2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

26 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Ok, I know the focus has been on white women, but what the hell is wrong with the 21% of black people preferring Trump?

Talk about voting for the Leopards Eating Faces Party... that's like the Jews for Hitler demographic.

Well Candace Owens, Diamond and Silk all find the guy preferable and they surely aren't dumb. /s

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Maybe because Murdock told you not to put Vance on the ticket and you didn't listen?

Still somewhat baffling to me. It was such an unforced error driven by pure arrogance that he had the election locked up.  I think Trump is still a favorite but Vance didn't gain him any votes and will almost certainly lose him votes among women post Kamala shift.   He could have chosen someone like Rubio that would actually talk issues and policy and potentially sway moderate votes that 'someone' in the room might be able to keep Trump in check (similar to Pence VP strategy) but instead he just chose another MAGA that isn't even any good at the MAGA performance art aspect.

• Hook 'Em 4

54 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

I think there's absolutely no doubt that Trump wants to sack Vance now, as performative art is really the only way he judges anyone, and Vance is a steaming hot pile of shit in that regard.

While Trump outwardly projects strength, the real truth is that he is a puppet controlled by various factions.  Internationally it's by people like Putin, but domestically it's by the tech bros who want him to be a lackey to their aspirations to dominate and profit off the AI revolution, i.e. Peter Thiel and co.

There is zero chance those guys will let Trump sideline Vance and I'm here for the Truth Social meltdown over it that is coming in the weeks ahead.

the thing is, Trump hates admitting he made a mistake.  loathes it.  abhors it.  straight up denies he has ever made a mistake.  having Vance step down as his VP nominee is basically an admission by Trump that he fucked up by choosing him.  and he won't do that.  so if Vance does get shitcanned, the song and dance they go through to make it happen is gonna be fascinating.  they're gonna have to concoct some reason for Vance to make it look like it was his decision.  and if he does follow through and resign like a dog, any aspirations he has of ever being POTUS are gone.  kaput.  he'll always be the weak bitch that Trump got rid of. 

but if Trump doesn't get rid of Vance and then Trump loses, Trump will throw Vance under the bus.  and again, no POTUS for Vance ever.

JD's only real option is to stick with Trump and pray they win. but if Trump tells him to resign, what's his play?  he doesn't have the stones to say no, does he?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

She’s just like us! 

I got a family lineage filled with Irish dipshits and hoodlums, but hey, I might be distantly related to Kamala, so that's cool.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I got a family lineage filled with Irish dipshits and hoodlums, but hey, I might be distantly related to Kamala, so that's cool.  

Brother?

On another note, how would they Willie Horton a former prosecutor?

Maga gonna maga I suppose.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, 'stache said:

It will. Half this country’s citizens are irredeemable deplorable trash.

This.  It's not about changing minds.  It's about motivating and mobilizing wretched hate.  Never, ever underestimate the power of hate.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, let them pull the racial stuff. You need them to remind Americans who they are. She can directly answer that if the pussy agrees to a debate. 

This.  We knew it was going.  She knew it was coming.  You address is head-on.  

Can't be such pussies and start whining and crying that she's going to get Willie Horton'd/Hillary'd/etc. 

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the thing is, Trump hates admitting he made a mistake.  loathes it.  abhors it.  straight up denies he has ever made a mistake.  having Vance step down as his VP nominee is basically an admission by Trump that he fucked up by choosing him.  and he won't do that. 

Were you not paying attention during his time as POTUS?  He fired dozens of people he appointed.  He just says they are deep state, low-IQ losers.  He has no self-awareness, and the base never connects the dots.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Um, can we not seriously consider this guy for VP? Great on TV and clearly would pistol whip Vance in a debate. 

He's a rough 60, that's for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  It's not about changing minds.  It's about motivating and mobilizing wretched hate.  Never, ever underestimate the power of hate.

But it seems like she's infinitely more qualified to defend herself against these kinds of attacks than Dukakis.  

One, Dukakis was a bad candidate and should have fought back with the fact that he had nothing to do with Horton's furlough, and the furlough program was started by a Republican Gov of Mass in 1974.

As a former prosecutor, I doubt she'll be as weak in the face of something like that.. oh, and Trump is literally a convicted felon.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Still somewhat baffling to me. It was such an unforced error driven by pure arrogance that he had the election locked up.  I think Trump is still a favorite but Vance didn't gain him any votes and will almost certainly lose him votes among women post Kamala shift.   He could have chosen someone like Rubio that would actually talk issues and policy and potentially sway moderate votes that 'someone' in the room might be able to keep Trump in check (similar to Pence VP strategy) but instead he just chose another MAGA that isn't even any good at the MAGA performance art aspect.

