2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Someone tell me if this is worth worrying about:

https://x.com/SeanJCooksey/status/1815089842365321563

Sean J. Cooksey was nominated to the Federal Election Commission by President Donald J. Trump on October 30, 2020, and confirmed by the United States Senate on December 9, 2020.

Prior to his appointment, Mr. Cooksey served as General Counsel to U.S. Senator Josh Hawley, working on the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary and advising the Senator on issues including constitutional law, judicial nominations, election law, federal criminal law, immigration law, antitrust policy, intellectual property, and ethics compliance. He previously served as Deputy Chief Counsel for U.S. Senator Ted Cruz.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

That's probably because Fox News is telling him she likes to give blowjobs.

She’s no Nancy Reagan.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

11 minutes ago, MrBig said:

My father in law is a Republican who watches Fox News but he’s not MAGA. He tells me Kamala seems like a fun person and it’s nice to see someone in politics who isn’t a grumpy asshole.

I remember my first presidential campaign in 1992.  I worked hard for George Bush, but I was a kid who didn't know anything about jack shit.  I really thought Bush was going to win.  But then one day in mid-October as I was driving around putting up yard signs--I think it was while waiting at the stoplight at Mockingbird and Central--I for the first time had the conscious thought, "but hey--if Bill Clinton wins, the country would be just fine."  And before I got across Central--in those days, getting across Central could take several hours, so I'm not crediting myself with a particularly speedy thought process, just to be clear--it occurred to me that if other Republicans were having the same thought, then our turnout was going to be depressed and we were going to be fucked.

And it was.  And we were.

And ever since that experience, I have kept a weather eye for expressions of such sentiment.  When people who you know are voting D or R start having the thought "well, if the other party's candidate wins, it won't be the end of the world," then that party's fucked.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The beauty of this is that the Presidential race wasn't the only thing that flipped. Now the conversations amongst friends/family/colleagues have flipped.

After the Biden debate, Trumpers were more eager to discuss politics. They saw an opening to defend their Trump vote and rail on Biden's condition for a few weeks with way less pushback, and I think that had an effect on the overall electorate. Herd mentality is real. Now with Joe out, Dem voters have the mic again and can confidently defend Kamala and re-focus on all the Trump shittiness. 

I think we're probably still a week or two away from the real poll bounce for Kamala. 

To be fair it is people crying about irrelevant shit that creates an opening, shut down all MAGA shit and flame them for the felonies. Its like people whining about her DEI, don't go "hmn you have a point" hammer Donny for being a nepo baby.

2 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Someone tell me if this is worth worrying about:

https://x.com/SeanJCooksey/status/1815089842365321563

Hasn't this been discussed? As VP, Harris was on the Biden ticket and therefore the money donated was also donated to her presumably? That gives her access to that money. It might've been problematic if somebody else was Biden's replacement. But fuck, Kamala has raised well over $100M in two days since Biden stepped down. Send all the initial money back and she'll get it right back before the weekend.

• Hook 'Em 5

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s not true, was made up by some dude on Twitter and went viral.

But I don’t care. Fuck em. Smear em with lies, they’d into all the time. Use their own weapon against them.

I wonder if he also killed 5 hookers at SMU?  He looks the part.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I remember my first presidential campaign in 1992.  I worked hard for George Bush, but I was a kid who didn't know anything about jack shit.  I really thought Bush was going to win.  But then one day in mid-October as I was driving around putting up yard signs--I think it was while waiting at the stoplight at Mockingbird and Central--I for the first time had the conscious thought, "but hey--if Bill Clinton wins, the country would be just fine."  And before I got across Central--in those days, getting across Central could take several hours, so I'm not crediting myself with a particularly speedy thought process, just to be clear--it occurred to me that if other Republicans were having the same thought, then our turnout was going to be depressed and we were going to be fucked.

And it was.  And we were.

And ever since that experience, I have kept a weather eye for expressions of such sentiment.  When people who you know are voting D or R start having the thought "well, if the other party's candidate wins, it won't be the end of the world," then that party's fucked.

Human beings are mostly ilogical and while I don't disagree with the underpining prediction, having a system that can be destroyed because one side said "hmmn maybe fascism is not that bad" is a system that needs to be completely replaced, reconstruction and denazification needs to be #1 priority of the next presidency, not rely the whims of a demoralized electorate.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

correct, it needs to be moved further down 

22 time Club Champ !!!!!

That stroke has the touch of a rapist

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

My 89 year old dad said something to me on the phone just now that I think would be a great Kamala campaign slogan" "We men have had the Presidency 46 times in a row. Maybe it's time we give the broads a chance."

