2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh no, I think it’s been “in the works” since after the debate and the polling started to tank. But he had to make sure he had a clear successor and the data backed up That she was viable 

Agree with this, thought I really do wonder given how broken most polling is what data would've made them comfortable with her viability. Did they just have some better internal polling by the only pollsters left who know how to do an impossible job?  

The thing that got me the most is after all the rounds he's played on that course and he doesn't have every break on every green memorized yet?  I mean half those putts broke left when he was playing a left-to-right break or vice versa.  Back when I was a kid and played our local goat ranch course two or three times every day in the summer; my friends and I knew at least which direction every putt was going to break.  The magnitude or speed may be off a little but still...

I’d like to know how many of Trump’s shots were used in that 50 or 51. I know the final putt, maybe one other in the four or five holes I watched. But a 22-time club champion should have more than a couple of shots used in 18 holes from the ladies’ tee, particularly when he’s the first putt on every hole.

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is silly

You missed the "choose to believe"  part of her statement. 

This is 2024. We build our own realities out of memes, tweets, gifs, and movie clips that suit our fancy. 

I choose to believe that Dark Brandon triumphs over every thing Republicans can conceive.  Do your own research. Prove me wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

It resonates on a number of levels. I think it's originally something of a slogan for Black civil rights. It's got that undertone, and now the overtone is universal for those not wanting Trump and the aging, white, hateful GOP to drag us all back to a time that was bad for many and a shame to everyone else.

The message, wording, and spirit of this first day of talk and speeches is on point. I have no criticism at all. It's such a difference from holding my forhead during the debate and seeing so many things wrong.

Vince just sprinted out right, faked a pass, then blew by the defender. 

image.png.c5ebdcfbf724501cb99c3425ddc8fc56.png

Trump and the turds are looking for their jocks.

Yes, the difference between Biden's first debate words, a the last 48 hours, is, I’m thinking of a phrase, …game changing!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Heard about this on The Ticket yesterday. It's supposed to be on DeChambeau's YouTube channel. Should be up there today. Wonder how much creative editing they do.

Did anyone else notice they had to have been playing from the weenie tees?  There were 12 holes shown, the two par 5's were only 405 yards each.  The longest par 4 was 315 yards and the longest par 3 was only 121 yards.  That's a glorified par 3 course.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Did anyone else notice they had to have been playing from the weenie tees?  There were 12 holes shown, the two par 5's were only 405 yards each.  The longest par 4 was 315 yards and the longest par 3 was only 121 yards.  That's a glorified par 3 course.

Did bdc shoot a 45 in his honor?

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Beyond the racism, I love republicans trying to keep a straight face while saying democrats are currently in "disarray." I have never seen democrats more arrayed in my life. 

It's the old every accusation is a confession thing - again.  It's fucking great.  You see orange fuckface screaming over there?  Yeah, he's TOTALLY fine, a stable genius, if you will...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, yes. Let it all out, you ghouls. Keep talking. 

They are absolutely dying to use the n-word. This is as close as they’ll get (for now) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh no, I think it’s been “in the works” since after the debate and the polling started to tank. But he had to make sure he had a clear successor and the data backed up That she was viable 

I think Biden really thought he could pull this off up until Pelosi and Schumer and painted the picture for him. They were putting him out there with Lester Holt and other outlets like he hadn't in the last year-plus in an effort to make the debate seem like an anomaly. It wasn't so he did the noble thing, which he's always done.

20 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Yes, it was the ladies/executive tees. DeChambeau said when he and Sergio had their crack at 50, they played from the whites at least. They knew Trump's short-comings and moved up as close as they possibly could.

14 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Yes, yes. Let it all out, you ghouls. Keep talking. 

Intellectually bottom of the barrel? Made it through law school, passed the BAR in California, became an attorneys general and then a state senator before being Biden's VP pick. Criticize her border record if you must but probably best not start measuring IQ's with Kamala Harris.

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 5

Polls are going to take some cycles to untie her from Biden. And you'll watch Biden's unfavorable drop pretty soon. She's been hidden for the most part for 3 years. People need time to get to know her. This version of Kamala is going to appeal to a lot of people since she's the anti-Trump. 

