for Harris as she was on the campaign against him and now the presumptive nominee. 

#2 Pres Clinton, as far as I can find, last spoke about how much of an idiot Trump was/is during the Dem National Convention in 2020- which you linked to in your post.... WHERE THE FUCK IS ANYTHING SINCE? 

I will absolutely grant you the point that Clinton stood up and called him a threat to democracy.... in 2020.  i.e. 4 years ago.

But other than a few articles mentioning he was helping fundraise for Biden, hes been suspiciously quiet. 

oh yeah, and in the matter currently in discussion so have Obama, Bush, and even Carter... who of all people with ZERO fucks to give, should have absolutely blasted Trump and his stances and policies by now....

The point I made, that is very fucking valid, is the only people who know what the job entails, and know what a pain in the fucking ass a former member of the club can be if they are chirping ......are keeping quiet.  Its because its basically an unwritten rule.  Orange Man is the only one who can still run for President of the 5.

Frankly I feel it would be hyper powerful if all 4 of the rest of them met  in 1 meeting and all 4 of them ageed to tell us how much of a lunatic and danger to the country the Orange Man is. 

But 3 of the 4 havent said shit, and the 4th hasnt said shit in 4 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yea she’s not going to hold back. Only way to win this thing is to air everything out against that walking smegma.

Correct. Say everything about him using facts and his own statements. He has given you everything you would ever need to beat him. You just have to be able to lay it out for people and I firmly believe she can do that in a way Biden could no longer. That's why I was advocating for her the entire time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have no way to gauge how Vance is doing. His audience is the dumbest people to ever live. Seems to me he’s playing the role right, some racism, some sexism, stupidest joke imaginable, a little dei and woke madness, speaks directly to magastan. Not sure what else they want from him?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Kamala wins, there will be no Jan 6.

Small quibble....I hope there IS a Jan 6 II, Insurrection Boogaloo.  Because yeah....this time, we're ready.  Hide the machine gun emplacements.  Wait until the treasonous combatants walk into your interlocking fields of fire.  Then.....finish them.  Send a final, definitive message about how America deals with violent traitors actively attacking the country.  Be done with it.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

i don't think Texas would be flippable with peak Beto running for Senate and Kamala at the head of the ticket.  but it sure as hell isn't flipping with Mr. Boring, i.e. Colin Allred.  maybe now Allred gets off his ass and does some campaigning. maybe he knew this was coming and was waiting to lay down the gauntlet against Cruz, but i'm not holding my breath.

Allred didn't know shit.  He's just lazy.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Hillary didn’t get hacked. John Podesta did (via his phone). Hillary’s private server was secure.

I've blocked the details of it all out.  It was all ridiculously stupid in the grand scheme of things.

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I have no way to gauge how Vance is doing. His audience is the dumbest people to ever live. Seems to me he’s playing the role right, some racism, some sexism, stupidest joke imaginable, a little dei and woke madness, speaks directly to magastan. Not sure what else they want from him?

Expect to see this all over ads soon.

Also,

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Expect to see this all over ads soon.

Again, he’s a republican in 2024, up against a brown woman. He’s saying exactly what gets them hard, including women on the right, and “undecideds” who have always apparently been okay with this rhetoric because it’s been going on for almost a decade and they still can’t decide if it’s bad to be racist/sexist. I think he’d lose support if he didn’t say despicable things about women and minorities. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Ivanka is the one we've got to watch out for. Thin veneer of civility, and married to an evil bastard. I think she's the only one in that freak show that could get through a campaign without doing lines off the speaker dais or accidently shooting his dick off trying to look tough with a gun. 

Have you heard her speak? She has no future in politics and thanks to the billions Jared was paid by the Saudis (for unspecified shady services rendered), she has no need. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, mdmost said:

When she's done with him maybe we can point her at Greg Abbott

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

He’s also said that people with kids should have more votes than people without.

Next you are going to tell me we have a presidential election system that does not represent the will of the people. Crazy talk.