2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

CNN Breaking News: Trump campaign files FEC complaint against Harris saying she can’t use Biden’s campaign cash

This is so silly. This was all figured out weeks, if not months, ago. The very reason Harris made the most sense is specifically because she would have access to the war chest by law. They are grasping at smoke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is so silly. This was all figured out weeks, if not months, ago. The very reason Harris made the most sense is specifically because she would have access to the war chest by law. They are grasping at smoke. 

Or the trunp campaign is just going by that tweet @LTbear posted up thread and trying to run with it without doing their research. Elie Honig doesn’t think it will go anywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Also, she is clearly using the 250mil she just raised to bridge the gap until the war chest is transferred. 

Suck it trump cucks.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Pancho said:

Or the trunp campaign is just going by that tweet @LTbear posted up thread and trying to run with it without doing their research. Elie Honig doesn’t think it will go anywhere. 

It’s called desperation 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Js1 said:

He looks like he'll hire your school it's 6th choice for a head football coach while touting blended increases on your ticket prices. 

too soon

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That didn’t take long. Trump cleared that hurdle today during a press call at Mar-Lago:

“She was by far the nastiest to Joe Biden. I was so surprised that he took her,” Trump said. “There was nobody nastier than her. She played the race card at a level that you rarely see, and she really was very nasty to him, and then he picked her. So I don't get that exactly now. They act like they're great friends, but you don't really recover from that.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/23/donald-trump-commits-to-a-debate-calls-her-kamala-harris-radical/74517983007/

Sen. Ted Cruz makes calls at Tarrant County Republican Headquarters -  YouTube

25 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Look, just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean he isn't entitled to a date night. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Given the torrent like speed of the election cycle, it's hard to step back and take a broader look, but I was just exchanging texts with a friend and he reminded me that the Trump assassination attempt was only 10 days ago.  You'd think a normal human would be affected in some way by such a profound event in their life.

This guy is EXACTLY the same as he was before, if not even worse in rhetoric.  This is not behavior of a normal human, +/- a million standard deviations.

It's difficult to fathom how horrible of a person he is and the English language (or my vocabulary) is insufficient to the task.

He’s a narcissist and a sociopath. He’s not hard to figure out. He’s incapable of change.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasHooch said:

I learned tonight from my FIL that Vance used to not like Trump because he bought into all of the "bullshit", but then he saw the great job Trump did and realized how great he is.  He doesn't even consider that there may be a different explanation.

Ask them to define the "bullshit" without using other code words like "woke" or "DEI."  Then ask them to point to specific things that constitute the "great job" Trump did.

We're honestly quite lucky that we didn't have more crises during the Trump presidency.

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

CNN Breaking News: Trump campaign files FEC complaint against Harris saying she can’t use Biden’s campaign cash

Okay. Though I doubt she'll have a hard time raising the case you take from her. 

52 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Can we ease up with the tweets that directly, intentionally misrepresent what's being said in the video? Trump says enough heinous shit without having to twist it around.

Yea let's not go down Elmo/Twitter/x/asshat road.

This will turn into a VY destination thread before you know it.

Dipshits 

Edited by MissingInAction

14 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

They won’t take shit. It’s Biden campaign cash, it’s Biden/Harris campaign cash. She’s already on the ticket. It’s her cash. 

all Trump lawsuits are now being filed with hopes of getting it in front of the Supreme Court. I’d bet SC staff are back channeling information down, what to say in your lawsuit, where to file. 

the same Supreme Court said a president trump can do pretty much whatever he wants. A man above the law  

file, baby file !!!

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That didn’t take long. Trump cleared that hurdle today during a press call at Mar-Lago:

“She was by far the nastiest to Joe Biden. I was so surprised that he took her,” Trump said. “There was nobody nastier than her. She played the race card at a level that you rarely see, and she really was very nasty to him, and then he picked her. So I don't get that exactly now. They act like they're great friends, but you don't really recover from that.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/07/23/donald-trump-commits-to-a-debate-calls-her-kamala-harris-radical/74517983007/

He likes the word "nasty" in his limited vocabulary.  You know Harris has a comeback for this that Hillary didn't.

"She's nasty."

"Yes, Miss Harris if you're nasty."

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can’t think of any examples. I can only recall him saying it about women, and women of color more often than not. That’s why it was such an easy prediction. 

Well Trump only has about 17 adjectives in his brain, most of them one or two syllables, so it's a matter of him going with the one he thinks is best. "Lessee ... uh ... crooked? No.  Sleepy?  No.  Little? No. Lyin'? No .. hmmm Nasty?  That's it, That's the one because she's a woman and she's black so she's probably nasty!"  

• Hook 'Em 1

They won’t take shit. It’s Biden campaign cash, it’s Biden/Harris campaign cash. She’s already on the ticket. It’s her cash. 

