2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

60 Minutes had a segment with Kamala about a year or so ago. I'd imagine they'll bump that back up next Sunday. A good way for the olds and soon to be olds to see her again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 'stache said:

She's definitely a lot better at this than four years ago. I'm in (already was obviously, but yeah, in).

Trump is a uniquely terrible human being that has a stranglehold on 40-43% of the voting public. We needed someone with energy to call out his bullshit and get people to sit up and pay attention. Kamala can be that person. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Harris 58-33 with 18-29 in that poll.  BUT MUH QUINNIPIAC HAD TRUMP UP 19 WITH THEM

I finally looked up those crosstabs and all of the age demographic results were backwards. It has Harris beating Trump in the 60+ group. 

31 minutes ago, 'stache said:

She better move up in the next few weeks. Just disgusting how hard it is for any democrat in this country to affect polls.

IMHO all of the polls before Biden withdrew likely treated Kamala like she was "Joe 2.0." She had no identity and wasn't an alternative since her boss was the presumptive nominee. They were joined at the hip.

As Kamala defines herself (and Trump attempts to counter with his definition of her) we'll see where we land. 

The new poll that shows her up against Trump since then is also not very informative to me other than there appears to be a LOT of persuadable voters who were sick of Joe and are likely reconsidering their (very weak) support of Trump.

44-42 is basically the hard core D and R bases who will vote for whomever their party nominates. There's likely 15-20% up for grabs.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Someone needs to put together a mash up of Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" with Project 2025 proposals.

Better yet, Taylor needs to crank out a "We Are Not Going Back" tune in a week or so.  It'll dominate the charts overnight.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I said it yesterday -

Kamala doesn't have a Benghazi + 12 hours of being grilled by Congress.  No Whitewater, no email scandal, no Vince Foster.  No Rush Limbaugh / Fox News 20 year hate campaign.  No Clinton Crime Syndicate, Clinton charity scandal, Clinton Body Count.  None of that exists today with Kamala.  And there isn't going to be an October letter from the FBI.  No contentious "DNC rigged it for Kamala" bot/troll campaign. 

Everyone has basically said "a younger candidate will absolutely beat Trump in November" - well there she is.  This country elected a black man twice and a female VP.  They just wouldn't elect Hillary Clinton. 

And, actually, three million more of us voted for Hillary than voted for Donald but because of the archaic, anachronistic electoral college that our wise forefathers gifted us, she lost.

I just read that J.D. Vance tweeted several times in 2016 "what percentage of the American population has @realdonaldtrump sexually assaulted?"  If I'm Kamala, or her running mate, I say "reporters should ask J.D. Vance if he still believes Donald Trump sexually assaulted his fellow Americans and, if not, what evidence that has been unearthed since he said that which would lead him to believe that Donald Trump did not sexually assault his fellow Americans?"    I hop on that shit and I stay laser focused on it every day that Vance is Trump's running mate.  Force Trump to abandon him.  Then watch Vance turn on Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

29 minutes ago, mdmost said:

See here's the thing and I'll argue this with my wife who claims America won't vote for a woman to be president based on what happened with Hillary. America wasn't ready to vote for that woman. Hillary had 2 decades of baggage attached to her. Kamala does not. Kamala expresses hope. Her life is exactly why immigrants come here and have children here. She resonates with people. She is the face of a changing country and people, mostly white and male, will fear that. But she has the message people need to hear in these times. She's the anti-Trump. Biden wasn't going to be able to bring the same message she can. 

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I said it yesterday -

Kamala doesn't have a Benghazi + 12 hours of being grilled by Congress.  No Whitewater, no email scandal, no Vince Foster.  No Rush Limbaugh / Fox News 20 year hate campaign.  No Clinton Crime Syndicate, Clinton charity scandal, Clinton Body Count.  None of that exists today with Kamala.  And there isn't going to be an October letter from the FBI.  No contentious "DNC rigged it for Kamala" bot/troll campaign. 

Everyone has basically said "a younger candidate will absolutely beat Trump in November" - well there she is.  This country elected a black man twice and a female VP.  They just wouldn't elect Hillary Clinton. 

