2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

3 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Fast like maybe there was a plan in place. And that's a good thing.

And they kept that shit locked down and fell in line.

How…Republican…

😎

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Pritzer brings a lot of moderate Democrats and their money into the fray.  Maybe helps a bit with Wisconsin.  But he's got some drawbacks Kamala doesn't need since they'll be pinning the same things on her.  Not a bad 'outside-the-box' idea though.  I don't get the Gov. Walz play, at all.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

As you go younger into young millennials and Gen Z, the women are significantly more impressive than the men.

This is generally dead on balls accurate, and it's a big problem.  Not because young women can't or shouldn't be impressive but a lot of these significantly less impressive young men are ahhhh.....dangerous.  But that's a problem for another thread.  

It's time to see what a woman will do, it's been long enough for such a supposedly freedom loving country to leave a representative of the majority of its citizens out of taking a turn at the helm.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Okie State said:

I love that Vance is getting hammered for the Diet Mt. Dew reference. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I indulge in the occasional Mt. Dew and Funyuns on road trips, but never would I ever consider a fucking Diet Mt. Dew. What a douche.

Mountain Dew Zero is legit though

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

If Gretchen Whitmer was named Gary Whitmer, they wouldn’t be looking at anyone else.

Could we have two women?

I love me some Whitmer but there is no way they put two women on this ticket.   I think it's either Kelly or Shapiro.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I love that Vance is getting hammered for the Diet Mt. Dew reference. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I indulge in the occasional Mt. Dew and Funyuns on road trips, but never would I ever consider a fucking Diet Mt. Dew. What a douche.

Drinking Diet Mountain Dew is about as common as getting a blow job with a dental dam.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I thought that was pretty funny so I checked her X profile out just to see who she is.  If you have 5 minutes, you should watch this in its entirety.  She'll never be a Nazi.  This is inspiring.

Damn. I felt like McConaughey in the background while Les Grossman was going off.

les-grossman-fuck-your-own-face.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

I picked one up by mistake once. It was okay. I still prefer the full corn syrup version if I'm going to be drinking liquid poison.

You young'uns don't know what you were missing with the cane sugar version.

Just now, Francisco 2.0 said:

Agreed. I would buy that when I saw it a while back. Not sure it's still available.

Mt. Dew talk not going away.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Okie State said:

Agreed. I would buy that when I saw it a while back. Not sure it's still available.

Mt. Dew talk not going away.

Well shit.  If it’s gonna be that kind of party, I’m gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Contrary to everything we've been telling you for the last few months, talking about age is cutesy ridiculousness. 

Now we are just going to talk about it even harder 

Let's check in with Russian media to see how they are reacting to the news:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/putins-pals-panic-that-trumps-opponent-is-no-longer-old-sick-guy?ref=home

The news that President Joe Biden would not run for re-election caused a stir not only in America, but also in Russia, where pro-Kremlin propagandists are kicking up a fuss about what it would mean for their beloved Donald Trump. 

Appearing on Monday’s broadcast of a state TV show 60 Minutes, State Duma member Oleg Matveychev complained that Biden’s move is a disaster for Trump’s election chances. “He is left without any trump cards!” Matveychev said. “Previously, he could easily attack Biden’s health, now he has nothing left to attack. More than that, attacking Biden at this point would be seen as inappropriate and rude.”

“Now they’re switching to [Vice President Kamala Harris] and are trying to attack her, but nothing new will stick to her,” Matveychev added. “Bringing up the fact she is not quite white will only activate her electorate.”

Russian state TV’s coverage of Harris—which is a carbon copy of what is playing on Fox News—was largely limited Monday to attempts at mocking her laughter.

Matveychev said that Biden’s departure from the race rendered the previous agenda obsolete. Discussing the age of the U.S. president or an assassination attempt against Trump is now yesterday’s news, he argued.

“Trump had a great trump card with this shot that was fired at him... he just got lucky,” the lawmaker said. “Now he has to come up with something new to change the subject and draw attention to himself—and it’s hard to do, after the stakes were raised this high.”

Matveychev said that if Trump was “a little bit smarter,” he would have toned it down during the debate to make sure Biden stays in the race. Host Evgeny Popov bitterly added, “Now he is the old candidate. The only old candidate!” 

The lawmaker said it’s time to rip off the patch covering up Trump’s scratched ear that many in the U.S. have compared to a maxi pad. He criticized the flashmob of the GOP ear patches as outdated and vulgar and urged the Republicans to come up with something new to face the new reality.

Matveychev also angrily described Harris as “distilled evil.” “In her, you have the devil in its purest form,” he said. “He always appears to be laughing and positive. The devil doesn’t have horns and hooves, he says that everything is ok and flashes a white-toothed grin.”

Moscow’s premier propagandist Vladimir Solovyov separately scrambled to re-record his weekend program, Sunday Evening With Vladimir Solovyov, to keep up with the news.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Only 3 more that matter - 
UAW (Lock)
TWU (Lock, but probably not until september or so)
Teamsters (lean D, could remain neutral but my guess is that they come around so O'Brien can save his job)

oh come on

Any union which endorses Trump, or even issues no endorsement, is just smearing bacon grease all over their face.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

There was no sugar in the mountain dew I have partaken in. Shit was straight white lightning. Hard pass as I have gotten older, but those east Tennessee folks could brew up some shit.