2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

5 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

What happened to woke?  For a few years everyone was bitching about how everything was woke!  I wondered if they were sleeping before they were woke.

I think Rhonda killed it

Awkward Ron Desantis GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Man, so much world changing news, yet a huge chunk of this board isn’t posting on it at all.  I’m sure it’s not because they’re ashamed to be backing a bunch of racists.  It’s mainly because they’re above politics.  Rightttttt

No it's because they are trying to not go hard "n"

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Man, so much world changing news, yet a huge chunk of this board isn’t posting on it at all.  I’m sure it’s not because they’re ashamed to be backing a bunch of racists.  It’s mainly because they’re above politics.  Rightttttt

We all know who got like 90 likes on the football board for throwing a shitfit about someone not being dramatic enough in alluding to Trump's assasation attempt

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I learned tonight from my FIL that Vance used to not like Trump because he bought into all of the "bullshit", but then he saw the great job Trump did and realized how great he is.  He doesn't even consider that there may be a different explanation.

Yeah, that administration did a bang up job and left the country in great shape.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

It is 2024, right? Not 1924 or even 1824?

Her race isn't her platform, of course, but Republicans are obsessed with it. The two things that they can't NOT talk about ---- Kamala's relationship/sexual history and her race ---- are two loser takes with the large majority of Americans. 

Some Republicans will be unable to resist calling her a whore, and it's going to go very badly for the rest of them, who will be tarred with that misogynist brush. 

Donald has nothing if not for the politics of personal attacks, and Kamala's going to render most of the avenues useless to him.  She has two things that Hillary didn't have: her race and a lack of history.  

There's no Swift Boat coming to save them, although they are definitely going to try to find an ex-boyfriend of hers to pay a lot of money to cast doubt on her character. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

I learned tonight from my FIL that Vance used to not like Trump because he bought into all of the "bullshit", but then he saw the great job Trump did and realized how great he is.  He doesn't even consider that there may be a different explanation.

#anal

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They are on Grindr scoring drugs

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Someone unthread suggested just calling it all 44 and let them try to correct it. That would be spectacular. 

I actually do something very similar wrt to the lawsuits challenging the 2020 election.  I say 'the R's filed 70+ something lawsuits and lost every single one of them.' And sometimes a 'smart' guy will say, no they actually won one.  Which turned out to be moot.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s all just the N word. 

I always imagine that everytime one of them says “DEI” on national television, they go back to their office, pour a mint julep, and get on a call with trunp looking like this

Leonardo Dicaprio Calvin Candie GIF

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Jesus christ. There are 74 million that vote for that in our country. WHAT.THE.FUCK.

I will never understand it on a rational basis. Our fellow American pines for a traitorous pretend strongman in diapers. No kink shaming intended.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chult86 said:

I don't post all that often, though don't mistake that for not enjoying this board's discourse, OUsucks/Texags point and laughs, and quality original content on a frequent basis.

I haven't felt this sort of enthusiasm about the future of the country in over eight years. Same for my wife. We've been on a road trip the last two days and as such have gotten to digest this with each other seeing the news, subsequent endorsements, and then today's speech.

Let me backtrack a few weeks... The despair really came to fruition the night of the debate. It wasn't THAT bad, it was the worst possible performance other than pissing yourself on stage. Watching it that night, my wife and I first shared feelings of shock. Again, it wasn't as bad as it had been rumored, it was somehow worse. We (and the entire country) knew that night that the only way Biden could win the election would be to get enough anti-Trump people to GOTV. However, that was going to be next to impossible given the level of enthusiasm with the campaign as soon as they walked off the stage that night. We realized that night that Trump had gone from likely longshot odds to win, to a position where even he probably couldn't screw up the next few months bad enough to lose.

