2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

14 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

It was taken last week, when Kamala as a candidate was merely an idea and not reality.  Bandwagon/vibes effect is real and not shown in these numbers.

Nah I think it's mislabeled. The overall in that poll is Trump +2 and then the crosstabs have him also winning Independents by 14. There's no way he's winning women and independents by those margins and only up by 2 in the overall.

MAGA is running with it though.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

JD Vance is the perfect antidote to women looking at voting for Trump. He reminds women exactly what Republican men think of them. I love that Trump is stuck with him. 

For now.  Shit, I can easily see Trump pulling that ripcord as late as September if he thinks it would help.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Small quibble....I hope there IS a Jan 6 II, Insurrection Boogaloo.  Because yeah....this time, we're ready.  Hide the machine gun emplacements.  Wait until the treasonous combatants walk into your interlocking fields of fire.  Then.....finish them.  Send a final, definitive message about how America deals with violent traitors actively attacking the country.  Be done with it.

I have an ancestor who played a major part in Shays’s Rebellion.  it did not work out too well for most of them.   It appears that sometimes you have to accept the authority of the government.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

White women (and I am one) should be fucking shamed if they vote for Trump. To be absolutely clear though, I think educated white women are largely in the bag.  It is the uneducated that most likely swing Trump. It is shocking how people vote against their interests. Then again, they are the common clay of the new west.

I live in the middle of a pretty damned red area in DFW.  The white women around here are confirmed devotees of:

image.jpeg.742a028c18526de967502bd10b279430.jpeg

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I have an ancestor who played a major part in Shays’s Rebellion.  it did not work out too well for most of them.   It appears that sometimes you have to accept the authority of the government.

Lol I have an ancestor that was a North Carolina Regulator Leader… crown put a 1000 acre bounty on his head and they burned his house down after the battle of Alamance. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lol I have an ancestor that was a North Carolina Regulator Leader… crown put a 1000 acre bounty on his head and they burned his house down after the battle of Alamance. 

Was he married to a time traveller from 1940's England? 

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

There’s no world in which young voters are voting for Trump by 20 points. zero, none, zilch, nada 

adolf-hitler-with-nazi-party.jpg?width=2

1 hour ago, squib said:

Only a Lad

Always loved this song--and the lyrics fit so well here. 

He didn't want to learn things---he liked to burn things. 

I'm rooting for a youth movement (not pictured above) so I'll go with Grey Matter

"They say you're stupid
That you're too young to vote"

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

Was he married to a time traveller from 1940's England? 

Oh you watch Outlander… That show did not portray my ancestor by name but Murtah fit the description of him (except Irish, not Scottish) and played it well. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

39 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Polls have become like everything else -- meaningless through the deluge of bullshit.

Numbers work out, it's just that Trump must be up with voters 30-34 around 113% to -13%.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Haha 5

If it's Kelly, I hope they've got some polling (that's much more reliable than presidential polling these days) indicating that people still go completely nuts for astronauts, because otherwise he makes zero sense and he'd have to resign his senate seat to campaign.  The astronaut on the ticket seems like it would make a lot more sense in the 70s or 80s than today.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

If it's Kelly, I hope they've got some polling (that's much more reliable than presidential polling these days) indicating that people still go completely nuts for astronauts, because otherwise he makes zero sense and he'd have to resign his senate seat to campaign.  The astronaut on the ticket seems like it would make a lot more sense in the 70s or 80s than today.

He does not have to resign to campaign.

Kelly is allowed to maintain his seat as a U.S. senator during a run for vice president. While Arizona is one of the few states with a resign-to-run-law, which places limitations on state elected officials from running while serving in office, Arizona Legislative Council Executive Director Steven Primack told Arizona Luminaria that Kelly holds a federal office and isn’t subject to these statutes.

• Hook 'Em 9

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He does not have to resign to campaign.

Kelly is allowed to maintain his seat as a U.S. senator during a run for vice president. While Arizona is one of the few states with a resign-to-run-law, which places limitations on state elected officials from running while serving in office, Arizona Legislative Council Executive Director Steven Primack told Arizona Luminaria that Kelly holds a federal office and isn’t subject to these statutes.

Thanks. Still doesn't seem like one of the best options to me. He's got no executive experience and no real relevant experience at all except for his very young senate career. If he's the pick, it better be because there's some new summer pop album all about astronauts or some shit. 

