2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Look, man....I don't come around here to have you second-guess my strategies for getting laid back in the day.  I went with the high-percentage plays, and they worked out just fine.  Plus, those skinny bitchy art history students....knew things.

WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING WRONG WITH YOU, WOMEN (MOSTLY WHITE WOMEN)?  We correctly point out the Leopards Eating Faces tendencies of hispanics, but FFS, women....MAGA LOATHES you.  You are good for being indentured servants, bending to their will.  They don't believe that sexual assault of women is a problem because women don't really have bodily autonomy anyway -- you can't assault a "thing."  Wake the fuck up.

They best get on that shit toot-sweet, because those polling numbers above are fucking embarrassingly bad.

And a whole lot of this.  Kamala and the Dems should spend 0.0% of their time on the defensive, and 100% of their time on the offensive/attack.  Nonstop.  By every mouthpiece that will matter, on every outlet imaginable.  They shouldn't pause to take a breath until after midnight on election day.  Attack.  Constantly.  Relentlessly.

I'm pretty sure plenty of white women, evangelicals in particular, truly like these ideas. Especially when it comes to abortion. Only whores have abortions, and its their fault, no other plausible reason for abortions, at least nothing they've ever encountered in their charmed life, and that's pretty much the white evangelical ethos, I got mine, so fuck you.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

For now.  Shit, I can easily see Trump pulling that ripcord as late as September if he thinks it would help.

He would only pick someone even worse.  Bring it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And a whole lot of this.  Kamala and the Dems should spend 0.0% of their time on the defensive, and 100% of their time on the offensive/attack.  Nonstop.  By every mouthpiece that will matter, on every outlet imaginable.  They shouldn't pause to take a breath until after midnight on election day.  Attack.  Constantly.  Relentlessly.

That's what I liked about the earlier tweet where Kamala says she knows criminal types like Trump from her days as a prosecutor. It wasn't just her words that got me; it was her demeanor. I could see her pinning Trump to a board and dissecting him like a living frog.

Yummy

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Longwell publishes The Bulwark - a group of never Trumpers who have bailed on the GOP. 

This will be my last post on this in here as I don't want to fuck up this thread with a topic everyone hates, but I had a conversation with a relative last week (pre-Biden dropout) that really shook me.  For my entire life, she's been the most reliable Democratic voter I know, yet she informed me that while she would never vote for Trump, any politician that she does vote for in November will be Republican... and it's because she feels betrayed by how the Democratic party has treated Israel, the lack of support for Jewish students on college campuses, etc.  (NOTE: I pushed back, highlighted how many feel that they are too PRO-Israel, how this is NOT the election to make a point, how it's insane to make this the single issue that defines your politics... yada yada yada).  In no way am I trying to say that she has a point or that I agree with her so please don't attack the messenger, I am merely pointing out that while much of the analysis is on how bringing in a pro-Israel candidate for VP could hurt the party, I do imagine there is probably some thought behind how it could mend some frayed relationships.  This relative is active in the Jewish community and I have to think her opinion is shared among most of her circle.  

• Hook 'Em 4

To me, the most important aspects of potential VP are 

1. Someone Kamala genuinely likes, compatible, and most importantly will not overshadow her on campaign trail. 

2. Attractive to middle America voters

3. Can beat and embarrass Vance in a debate 

Beshear and Kelly seem like the best options on the surface. 

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Tim Miller - former Republican opposition research - says this exact same thing: 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lol wat? 

Mark Kelly is a:
- Veteran
-Astronaut
-Senator
-Husband to Gabby Gifford
-Common Sense Gun Control Advocate

He’s seen some shit and not a lifer politician. Pretty squeaky clean.  Like I said, I don’t care and Kamala can’t make a wrong choice for VP, unless it’s Tim Kaine. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, 6th Street said:

Shapiro adds PA but loses Michigan

Kamala is the top of the ticket. If the "uncommitted" were really going to stay home for Biden and let Trump turn their homeland into glass, they aren't changing their mind for Kamala, who is going to hold the same position, or even if she's a little harsher on Israel, she isn't going to stop arms sales.

38 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Kelly also amplifies the gun violence issue in regards to his wife.

Not just that, but he can also speak credibly as a border-state senator on the issue of immigration.  I don't mean that the Democrats can take that issue back.  But he can talk about how Trump sabotaged the legislation that Arizona and the other border states need to address immigration.