Those feelings were soon replaced by frustration and anger. Anger at the DNC for forcing Biden to run again and not spending his term as a true transitional leader and prepare the next generation to lead. Let's be 100% honest: There is nothing about "what the people want" less than forcing two basically octogenarians onto us for the choice to lead the free world for the next four years. Two candidates who wouldn't live long enough to see the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of their policies. Two candidates who should be retired, not running for the most stressful job in the world. Between Daycare and Health Insurance premiums, we are close to $30,000/year, and that's assuming everyone stays healthy. That's our floor. People on Medicare with a supplement pay usually no more than $5k/year, and that's their ceiling. So when the debate question about Childcare got skipped over completely with nary a word related to the topic at all from either candidate, further resignation and apathy about the ridiculousness of how parts of our country operate set in.

As a Millennial, going through 9/11 in high school (Biology class when the news hit), graduating college into the Great Recession and competing against literal MBAs for entry level jobs, to finally COVID. How fortunate are we to live through three "once in a generation" events between the times most of us are between the ages of 20 and 40, in our prime earning years. We know that the "Dad was a milkman and supported a family of four in a 3/2 suburbia and vacationed every year" was a literal thing. We know how far behind we are, thanks to decades of policy decisions that just continued to cut the bottom rungs off of the ladder one at a time. In exchange for going through that, our choices for the next four years were these two guys... again... just four years older. In what world are Millennials and Gen Z supposed to think that the American Dream exists in any fashion whatsoever? While older generations expressed dismay at Gen Z not savings and spending for experiences now, us Millennials were like "Ya... we get it. We probably should have done more of that ourselves at your age."

The "We're Not Going Back" line is great. We don't want to go back to the same old drawing board of "Thoughts & Prayers about your most recent shooting" and "It'll trickle down this time, we promise!". It hasn't worked, it isn't working, and it won't work. Is Kamala perfect? No. Will she deliver on half of her campaign promises? Doubtful, depends on the down ballot results mostly. Is she a breath of fresh air to anyone begging for a choice to vote for someone else? Abso-fucking-lutely. Somehow, Nikki Haley likely had it right when said "The first party to retire their 80-year old candidate will win this election." Even if she only delivers on 25% of her promises, that would be a substantial step forward, compared to the regression we'd see under Trump.

I didn't expect this post to be this long. In a way, it was sort of cathartic to write out the generalized frustrations of the last several years. But oddly... that desire to write this out is because I'm finally, FINALLY optimistic about our future in a real way. In a way where there might be a chance that I won't have to worry about my son in school doing active shooter drills, where we might not benefit from Universal Child Care, but future generations will, because they should. Where if someone changes jobs they aren't risking financial ruin before their next set of benefits kicks in, because again, be honest... no one pays the ridiculous COBRA premiums unless they are already in a situation where it's needed.

Stop trying to fix the old ladder. Just build a fucking new one.

Tired Back To School GIF by Originals

41 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Bruh, I was busy crushing beta soy boys, and working my lats. Bruh

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Can we ease up with the tweets that directly, intentionally misrepresent what's being said in the video? Trump says enough heinous shit without having to twist it around.

44 minutes ago, TexasHooch said:

And people wonder why my stance is to never speak to MAGA, there is not mental contortion they will refuse to do.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

No, man.  Why would their viewership respect him for telling them what they don't want to hear? They just forget what he said and remember that they hate the gay guy.

Pete appeals to literally two types of people: (1) grandmas who love what a nice respectful and high achiever boy he is and who want to pinch his cheeks, and (2) liberal political perverts who love to watch him dunk on bad Republican arguments.  The second happens to be most of the posters on this board, but we're very fucking far from the average undecided American voter.   

I love the term "political pervert."  Hat tip.  Bravo.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Chult86 said:

I don't post all that often, though don't mistake that for not enjoying this board's discourse, OUsucks/Texags point and laughs, and quality original content on a frequent basis.

I haven't felt this sort of enthusiasm about the future of the country in over eight years. Same for my wife. We've been on a road trip the last two days and as such have gotten to digest this with each other seeing the news, subsequent endorsements, and then today's speech.