Let them take it. Based on the last couple of days, she’ll have it back by the end of the weekend.

54 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

As a white, “last year of the baby boom” boomer, who held senior exec business roles, I’m furious at the boomers and business executives in this country who just don’t understand what you’ve written. The data is all there. 

For me, it all became obvious when I realized my kids couldn’t afford a car because the price had gone up 12x from when I bought my first car, but the hourly wage they made in their part time job was the SAME as what I made at that age. From that point on, I was no longer blind to the challenges of the generations after me. 

I have no idea how my girls will be able to afford to live in the city they grew up in if they choose a career in something like public service like their Mom and I.

Edited by TexEx15
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

Given the torrent like speed of the election cycle, it's hard to step back and take a broader look, but I was just exchanging texts with a friend and he reminded me that the Trump assassination attempt was only 10 days ago.  You'd think a normal human would be affected in some way by such a profound event in their life.

This guy is EXACTLY the same as he was before, if not even worse in rhetoric.  This is not behavior of a normal human, +/- a million standard deviations.

It's difficult to fathom how horrible of a person he is and the English language (or my vocabulary) is insufficient to the task.

You would also think it would still be major news, but it isn't because Trump is just too shitty for anyone to really care about someone shooting at him and missing.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They truly can’t help themselves. Deal with anyone who isn’t a white male: DEI!!!!!
They’re so fucking intellectually lazy. They’re not even clever racists.

You are seeing this permeate amongst the GOP. They blame both real and imagined problems on non-white males for nearly everything

listen in any congressional committee, the insinuation is always that the fuck up wouldn't have occurred if white men were in charge.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 6:28 PM, C-Man said:

I’ve seen it a bit before and now it’s really starting to show on MAGA and right-wing social media — calling Kamala a DEI hire and/or insinuating that she’s risen to her position by performing from her knees. It’s absolutely disgusting.

And since Biden stepped down it’s only gotten worse.

On 7/10/2024 at 6:47 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

Just wait until Mike Johnson launches an impeachment inquiry.

Not Mike Johnson and not an impeachment inquiry but close enough. The Trumpublicans are just too predictable.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4788663-andy-ogles-impeachment-articles-kamala-harris/

Tennessee Republican files articles of impeachment against Harris

Rep. Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.) filed articles of impeachment against Vice President Harris on Tuesday, as Republicans ramp up attacks while she launches a presidential campaign.

The filing expands on previously introduced articles that target Harris’s record on immigration, a GOP rallying cryagainst the vice president.

He added a second article in the new filing, which claims Harris covered up President Biden’s mental well-being, constituting a “breach of public trust.” While Biden ended his reelection campaign Monday, he has maintained that he will finish his term and is in good health.

“Kamala Devi Harris has knowingly misled the people of the United States and the Congress of the United States, principally to obfuscate the physical and cognitive well-being of the President of the United States, Joe Biden,” the filing reads.

You would also think it would still be major news, but it isn't because Trump is just too shitty for anyone to really care about someone shooting at him and missing.

It’s why I really don’t think there would have a civil war if the dude didn’t miss. Dumbass violence. Absolutely. But critical mass for a sustained conflict. Nah.

The civil war is much more likely to jump off if he wins and starts to do all the shitty things he tells you he is going to do. The masses will only tolerate that for so long.
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Ok, he's got my vote for VP.  We need someone that doesn't pull punches and also sounds like a god damn exasperated human being while doing so.  Seriously, that's the thing that has made me so insane for the past 8 years.  It's one thing to say how these people are bad for democracy, but it's another to do it with actual emotion and coming to the brink of Mugatu asking if you're taking crazy pills.  That's a good thing, imo.

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ok, he's got my vote for VP.  We need someone that doesn't pull punches and also sounds like a god damn exasperated human being while doing so.  Seriously, that's the thing that has made me so insane for the past 8 years.  It's one thing to say how these people are bad for democracy, but it's another to do it with actual emotion and coming to the brink of Mugatu asking if you're taking crazy pills.  That's a good thing, imo.

Totally agree. It's effective.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, tokamak said:

The Trump Campaign/GOP certainly know that the campaign finance stuff is bullshit. They’re not challenging it to win and prevent her from getting the money. It’s just to plant the seeds for the next conspiracy theory. Y’all should all know how this works by now. 

Yes, we're in the flood the zone stage. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I have them on ignore but have icono and fatty been seen lately? Do we need a wellness check?

Right here. Coming to grips with having to support Kamala if she’s bringing back the Vortex bottles…

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Kamala’s team needs to produce nothing.  He’s the gift that keeps giving.  Like herpes but infinitely worse…

They should troll him and offer to pay for one of his rallies.  It won’t land one more vote for him but it will confuse and embarrass his ignorant ass.  

• Hook 'Em 1