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You guys have to stop fretting over every poll or pole as Trump would say. Shit will level out soon and push polls are going to do what they do. Trump tying himself to that hillbilly moron will be beautiful to watch. 

Beyond that--every fucking poll coming out today was in the field before Biden withdrew.  It doesn't reflect the present reality.  They're polling a purely hypothetical matchup, which we've seen in other circumstances is very different from an actual matchup.  

No poll of consequence is going to come out before Thursday.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You don't know.

More than 200K Arabs in Michigan and they won't be happy with an anti-cease fire/anti Gaza candidate. Margin or error is low and that voting bloc is enough to swing Michigan.

I think there's absolutely no doubt that Trump wants to sack Vance now, as performative art is really the only way he judges anyone, and Vance is a steaming hot pile of shit in that regard.

While Trump outwardly projects strength, the real truth is that he is a puppet controlled by various factions.  Internationally it's by people like Putin, but domestically it's by the tech bros who want him to be a lackey to their aspirations to dominate and profit off the AI revolution, i.e. Peter Thiel and co.

There is zero chance those guys will let Trump sideline Vance and I'm here for the Truth Social meltdown over it that is coming in the weeks ahead.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mark Kelly is a:
- Veteran
-Astronaut
-Senator

He’s seen some shit and not a lifer politician. Pretty squeaky clean.  Like I said, I don’t care and Kamala can’t make a wrong choice for VP, unless it’s Tim Kaine. 

I'm not seeing a lot of executive or otherwise relevant experience there in that resume.  

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This will be my last post on this in here as I don't want to fuck up this thread with a topic everyone hates, but I had a conversation with a relative last week (pre-Biden dropout) that really shook me.  For my entire life, she's been the most reliable Democratic voter I know, yet she informed me that while she would never vote for Trump, any politician that she does vote for in November will be Republican... and it's because she feels betrayed by how the Democratic party has treated Israel, the lack of support for Jewish students on college campuses, etc.  (NOTE: I pushed back, highlighted how many feel that they are too PRO-Israel, how this is NOT the election to make a point, how it's insane to make this the single issue that defines your politics... yada yada yada).  In no way am I trying to say that she has a point or that I agree with her so please don't attack the messenger, I am merely pointing out that while much of the analysis is on how bringing in a pro-Israel candidate for VP could hurt the party, I do imagine there is probably some thought behind how it could mend some frayed relationships.  This relative is active in the Jewish community and I have to think her opinion is shared among most of her circle.  

I truly empathize with anyone massively affected by the Israel/Palestine conflict, but these voters are so highly emotional that they can't be trusted to be swayed by a VP nomination. 

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Tim Miller - former Republican opposition research - says this exact same thing: 

This this this.

Hell, even when the MAGAs attack, don't fucking retreat, don't defend.  Go full-on devil dogs at Chosin.

oliver-p-smith-quote-lbj2v6p.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

C'mon brisket, any poll saying Trump will get basically half the female vote is very obvious bullshit. Stealing from bluesky:

bafkreidzioozkic7y4euyndaodhoixsyocrdble

A ton of polls about this race have indicated that the largest political realignment in American history has happened since 2022 (with enormous shifts of minorities and women and young voters to Trump and old white people to Biden). Does that jibe with anything any single person here has seen in real life?  Sure I could see Trump making marginal gains among minorities similar to the gains he made from 2016 to 2020, and I could see Biden continuing to make gains among white voters, but nothing remotely to the degree that polls have reflected.  And there's literally nothing to corroborate the polling.  Yeah, there's been some dissatisfaction among younger voters over Gaza and indications that some younger voters won't vote, but we're not seeing reporting about actual groups of young, organized black voters turning to Trump or anything like that. I think if the largest voter realignment in American history were happening, we'd see some other evidence of it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

Hope y’all are ready to go to war and fight back against this every day.

lol. 

this is going to end poorly for them. it's one thing to pick on fiesty uncle Joe but he's an old white guy so nobody cares. 

start coming for kamala and you are going to get showered with coconuts amd lime green. 

fuck wit the kids at your political peril old white Republican guys. 