And a bunch of us were still quasi-Republicans at that time. I didn't like Hillary at all and thought Trump was a clown so I stayed home. If I'd known then what I know now, I would 100% go back and vote Hillary every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

13 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I have no doubt Trump is that bad on the greens.  But two glaring questions remain:

1.  Why do we all know so many MAGA folks who golf and feel cheating at golf is a cardinal sin in sports, but cheating on spouses/businesses/et. al. is perfectly fine and almost admirable?  

2.  Why would this DeChambeau guy release that video?  It makes Trump look horrible.  I think he's played rounds with him before, this will destroy that relationship and probably get some lunatic MAGA minions on his ass for the next year.  

Trump's golf game was a LOT better than I expected. Of course, I'm sure they edited some pretty awful swings and let him have do-overs. They did play from the fucking red tees, though. Of course Trump dropped a pretty good putt on 18 for a walk-off birdie but his putting stroke is simply awful. There's no way he's a club championship-level player. I'm fairly confident he'd absolutely crush Biden in a round of golf, though, assuming they let Trump drive up on all the tee boxes and right up to the collar of the greens so he doesn't have a mid-round heart attack.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

And, actually, three million more of us voted for Hillary than voted for Donald but because of the archaic, anachronistic electoral college that our wise forefathers gifted us, she lost.

I just read that J.D. Vance tweeted several times in 2016 "what percentage of the American population has @realdonaldtrump sexually assaulted?"  If I'm Kamala, or her running mate, I say "reporters should ask J.D. Vance if he still believes Donald Trump sexually assaulted his fellow Americans and, if not, what evidence that has been unearthed since he said that which would lead him to believe that Donald Trump did not sexually assault his fellow Americans?"    I hop on that shit and I stay laser focused on it every day that Vance is Trump's running mate.  Force Trump to abandon him.  Then watch Vance turn on Trump.

He's a spineless pussy. Much like Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Mike Pence, et al they will never burn Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You mean crime that's down overall and a border that he helped kill a bipartisan deal for?

Also he is a criminal! 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

48 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I love the "we are not going back" line. That needs to be a huge centerpiece. That's how you frame what Trumpism is exactly. It's going back to a time we don't need to return to. I'm telling you, this is the shot in the arm the country needed. 

0e8d4ced-3a39-4dcb-8270-c05918902af1_tex

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Oh man, my red pilled family is freaked the fuck out and already starting to convince themselves that the election will be stolen (just like it was in 2020).

Highlights from some horseshit going around on social media:

-pushed Biden out and now selling that he's all in for Kamala

-Dem machine is forcing everyone to get in line, forced Biden to update his Twitter, forcing wall to wall media coverage of the "record number" of donations (which is just donations being transferred from Biden's campaign to hers)

-It's an all out coordination to override the people's vote just like they did in 2020.

-It's a preview of what they're going to do in 2024

-They (who is they?) don't care about democracy. They only care about power.

Sorry about your old ass sad sack of shit convicted felon candidate that more people HATE than like. Good luck!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Kamala exudes a joyfulness that is desperately needed right now. So far, she is light years ahead of where she was 4 years ago. 

I think that's a great point. Watching the video brought to this thread has improved my opinion of her as a public speaker. Maybe it's the focus she has now on exactly what it is she must do and wants to do. Then there is the joy you mention. It's young and fresh like someone just opened a window in a funeral parlor.

Keep it up, Kamala!

• Hook 'Em 4

What the heck kinda course is that?  Par 4's under 300 yards, two of which were 230 and 235 yards?  Par 5's of 424 and 405?  Par 3's as short as 92 yards and not farther than 121?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'd love for Obama to be Secretary of State. 

He served as POTUS for eight years. Can we let that man enjoy his retirement already?

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit that was funny.

"Remember, no political violence." LOL

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

What the heck kinda course is that?  Par 4's under 300 yards, two of which were 230 and 235 yards?  Par 5's of 424 and 405?  Par 3's as short as 92 yards and not farther than 121?  

They were playing from the old man/ladies' tees.

• Hook 'Em 1