2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Is it my imagination or are there several right leaning posters who’ve stated in the last day that they will vote for Harris over Trump? I thought I saw posts from several. 

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Is it my imagination or are there several right leaning posters who’ve stated in the last day that they will vote for Harris over Trump? I thought I saw posts from several. 

Hint: They’re lying.

Maybe not right leaning posters, but there are a lot of DixonHur’s friends who will be voting for Harris now that we’re sitting out before.
  • Haha 2

AI Overview

Learn more…

Yes, Mountain Dew was originally developed in the 1940s by Tennessee brothers Barney and Ally Hartman as a mixer for whiskey or bourbon. The brothers named the drink "Mountain Dew" to reference its intended use as a chaser for whiskey, and the drink's original name was slang for moonshine. The Hartmans had trouble finding their preferred soda to mix with liquor in Knoxville, so they created their own. To appeal to moonshiners, the brand also adopted an Appalachian feel and featured a mascot named Willy the Hillbilly. When mixed with whiskey, a Mountain Dew highball can taste similar to a whiskey sour with bubbles.

• Hook 'Em 1

Friend back home, "Say, J.D.  Why'd you buy a couch from IKEA?  We could just buy a put-together one in town and put it in my truck.  You know you get all angry putting those damn things together!"

J.D., "Foreplay, Larry.  Foreplay..." 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Another idiot outed himself as a troll 

There’s another screen shot in the comments of an old white guy claiming to be black. These MAGArds need to leave the trolling to the Russian bots.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Okie State said:

I love that Vance is getting hammered for the Diet Mt. Dew reference. I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I indulge in the occasional Mt. Dew and Funyuns on road trips, but never would I ever consider a fucking Diet Mt. Dew. What a douche.

Um why are you embarrassed to have discovered the best road trip snack combo in the universe? I mean the key is that you don't frequently drink Mountain Dew so that when you do drink a 32 ouncer it's basically like 5 energy drinks and you're easily able to stay awake while your kids and your wife who promised "I'll stay awake with you this time" sleep for hours.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Not nearly as electable as Barq's Zero

Well to be fair I’m agnostic provided its root beer, brand name and its diet. 

and if we are talking snack combo it’s peanut butter pretzels with my diet root beer.

Edited by troph

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Um why are you embarrassed to have discovered the best road trip snack combo in the universe? I mean the key is that you don't frequently drink Mountain Dew so that when you do drink a 32 ouncer it's basically like 5 energy drinks and you're easily able to stay awake while your kids and your wife who promised "I'll stay awake with you this time" sleep for hours.

You say that like your Passenger Princess (TM) and kids passing out for 2 hours while you get jacked up on Dew and knock out some serious mileage to Charley Crockett is a bad thing. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RDCanecutter said:

I turned on Local Right-Wing Talk Radio long enough to eat a bowl of cereal. The host was deeply concerned about the Democrats' treatment of Biden, and also my (Democrat Primary Voter) rights. I have friends everywhere, friends I don't even know, Republican friends, who care about me.

Were you eating Grape Nuts or was it some kind of mixture of grits?

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If Gretchen Whitmer was named Gary Whitmer, they wouldn’t be looking at anyone else.

Could we have two women?

spacer.png

But seriously, although I personally would not mind it if the two people most capable were women, I'm not sure the country is ready for that, yet.  One step at a time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

JD Vance Couch cushon.jpg

Looks like my old couch from our duplex back in college but the stains were from bong water. It was nasty but you could always find weed in the couch cushions when you were low on supply.

• Haha 1