#teamkamala

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

C'mon brisket, any poll saying Trump will get basically half the female vote is very obvious bullshit. Stealing from bluesky:

A ton of polls about this race have indicated that the largest political realignment in American history has happened since 2022 (with enormous shifts of minorities and women and young voters to Trump and old white people to Biden). Does that jibe with anything any single person here has seen in real life?  Sure I could see Trump making marginal gains among minorities similar to the gains he made from 2016 to 2020, and I could see Biden continuing to make gains among white voters, but nothing remotely to the degree that polls have reflected.  And there's literally nothing to corroborate the polling.  Yeah, there's been some dissatisfaction among younger voters over Gaza and indications that some younger voters won't vote, but we're not seeing reporting about actual groups of young, organized black voters turning to Trump or anything like that. I think if the largest voter realignment in American history were happening, we'd see some other evidence of it.  

i think that the most real thing is a slipping of the youth vote being able to say you're fighting against the shit system.  when the bad party is the party in power, youthful contrarianism is easy to focus.  now, less so.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mark Kelly is a:
- Veteran
-Astronaut
-Senator

Why did you say that? WHYYYYYYY?
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh, I agree that polling is broken.  But two things:

1) in line with that, I don't trust shit except for the actual final vote totals in November.  That's it.  Be on the constant attack, and run all the way through the finish line.

2) that said, both polling AND actual voting totals show as that Latinos and women are fucked in the head.  It's the stupidest, most voting-against-your-own-interests shit imaginable, but that's the timeline we live in.

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If this is true, seems unlikely that it would be Shapiro. And speaking just strategically, they should not put a spotlight on a powder keg issue via a VP nomination

I like Shapiro, but I think this is where I am as well.

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

to address immigration.

Beyond that--every fucking poll coming out today was in the field before Biden withdrew.  It doesn't reflect the present reality.  They're polling a purely hypothetical matchup, which we've seen in other circumstances is very different from an actual matchup.  

No poll of consequence is going to come out before Thursday.

Word is a Marist poll is coming today that was done after the Biden dropout

• Hook 'Em 2

So this is petty, but I heard a radio interview with Kelly before he got into politics and about his experience in space, and it was memorable as one of the most boring and least informative interviews I've ever listened to. He would give the least interesting responses to space questions, how do you make space boring? Anyway, that's why I hope he isn't picked. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Starting to see White women on social media say they need to have a call similar to what the Black women did. I think Latina and Asian women are organizing something similar.

I need to find a way to finagle these calls into steelshank-esque tail smashing session(s).

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Ok, I know the focus has been on white women, but what the hell is wrong with the 21% of black people preferring Trump?

Talk about voting for the Leopards Eating Faces Party... that's like the Jews for Hitler demographic.

Kamala is the juice. You don't need another person who is the juice. You need someone who can articulate why Vance is Project 2025 in human form. He is what will get Project 2025 installed. You also need someone who can appeal to the sad, white male that's scared to vote for a woman. And not some mealy mouth like Tim Kane. You need someone who can hit Trump and Vance on a level that the Rust Belt understands why another Trump term screws everyone but the rich. Find that guy. If that's Brashear or Cooper then let's go. I don't think Kelly gives you that and I don't want a western tilted ticket. You have to appeal to the Rust Belt and swing states. Kamala has the women and AA vote. You need white men next even though they'll mostly vote for the dumb dildo Trump. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If this is true, seems unlikely that it would be Shapiro. And speaking just strategically, they should not put a spotlight on a powder keg issue via a VP nomination. 

Austin had been undergoing cancer treatments so I didn’t expect him to do another 4 years even if it were a second Biden admin. I don’t see losing Jake Sullivan as a biggie. I would be slightly sad to see Blinken go, but Kamala does need to show that it’s her administration and not Joe’s second term.

• Hook 'Em 1

So this is petty, but I heard a radio interview with Kelly before he got into politics and about his experience in space, and it was memorable as one of the most boring and least informative interviews I've ever listened to. He would give the least interesting responses to space questions, how do you make space boring? Anyway, that's why I hope he isn't picked. 
I've heard a Texas-ex who flew on two shuttle missions give a presentation & it was like listening to a CPA discuss new tax codes. She had a couple of well rehearsed anecdotes, but for the most part the entire audience was stifling yawns. Being an astronaut involves being methodical & calculated at a level most could never dream of.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If she wants to save some time and lock in the loss early, I found the pick.

I don’t work on the campaign, but I can tell tell you with 100% certainty that he has not a serious candidate

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ok, I know the focus has been on white women, but what the hell is wrong with the 21% of black people preferring Trump?

Talk about voting for the Leopards Eating Faces Party... that's like the Jews for Hitler demographic.

white women are the devil, any non white male knows this 

non white females preach it (when not around white women) 

if they show up for Trump in force, this is a very very tight race 

Edited by tx 3 putt