But Trump hates Little Marco and doesn’t trust him. Vance has become a true MAGA sycophant. Trump values loyalty above all else and Vance is a shameless cock gobbler. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

What in the wide world of sports!

image.thumb.png.1e4f6e6b5c0db4d2b264e0b051352b0f.png

Admit to? No…

14 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Um why are you embarrassed to have discovered the best road trip snack combo in the universe? I mean the key is that you don't frequently drink Mountain Dew so that when you do drink a 32 ouncer it's basically like 5 energy drinks and you're easily able to stay awake while your kids and your wife who promised "I'll stay awake with you this time" sleep for hours.

That shit would kill me now but I walked into every midterm and final with a super big gulp of Mountain Dew and one of the big bags of Mrs Bairds powdered donuts 

1 hour ago, randomhorn said:

Austin had been undergoing cancer treatments so I didn’t expect him to do another 4 years even if it were a second Biden admin. I don’t see losing Jake Sullivan as a biggie. I would be slightly sad to see Blinken go, but Kamala does need to show that it’s her administration and not Joe’s second term.

Not keeping Blinken is a mistake.  Replacing Austin probably would’ve happened even if Biden stayed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

That's what I liked about the earlier tweet where Kamala says she knows criminal types like Trump from her days as a prosecutor. It wasn't just her words that got me; it was her demeanor. I could see her pinning Trump to a board and dissecting him like a living frog.

Yummy

He will never debate her.  If he does it will be an absolute bloodbath.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

He gets shit done. A candidate that can excite the left while effectively talking to middle/rural Americans.

IMG_5271.jpeg

You're certainly not going to find a whiter, more midwestern man than Gov. Walz.  Guy looks like he hasn't seen the sun in 30 years.

Let's go... Balz to the Walz!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Those among us who are not Hapsburgs probably have 32 great-great-great-great grandfathers. Likely a few stinkers in everybody's tree.

But I suppose there is always the chance that his angry spirit will come back, possess her, then she can be the Anti-Abe-Lincoln.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That will be the next fun mini drama to watch play out. I agree pretty much zero benefit to Trump debating her but she will try to goad him constantly into a debate and watching him dance around it will be fun.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

That will be the next fun mini drama to watch play out. I agree pretty much zero benefit to Trump debating her but she will try to goad him constantly into a debate and watching him dance around it will be fun.

This. He is so easily manipulated, and she knows which buttons to push.

She may be the most perfect candidate to run against this shit stain 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

What if it's only chance to win? 

He truly thinks he's the smartest person in whatever room he enters. He must feel sure about that after the first debate.

He's a coward, but he doesn't have to fight her. If it's slipping away, I think he does face her.

It will be an absolute blood bath. Harris is an experienced tactician who will stick pins in all the right places. At some point, she will laugh at him and he will become unnerved.

Like that frog on the board.

38 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Brother?

On another note, how would they Willie Horton a former prosecutor?

Maga gonna maga I suppose.

So Trump is gonna argue that felons shouldn't be allowed to wander around in public.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

the thing is, Trump hates admitting he made a mistake.  loathes it.  abhors it.  straight up denies he has ever made a mistake.  having Vance step down as his VP nominee is basically an admission by Trump that he fucked up by choosing him.  and he won't do that.  so if Vance does get shitcanned, the song and dance they go through to make it happen is gonna be fascinating.  they're gonna have to concoct some reason for Vance to make it look like it was his decision.  and if he does follow through and resign like a dog, any aspirations he has of ever being POTUS are gone.  kaput.  he'll always be the weak bitch that Trump got rid of. 

but if Trump doesn't get rid of Vance and then Trump loses, Trump will throw Vance under the bus.  and again, no POTUS for Vance ever.

JD's only real option is to stick with Trump and pray they win. but if Trump tells him to resign, what's his play?  he doesn't have the stones to say no, does he?

If the trump campaign had any snap, they’d spin it as - Vance isn’t up to the Trump standard. We’re facing a new enemy and need to retool to a higher standard blah blah 

from the start, Haley was a better pick. Like in 2016, dumbass could have stolen the thunder with a female vp. This time around, he could have went Indian or Asian and really looked better.