2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How’s that a mistake. Hes from a state we won’t win and has less name recognition than basically all the other contenders 

He's shown an ability to get white, working class men to vote for him.

J.D. Vance probably saved many couches from burning next time WVU, Kentucky, or tOSU wins a big game. Only a real psycho burns their fuck buddy, unless they can upgrade to full leather, then fuck them cushions.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How’s that a mistake. Hes from a state we won’t win and has less name recognition than basically all the other contenders 

He's excellent on union issues, which helps you carry the rust belt, and he's good on LGBT+ and women's issues which helps keep the youth vote energized. He also crushes the WASP test and really highlights the weaknesses of JD Vance.

Kelly is awful on immigration and even worse on union issues.

Shapiro is a vocal Israel hawk who punished student demonstrations in his state. That guarantees you lose Michigan and depresses a lot of the anti-genocide voting bloc that wasn't planning to vote for Biden.

Cooper and Pritzker are too old.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Has a VP ever been named and then replaced before an election?

I don't think it can be done once the party has officially nominated them.

Wait wait wait. I take off a few hours from this thread and come back to find that JD Vance is a couch fucker? 

These are great times, my friends. We're like Jolly Green Giants, walking the Earth with votes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Wait wait wait. I take off a few hours from this thread and come back to find that JD Vance is a couch fucker? 
These are great times, my friends. We're like Jolly Green Giants, walking the Earth with votes. 

It’s not true, was made up by some dude on Twitter and went viral.

But I don’t care. Fuck em. Smear em with lies, they’d into all the time. Use their own weapon against them.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But I don’t care. Fuck em. Smear em with lies, they’d into all the time. Use their own weapon against them.

He can't prove he didn't

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Winning a statewide race in Kentucky is the political equivalent of taking a night game at Bryant-Denny

I’d much rather put Pennsylvania in the bag than take a governor from Kentucky.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Right wing twitter spreading rumors that Biden is in hospice and unlikely to survive the night… seems legit.

“The democrats forcing him out of office took away his will to live…… also he was the worst president of all time”- Trump on truth soon

But with more commas

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I’d much rather put Pennsylvania in the bag than take a governor from Kentucky.

Yea, regardless of who is the “better”candidate we’re focused on winning November only. Numbers game right now. VP means fuck all if we don’t win.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Right wing twitter spreading rumors that Biden is in hospice and unlikely to survive the night… seems legit.

How do we reconcile this drama with the fact that Trump actually won the last election and has been the real president all this time?

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Has a VP ever been named and then replaced before an election?

For a first-time VP, none have ever been dropped from a ticket between the convention and general.  A handful served one term, but were dropped before subsequent POTUS terms, at myriad points in the election year.  

On the one hand, Trump does not want to lose face on this choice.  Despite all the goofy shit coming out about Vance and his horribly awkward campaign appearances since Milwaukee.  And he keeps a handful of Sand Hill Road billionaires money flowing in steadily.  

On the other hand, Trump doesn't like the fact that despite having been shot at, he is a Page 3 story right now with Vance.  He wants the limelight back on him.  If anybody would ever pull this on a VP already slotted, it'd be Trump.  

I'd give it a 1/5 chance of happening, which is actually high considering the historic norm.  How much ketchup is strewn about that 757 and Mar-a-Lago right now after they told Trump that Kamala's mother and Vance's in-laws grew up around the same time in Central India.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Shapiro would not lose you Michigan. Thats ridiculous. 

The left wing is shockingly in Harris’s corner right now (especially given how much they hated her 4 years ago) but they aren’t even trying to hide how much they do not want her to pick the Jew as VP. Those comments have been a surprising downer in an otherwise incredible last 48 hours.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

The left wing is shockingly in Harris’s corner right now (especially given how much they hated her 4 years ago) but they aren’t even trying to hide how much they do not want her to pick the Jew as VP. Those comments have been a surprising downer in an otherwise incredible last 48 hours.

Nobody cares that he's jewish (news to me, honestly). But he was almost as bad as Abbott to students, and that track record is a huge liability.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

and? 

pro-Palestinian people are going to go into the booth and punch the ticket for Donald fucking Trump? He’d drive a bulldozer through Palestine if he got the chance. 