• Hook 'Em 8

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I don't want to be a dick, and certainly don't want to put the cart before the horse, BUT.... do those of you who spent weeks saying "Biden gives us the best chance to win" now realize how ridiculous that was?

absofuckinglutely was I wrong about this. but let's not pretend that you knew it was going to be this incredible. so let's just all get along 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Polls are going to take some cycles to untie her from Biden. And you'll watch Biden's unfavorable drop pretty soon. She's been hidden for the most part for 3 years. People need time to get to know her. This version of Kamala is going to appeal to a lot of people since she's the anti-Trump. 

exactly. There are also a lot of "double haters' who will be willing to give her a chance. 

I cannot stress how important the Democratic National Convention will be - they need to knock it out of the park because everyone will be watching.

• Hook 'Em 6

Just now, The Dog said:

exactly. There are also a lot of "double haters' who will be willing to give her a chance. 

I cannot stress how important the Democratic National Convention will be - they need to knock it out of the park because everyone will be watching.

I hope her team Is watching Obama’s 2004 speech. It needs to be that good 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

It will be the most watched DNC since 2008. 

• Hook 'Em 6

42 minutes ago, MrBig said:

I hate to come back to this....but what's so odd or off-putting about her laugh?  It's a real, legit laugh.  I've been around plenty of people laughing like that....it means that they're happy, having a good time, and....it sounds pretty normal, all-in-all?  What the fuck is fucking wrong with these fucking people?

20 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Link to this backstory? 

There is no backstory.  And there certainly are no pictures.  There are no pictures.

6o6blcul5n841.jpg

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They are absolutely dying to use the n-word. This is as close as they’ll get (for now) 

As they get angrier and angrier, sputtering and spewing, we're on the precipice of the hard-R n-word from one of them.  It's not a guarantee, but if it pops out between now and election day, it will be no surprise.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

At least it will be watchable with a real platform and policy and shit rather than a poo flinging coke fest.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I hate to come back to this....but what's so odd or off-putting about her laugh?  It's a real, legit laugh.  I've been around plenty of people laughing like that....it means that they're happy, having a good time, and....it sounds pretty normal, all-in-all?  What the fuck is fucking wrong with these fucking people?

Yeah, it's not like it's Fran Drescher-esque or anything.

Also, a friend posted this last week before Biden stepped down and Kamala became the new Democratic POTUS candidate. Pretty much nailed it:

TwitXter is ablaze with the blatantly racist sentiment that VP Harris might step in as the first “Didn’t Earn It” (DEI) presidential candidate.

Just over here setting the record straight:

- A well connected white friend got Trump into college

- White bankers gave Trump BILLIONS in loans he didn't qualify for

- White bankers continued giving him loans, despite his horrific business failures

- Trump had the lowest % of primary votes for a GOP nominee in fifty years

- He lost every single racial, ethnic & religious demographic in EVERY race he ever entered

- Trump has NEVER won the popular vote in an election

Just so we are CRYSTAL clear:

The U.S. has already HAD our first “DEI” president.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

At least it will be watchable with a real platform and policy and shit rather than a poo flinging coke fest.

I still find them boring. I’ll watch the VP speech and Kamala’s speech. I don’t need to see or care what the deputy director of dicks in Los Angeles has to say 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Chuckles.  Good luck, Mike

“We're 48 hours into Kamala Harris' campaign and Speaker Mike Johnson already needs to tell his GOP caucus to stop saying racist stuff. 

It's gonna be a long 105 days.”

GQP trying to restrain themselves: (stolen from twitter)

GTM13fGWIAAzz3W?format=jpg&name=small

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I still find them boring. I’ll watch the VP speech and Kamala’s speech. I don’t need to see or care what the deputy director of dicks in Los Angeles has to say 

I will not watch any of it.

I will monitor all of it on surly.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

To be fair, the presentations start with the deputy TO the deputy director of dicks of Los Angeles.

b42fc1d4-a442-403c-88f8-dc7738d5276a_171

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, MrBig said:

My father in law is a Republican who watches Fox News but he’s not MAGA. He tells me Kamala seems like a fun person and it’s nice to see someone in politics who isn’t a grumpy asshole.

That's probably because Fox News is telling him she likes to give blowjobs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

The beauty of this is that the Presidential race wasn't the only thing that flipped. Now the conversations amongst friends/family/colleagues have flipped.

After the Biden debate, Trumpers were more eager to discuss politics. They saw an opening to defend their Trump vote and rail on Biden's condition for a few weeks with way less pushback, and I think that had an effect on the overall electorate. Herd mentality is real. Now with Joe out, Dem voters have the mic again and can confidently defend Kamala and re-focus on all the Trump shittiness. 

I think we're probably still a week or two away from the real poll bounce for Kamala. 

• Hook 'Em 4