"Give the broads a chance!"   My T-shirt slogan:  Harris 2024.  Give the Broads a Chance!

Not totally accurate.  We had the biggest pussy to ever walk the face of the earth running the joint from 2017-Jan 2021.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

correct, it needs to be moved further down 

22 time Club Champ !!!!!

i dont know how anyone can play that stupid game day after day after day.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

"What about Trump's felonies, and insurrection, and sexual assault, and impeachments, and....."

"Whatever. Who cares. BUT I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT HOW KAMALA LAUGHS!"

Thing is, what's supposedly wrong with her laugh?  It seems pretty standard fare. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thing is, what's supposedly wrong with her laugh?  It seems pretty standard fare. 

It’s authentic and infectious and these people don’t like to be happy. They want everyone else to be miserable like them 

• Hook 'Em 7

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I think Biden really thought he could pull this off up until Pelosi and Schumer and painted the picture for him. They were putting him out there with Lester Holt and other outlets like he hadn't in the last year-plus in an effort to make the debate seem like an anomaly. It wasn't so he did the noble thing, which he's always done.

Agree with this-I suspect Biden’s handlers found themselves backed into allowing more public appearances by their candidate, who hadn’t realized just how sheltered he had been until the post debate reaction.  It just kind of lined up in the way you hoped it would go-“Well, Mr President, if you still feel fit for the job and the public perception improves then our problem is solved.  If it reinforces that of the debate and numbers continue to decline, well that solves a problem, too.”

Biden is no master strategist on this-it was all just beautiful chaos but no less remarkable for lacking a guiding hand.  

I’m also a little hopeful that the previous Harris criticism that she’s a bad people manager is at least somewhat tempered by inheriting Biden campaign staff.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

It’s authentic and infectious and these people don’t like to be happy. They want everyone else to be miserable like them 

Correct.  The only acceptable laughter is if you are laughing at someone poorer or more vulnerable than you.  Without embedded cruelty, what's the point in laughing?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

They were playing from the old man/ladies' tees.

Wow so Mr. Alpha Male plays from the ladies tees?

Lemme guess, Trump wanted to play from the tips but Dechambeau insisted on playing from the ladies tees.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I still find them boring. I’ll watch the VP speech and Kamala’s speech. I don’t need to see or care what the deputy director of dicks in Los Angeles has to say 

I said it was watchable, I didn't say I was going to watch it.

On 7/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

He’s already called her crazy. It’s probably just a matter of time before he calls her “nasty.” 

That didn’t take long. Trump cleared that hurdle today during a press call at Mar-Lago:

“She was by far the nastiest to Joe Biden. I was so surprised that he took her,” Trump said. “There was nobody nastier than her. She played the race card at a level that you rarely see, and she really was very nasty to him, and then he picked her. So I don't get that exactly now. They act like they're great friends, but you don't really recover from that.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/23/donald-trump-commits-to-a-debate-calls-her-kamala-harris-radical/74517983007/

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That didn’t take long. Trump cleared that hurdle today during a press call at Mar-Lago:

“She was by far the nastiest to Joe Biden. I was so surprised that he took her,” Trump said. “There was nobody nastier than her. She played the race card at a level that you rarely see, and she really was very nasty to him, and then he picked her. So I don't get that exactly now. They act like they're great friends, but you don't really recover from that.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/23/donald-trump-commits-to-a-debate-calls-her-kamala-harris-radical/74517983007/

Trump might be shocked to know that Lincoln actually put people who hated him and disagreed with him on his cabinet. 

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

“You don’t recover from that.” 

assholes like him don’t recover. Normal people understand it’s politics and move on. 

• Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Keep it up, old white dinosaurs. Minorities love this. They will def vote for you now 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

assholes like him don’t recover. Normal people understand it’s politics and move on. 

Yeah I can’t imagine going against a primary opponent and then picking them as VP and becoming great friends.  Reagan/Bush. Obama/Biden. Biden/Harris. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Trump's running mate called him America's Hitler, amongst other things. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Vance was pretty nasty to Trump. Still picked him.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Vance was pretty nasty to Trump. Still picked him.

That's a great retort and exactly what Kamala needs to say when he tries this crap at the debate which may or may not be happening. Hell, do it now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

That's a great retort and exactly what Kamala needs to say when he tries this crap at the debate which may or may not be happening. Hell, do it now. 

“We had a spirited back and forth at a primary debate. At least I didn’t call him America’s Hitler”

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Has Trump ever called a man "nasty" or is that just reserved for women?

• Hook 'Em 2