It's more about depressing turnout, but that matters so much in the swing states.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Nobody cares that he's jewish (news to me, honestly). But he was almost as bad as Abbott to students, and that track record is a huge liability.

It’s news to you that a guy named Shapiro is Jewish? But we should believe you that he would cost the Dems Michigan?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Were you eating Grape Nuts or was it some kind of mixture of grits?

That's quite the range of choices. But for your viewing pleasure I ate store-brand (Piggly-Wiggly) bran flakes along with a shit-load of golden raisins stirred in. Plus milk, as you no doubt surmised.

I would have gone with bananas, but the store is a 5 minute walk away and I felt lethargic.

47 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He's excellent on union issues, which helps you carry the rust belt, and he's good on LGBT+ and women's issues which helps keep the youth vote energized. He also crushes the WASP test and really highlights the weaknesses of JD Vance.

Kelly is awful on immigration and even worse on union issues.

Shapiro is a vocal Israel hawk who punished student demonstrations in his state. That guarantees you lose Michigan and depresses a lot of the anti-genocide voting bloc that wasn't planning to vote for Biden.

Cooper and Pritzker are too old.

I don't think it can be done once the party has officially nominated them.

You can find reasons to rule out any of the potential candidates.

Shapiro is very popular in Pennsylvania and would guarantee it to be a blue state come Nov.,  and I don't think he would condemn you to losing Michigan, given how strong Whitmer's organizational skills are and how loathed Donald Trump is.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

It’s news to you that a guy named Shapiro is Jewish? But we should believe you that he would cost the Dems Michigan?

I knew Ben Shapiro was Jewish but does that mean all other Shapiros are? All I know is that he made headlines for all the wrong reasons during a time very fraught for Biden's re-election prospects on the most damaging issue for the party.

There are 100,000 MI voters who went out of their way to say they were "uncommitted" and they did it precisely because of the Gaza genocide. If even a tenth of them are to be taken at their word (and I think that percentage is much higher) then yes picking Shapiro as a running mate would be an unforced error.

I think the way Harris surrogates have framed the electoral college on the shows in the last day leads me to believe that she's going to pick Cooper.  There's a lot more talk about "expanding the map" than the blue wall.  I think Beshears is more valuable as governor.

If I were Harris, I'd pick Whitmer.  She's a natural pol, the most talented retail Democrat since Obama.  I don't think a two woman ticket would suffer in THIS election.

No matter who it ends up being, she'll be deliberate with it.  They need to see internal polls to see how many paths to 270 they have and the likelihood of those scenarios.  There's also no reason not to ride out the tsunami of positive media coverage for the next couple weeks.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I haven’t seen this. 

What I have seen is people saying he’s too moderate. I, personally, don’t see that as a problem because the radical republicans will already paint Harris as way too left. It would balance the ticket and hopefully keep Pennsyltucky. And he’s crazy popular there. Even the PSA guys did “undercover” questioning at the RNC and people said they’d be scared of Shapiro because of how he brings in Ds and Rs. 

He’s my pick. But if not Shapiro, I’m okay with Kelly or Cooper. My only concern with Cooper is that it won’t guarantee Nawf Carolina. I think Shapiro guarantees you Penn.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

and? 

pro-Palestinian people are going to go into the booth and punch the ticket for Donald fucking Trump? He’d drive a bulldozer through Palestine if he got the chance. 

Yup. Let's not forget who moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. 

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Yup. Let's not forget who moved the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem and recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. 

Why even risk the double haters staying home?

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I dont  see what the big deal is. Senator Ladybug's loveseat has been getting plowed for years.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I knew Ben Shapiro was Jewish but does that mean all other Shapiros are? All I know is that he made headlines for all the wrong reasons during a time very fraught for Biden's re-election prospects on the most damaging issue for the party.

There are 100,000 MI voters who went out of their way to say they were "uncommitted" and they did it precisely because of the Gaza genocide. If even a tenth of them are to be taken at their word (and I think that percentage is much higher) then yes picking Shapiro as a running mate would be an unforced error.

So those voters are going to vote for the man who would completely and without question accept anything Netanyahu wants to do and who told supporters in May that he would crush pro-Palestinian protestors on college campuses? 

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

Why even risk the double haters staying home?

Because you sew up Pennsylvania. 

• Hook 'Em 1