• Haha 2

Just now, David Dennison said:

This brat shit is dumber than the Macarena.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Let kids be kids, the olds of our times thought a bunch of the stuff we did and said was dumb too. At least they stopped eating Tide pods, right? ,. . . Right?

Edited by 'stache

7 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Texas Flood said:

White women need to get on the coconut bus

39 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

White women (and I am one) should be fucking shamed if they vote for Trump. To be absolutely clear though, I think educated white women are largely in the bag.  It is the uneducated that most likely swing Trump. It is shocking how people vote against their interests. Then again, they are the common clay of the new west.

I think MAGA will go with the slut shaming; Kamala had a thousand abortions and slept her way to her current position. This is stereotypical, but, sadly, I think it works with voters looking to believe anything so they can hate their opponents instead of merely compete with them. It's about emotions not the obvious pragmatism of choosing liberty for women or other citizens.

Outside of the cult, I think the appeal should drive undecided women away. I form this opinion not because I pretend to have some insight into women; I do have insight into decent people.

Again, I'm notoriously errant in my political predictions.

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

MOAR!!!

But wait, I thought you can't remove someone from the ballot once they're made the nominee? Isn't that a coup?

spacer.png

Fuck these assholes. I'm sure CNN will jump right on this:

Crawl at bottom of screen: Breaking News, MAGA GOPs calling for Civil War should Trump lose.

Hello I'm Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room. The the GOP is threatening war should they lose the election. They say this election is their last chance to save the country. Let's unpack that by examining what they think they're saving the country from and the extremism of threatening war. 

Let's get our political panel in here and speculate about how this will play in the polls. Bobby?

I think it's a strong message that could motivate the base.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

From what I've seen from the Kentucky governor, he could destroy Vance in a debate, appeal to the midwest and Rust Belt, and appeal to the people currently voting against their own self-interests in red states. You have got to break the Rust Belt free from Trump's sway. 

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I listen to that podcast when I want to feel like a terrible person. It’s like sitting around Les Amis patio back in the day, smoking cigarettes and talking shit with the skinniest, bitchiest art history grad students in town. 

Look, man....I don't come around here to have you second-guess my strategies for getting laid back in the day.  I went with the high-percentage plays, and they worked out just fine.  Plus, those skinny bitchy art history students....knew things.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU, WOMEN (MOSTLY WHITE WOMEN)?  We correctly point out the Leopards Eating Faces tendencies of hispanics, but FFS, women....MAGA LOATHES you.  You are good for being indentured servants, bending to their will.  They don't believe that sexual assault of women is a problem because women don't really have bodily autonomy anyway -- you can't assault a "thing."  Wake the fuck up.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Starting to see White women on social media say they need to have a call similar to what the Black women did. I think Latina and Asian women are organizing something similar.

They best get on that shit toot-sweet, because those polling numbers above are fucking embarrassingly bad.

25 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And a whole lot of this.  Kamala and the Dems should spend 0.0% of their time on the defensive, and 100% of their time on the offensive/attack.  Nonstop.  By every mouthpiece that will matter, on every outlet imaginable.  They shouldn't pause to take a breath until after midnight on election day.  Attack.  Constantly.  Relentlessly.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Pancho said:

That was quick. Looks like this is happening this week for White Women!

This is being led by Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action

I thought women would lead the way after the pussy hat protest in 2017. They form the biggest persecuted group and seem more prone to united action than men.

Colin Cowherd made an interesting point about that noting how women have marches for breast cancer and other causes. Men can't be bothered to do anything about prostate cancer.

We're just sort of inert about most things. Maybe it's the sports heroin. Or laziness. Or lack of care about other people. What's a white man got to worry about, anyway? I'm generalizing dangerously, but I think there is something to it.

Go women!  As many may have noticed, I advocate voting for persons other than white men. Enough already.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Pancho said:

they're gonna spend $100M telling voters that Kamala's parents weren't born in 'Murica, she's black (but not that black), she has a vagina but never popped a baby out of it, and she slept her way to the top.

play predictions GIF

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

You guys have to stop fretting over every poll or pole as Trump would say. Shit will level out soon and push polls are going to do what they do. Trump tying himself to that hillbilly moron will be beautiful to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 2