Let me backtrack a few weeks... The despair really came to fruition the night of the debate. It wasn't THAT bad, it was the worst possible performance other than pissing yourself on stage. Watching it that night, my wife and I first shared feelings of shock. Again, it wasn't as bad as it had been rumored, it was somehow worse. We (and the entire country) knew that night that the only way Biden could win the election would be to get enough anti-Trump people to GOTV. However, that was going to be next to impossible given the level of enthusiasm with the campaign as soon as they walked off the stage that night. We realized that night that Trump had gone from likely longshot odds to win, to a position where even he probably couldn't screw up the next few months bad enough to lose.

Those feelings were soon replaced by frustration and anger. Anger at the DNC for forcing Biden to run again and not spending his term as a true transitional leader and prepare the next generation to lead. Let's be 100% honest: There is nothing about "what the people want" less than forcing two basically octogenarians onto us for the choice to lead the free world for the next four years. Two candidates who wouldn't live long enough to see the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of their policies. Two candidates who should be retired, not running for the most stressful job in the world. Between Daycare and Health Insurance premiums, we are close to $30,000/year, and that's assuming everyone stays healthy. That's our floor. People on Medicare with a supplement pay usually no more than $5k/year, and that's their ceiling. So when the debate question about Childcare got skipped over completely with nary a word related to the topic at all from either candidate, further resignation and apathy about the ridiculousness of how parts of our country operate set in.

As a Millennial, going through 9/11 in high school (Biology class when the news hit), graduating college into the Great Recession and competing against literal MBAs for entry level jobs, to finally COVID. How fortunate are we to live through three "once in a generation" events between the times most of us are between the ages of 20 and 40, in our prime earning years. We know that the "Dad was a milkman and supported a family of four in a 3/2 suburbia and vacationed every year" was a literal thing. We know how far behind we are, thanks to decades of policy decisions that just continued to cut the bottom rungs off of the ladder one at a time. In exchange for going through that, our choices for the next four years were these two guys... again... just four years older. In what world are Millennials and Gen Z supposed to think that the American Dream exists in any fashion whatsoever? While older generations expressed dismay at Gen Z not savings and spending for experiences now, us Millennials were like "Ya... we get it. We probably should have done more of that ourselves at your age."

The "We're Not Going Back" line is great. We don't want to go back to the same old drawing board of "Thoughts & Prayers about your most recent shooting" and "It'll trickle down this time, we promise!". It hasn't worked, it isn't working, and it won't work. Is Kamala perfect? No. Will she deliver on half of her campaign promises? Doubtful, depends on the down ballot results mostly. Is she a breath of fresh air to anyone begging for a choice to vote for someone else? Abso-fucking-lutely. Somehow, Nikki Haley likely had it right when said "The first party to retire their 80-year old candidate will win this election." Even if she only delivers on 25% of her promises, that would be a substantial step forward, compared to the regression we'd see under Trump.

I didn't expect this post to be this long. In a way, it was sort of cathartic to write out the generalized frustrations of the last several years. But oddly... that desire to write this out is because I'm finally, FINALLY optimistic about our future in a real way. In a way where there might be a chance that I won't have to worry about my son in school doing active shooter drills, where we might not benefit from Universal Child Care, but future generations will, because they should. Where if someone changes jobs they aren't risking financial ruin before their next set of benefits kicks in, because again, be honest... no one pays the ridiculous COBRA premiums unless they are already in a situation where it's needed.

Stop trying to fix the old ladder. Just build a fucking new one.

As a white, “last year of the baby boom” boomer, who held senior exec business roles, I’m furious at the boomers and business executives in this country who just don’t understand what you’ve written. The data is all there. 

For me, it all became obvious when I realized my kids couldn’t afford a car because the price had gone up 12x from when I bought my first car, but the hourly wage they made in their part time job was the SAME as what I made at that age. From that point on, I was no longer blind to the challenges of the generations after me. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Which one of you mofos is starting the White Men for Harris call?

👀👀💀

I’m working on a Dudes for Doug teams meeting. #We’reTrying

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

CNN Breaking News: Trump campaign files FEC complaint against Harris saying she can’t use Biden’s campaign cash

And the speed at which the FEC handles these, it will be 2032 or later 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1