2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

59 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

People would also see her being presidential.

With no back-up VP in place because the House won't confirm shit. We would be one lone gunman away from President Mike Johnson.

Fuck.  That. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

As far as the young voters, they are energized on X and TikTok, what can be done to actually get them to vote?  Do they need help getting registered?  What organizations specifically geared to getting youth to vote exist and are prominent?

Kinda what Beto’s org is all about… registering voters. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Freak Nasty said:

One of the best decisions I've made in my career was about 4 years ago really was working harder to staff my team with more women, and finding ways to support their ability to work around their kids schedules.  Then when my wife got a significantly larger team of her own a couple years ago, she asked me what's one piece of advice I'd tell her.  Without hesitation I responded, "Hire women."

We talked about this last night after the news was breaking and I was tearing up hearing endorsement after endorsement come in for Harris.  That's how I feel about nearly all the women that have spent time in my org.  They readily give you everything they've got if you support them.  Their capacity to work just exceeds lazy ass men because they already do the lions share domestically in addition to having careers.  Of course, there are  shitty female employees too but as a general statement I stand by it. They've always shouldered a heavier burden so they don't shirk when the fire is hot. 

This is women's moment.  To celebrate in November, I'm going to DEI hire the fuck out of my org in 2025.

I'm ready to live in a woman's America.  Not just POTUS, but in every facet of leadership.  It's their time.

Username and all...

But I agree. My best 5 people on my team are not men. 

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

I do wonder if the level of technology used will go up with the Harris campaign. 

'You only have one job? You lazy lima bean'

Edited by G650

7 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

One of the best decisions I've made in my career was about 4 years ago really was working harder to staff my team with more women, and finding ways to support their ability to work around their kids schedules.  Then when my wife got a significantly larger team of her own a couple years ago, she asked me what's one piece of advice I'd tell her.  Without hesitation I responded, "Hire women."

We talked about this last night after the news was breaking and I was tearing up hearing endorsement after endorsement come in for Harris.  That's how I feel about nearly all the women that have spent time in my org.  They readily give you everything they've got if you support them.  Their capacity to work just exceeds lazy ass men because they already do the lions share domestically in addition to having careers.  Of course, there are  shitty female employees too but as a general statement I stand by it. They've always shouldered a heavier burden so they don't shirk when the fire is hot. 

This is women's moment.  To celebrate in November, I'm going to DEI hire the fuck out of my org in 2025.

I'm ready to live in a woman's America.  Not just POTUS, but in every facet of leadership.  It's their time.

As you go younger into young millennials and Gen Z, the women are significantly more impressive than the men.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Only 3 more that matter - 
UAW (Lock)
TWU (Lock, but probably not until september or so)
Teamsters (lean D, could remain neutral but my guess is that they come around so O'Brien can save his job)

oh come on

UAW President will be on MSNBC shortly 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

A psychic medium who claims they can communicate to Dead Trump has a better chance of winning a future election than a family member or any current GOP politician. 

I am that psychic. What you predict is true. And after I win, even though ye all be libtards, neither I nor President Trump will ever let any harm befall you.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The only real knock on Montel is a kind of cheesy tv career.  Oh, wait.

The way old people love Steve Harvey now is how Montel Williams was popular in the 90s. My grandma watched Montel’s talk show daily and she thought he was a nice guy during time when Jerry Springer was the norm.

Grandma isn’t a big Kamala fan but when I told her Kamala dated Montel Grandma was sold on her. I know it sounds ridiculous but it’s true. Montel already has those Medicare commercials so obviously he needs to be used to get Kamala the old lady votes. 

• Haha 3

Been meaning to ask about how this would work. Would she actually certify or would that be cock gobblers responsibility due to the conflict of interest?
If there hasn't been any conflict of interests with Pence (or any other incumbent VP) on the ballot before, then I don't see how they can claim one now.

But then again... MAGA.
  • Hook 'Em 1

There's no conflict of interest because there's no discretion.

I assume GHWB certified himself right?

Yes, he did.

Edited by WBT

16 minutes ago, tchookem said:

If there hasn't been any conflict of interests with Pence (or any other incumbent VP) on the ballot before, then I don't see how they can claim one now.

But then again... MAGA.

Oh that's right, but yea...maga

I've been shit housed on the beach for 6 days so the brain is still soggy.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

There's no conflict of interest because there's no discretion.

I assume GHWB certified himself right?

Yes, he did.

Gore certified his controversial loss, like a man 

• Hook 'Em 5

26 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Oh really?!?

Nobody likes an heir, Jesse.  Hey tell your audience who your grandfather was.  Publisher of "Better Homes & Gardens" and "The Saturday Evening Post."  Two of the Top 10 magazines for decades in terms of sales/circulation.  Back when magazines were a big fucking money-maker.  Your uncle was a prominent New England State Senator for many years.  You've inherited more than 99% of any American.  Maybe tap the brakes on the "She Inherited It" bullshit.  Like your father, her parents were teachers...prominent in their field, but not exactly rolling in dough. 

In fact, her early on statewide campaigns were struggling to make ends meet because she wasn't well connected like you were, she had to go asking the likes of Donald J. Trump for contributions.    

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is comedy gold

OK I didn't even know JD Vance was in politics much less Trump's VP candidate. Biden dropping out and me paying attention again (temporarily) for the first time in probably 4 years (?) is like drinking out of the firehose. #NoVenables

I love the idea of someone summarizing JD Vance's opus, I'm Better Than All The Pieces of Shit I Grew Up With, to Donald Trump.

I remember friends breathlessly recommending that book to me and my main takeaway was that no one liked him growing up and this was all his revenge ploy to show them all how superior he was. And now he's attached himself to Donald Trump hahahaha

And Trump's magic is still Trump's magic. Vance just sucking up Trump's rancid farts like all these other piece of shit opportunists. Awesome.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

The next person to make a favorable comparison to 2016 or Hillary Clinton goes straight to Gitmo

It's a low bar but any D that clears it will beat trump

31 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The Black Men for Harris call has 20,000 on it right now.

They were expecting a few thousand and had a cap of 10,000. 

$600k raised in 45 minutes so far 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/21/2024 at 5:40 PM, troph said:

So I’m confused … her phrase “what can be, unburdened by what has been” is satanic? I mean I kinda think it means a black woman can be POTUS? And that the phrase can be used as inspiration for anyone looking to break through discrimination. Am I wrong? 

Common Clay of the New West

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

It's been done since before it was announced.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAVVgSiZKNTgEjEukEnfG

Rack 'em

Is that loser still doing his schtick?  I’d forgotten about him after getting a car with a CD player and not listening to 1300 anymore.  He’s unbelievably repetitive.

1 minute ago, RDCanecutter said:

I turned on Local Right-Wing Talk Radio long enough to eat a bowl of cereal. The host was deeply concerned about the Democrats' treatment of Biden, and also my (Democrat Primary Voter) rights. I have friends everywhere, friends I don't even know, Republican friends, who care about me.

Their concern touches me, right in the type of spot Trump or Biden would if I was a pretty lady

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

With no back-up VP in place because the House won't confirm shit. We would be one lone gunman away from President Mike Johnson.

Fuck.  That. 

it’s happened before …

7 minutes ago, tx ind said:

Beshear on CNN just now, daaaaamn

”JD Vance has no conviction but his running mate has 34”

Either it’s a dem talking point or he took it from senator raskin who said a version of it yesterday 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1