2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

"Why do 40 of your former cabinet members think you are unfit for office?"

If there is a debate, Kamala should read off every quote from those who said it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

If there is a debate, Kamala should read off every quote from those who said it. 

Dems should have billboards with the quotes in every battleground state.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Social media might will Andy Beshear to the VP slot. This is who the people want, and Kamala is For the People. 

Was just on MSNBC that Beshear is now “Under Consideration” for VP per a campaign source.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

34 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Trump might be shocked to know that Lincoln actually put people who hated him and disagreed with him on his cabinet. 

“Yeah, well that Lincoln guy was a loser.  He took the bullet in his head where someone great like me with my cat like ninja reflexes avoided the assassins bullet.  Plus he makes a shitty car, except for the Continental.  That was a beauty with the big tire on the trunk”.    -Trump

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The FEC is still figuring out complaints from 2016 lol

By the time this gets deadlocked at the FEC and works its way through the courts, we are going to be game planning 2032 election. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Was just on MSNBC that Beshear is now “Under Consideration” for VP per a campaign source.

ABC said a "source" told them Shapiro and Kelly were the top two.

Conclusion: We don't know shit.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with any of them. They all have pros/cons, and Kamala's pick will at least give us a little insight into her way of thinking.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

I voted for him when he ran for Governor of Kentucky in 2019 and would happily vote for him again as the VP candidate.  

• Hook 'Em 2

https://www.semafor.com/article/07/23/2024/the-upside-for-harris-is-huge-democratic-poll-finds-kamala-needs-to-define-her-brand-quickly

“Voters have a very limited perception of Harris: liberal, prosecutor,” said Blueprint lead pollster Evan Roth Smith, who surveyed 1537 registered voters on July 21 and 22. “Their concerns are largely limited to standard concerns over being left-leaning generally, and some specific immigration concerns, all of which can be quickly assuaged by proactive early signaling.”

The polling, shared first with Semafor, found Harris starting the general election with some big strengths on social issues. Asked what issue they associated with Harris, 52% said “abortion and birth control,” a sign that the vice president’s years-long campaigning against the Dobbs decision had sunk in

Harris was weaker on public safety issues, with 32% of voters citing “crime” and 29% citing “immigration and the border” when asked for an association. Fifty percent of independents worried that Harris would let migrants cross the border illegally. Latino voters, narrowly, trusted Trump more than Harris on immigration, continuing a pattern that showed up in post-2021 polling that tested President Biden in a rematch with Trump.

Republicans have already promised to focus on those issues as they work to define Harris. But Blueprint found an opening for the vice president on economic issues. Harris and Trump were tied, 50-50, when voters were asked which candidate would do a better job “bringing down prices” on goods and services.

“The upside for Harris is huge: voters do not hold her accountable for Biden’s perceived failures on inflation, and she can run hard on economic messaging,” said Roth Smith.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Is this forreals?

If dotard loss any of Nimratra’s voters and any of rocketboi’s cult, he’s turbo fucked.  I know we always say Rs will always fall back in line and pull the lever no matter what, but I don’t think those Haley supporters are fucking around.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shakahorn said:

Wow so Mr. Alpha Male plays from the ladies tees?

Lemme guess, Trump wanted to play from the tips but Dechambeau insisted on playing from the ladies tees.

My bet is Trump plays from the closest "men's" tees at his courses, which is perfectly normal for a morbidly obese man of his age. No real shame in that. But club champions are hitting drives further than 190 yards. Trump pulled an 8-iron for a 110-yard hole.

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

ABC said a "source" told them Shapiro and Kelly were the top two.

Conclusion: We don't know shit.

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with any of them. They all have pros/cons, and Kamala's pick will at least give us a little insight into her way of thinking.

Man, this is just like following a coaching search! Night crew, assemble!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

My bet is Trump plays from the closest "men's" tees at his courses, which is perfectly normal for a morbidly obese man of his age. No real shame in that. But club champions are hitting drives further than 190 yards. Trump pulled an 8-iron for a 110-yard hole.

Man, this is just like following a coaching search! Night crew, assemble!

image.jpeg.c70a65683516fe8298009ed053f4a2cd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Hefeweizen said:

Regarding Elmo, did anyone actually think he’d follow through?  So he did this, got pantsed by Newsom, and then backed down anyway.  What a loser.

Just like he tried to back out of buying twitter until they sued him

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Or calling people pedo when they ignore his stupid advice.  He’s just a worthless sack of shit who got lucky with his investments.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Their earnings call was apparently a disaster and the stock is down 8% this evening.  He probably couldn't afford the "donation" any more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking back at Dave Chappelle's Clayton Bigby skit, it feels like Dave had a time machine - too many red hats and Trump supporters in a skit that aired in 20 years ago...white people and hats.

image.thumb.png.e7d9f370d6b0e420b432d438703e0f64.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Has Trump ever called a man "nasty" or is that just reserved for women?

I can’t think of any examples. I can only recall him saying it about women, and women of color more often than not. That’s why it was such an easy prediction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can’t think of any examples. I can only recall him saying it about women, and women of color more often than not. That’s why it was such an easy prediction. 

I'm fully expecting him to say something along the lines of, "how can we trust her not to get us into a war during 'that time of the month'?"

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harris and Trump were tied, 50-50, when voters were asked which candidate would do a better job “bringing down prices” on goods and services.

Lulz.  Trump would be such a disaster on inflation between fucking with the fed and his protectionist bullshit.  Of course Biden wasn't in any hurry to reverse anything.  Yay, populism!

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So the White Women for Harris call is Thursday night at 8:30 pm ET. We have tickets for Oh, Mary! at the same time. I will get the two white women and the one gay white man I am attending with to donate in lieu of our attendance. All my donations will be $47.

C'mon Ms Moneybags, you can do better than that.

My YouTube algorithm is losing it's mind the last few days. Steady push of crazy ass repub conspiracy accounts, tucker drivel and drump bullshit. I will admit I watch a bunch of gun stuff, car stuff and farming channels among my stream of Longhorn and random video gaming stuff. Never seen it go this crazy, just random stuff I will neg from time to time.  I also noticed my kids youtube had some random shit poping up that was clearly drump promoters. Youtube kids. Pay attention to your kids people...

I haven't voted for red pill since GW first term (what a fucking dumbass). The algorithm is freaking out. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 hours ago, MrBig said:

My father in law is a Republican who watches Fox News but he’s not MAGA. He tells me Kamala seems like a fun person and it’s nice to see someone in politics who isn’t a grumpy asshole.

If he watches Fox he’s an idiot. The entire channel is nothing but propaganda on the level of what North Korea pumps out. The fact he doesn’t know that is frightening because I seem to recall your FIL is in some position of authority. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm fully expecting him to say something along the lines of, "how can we trust her not to get us into a war during 'that time of the month'?"

“blood coming out of her wherever”

• Rage+1 4