2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

I saw a political ad over the weekend from a guy running for congress and in the scripted, taped, ad he says “bullshit” in the context of “bullshit regulation” or similar. Bleeped, but still. Obviously calculated as a good old boy speaks plain and direct. 

But apparently her swearing (and laughing, they made sure to caption the laughs) is horrible. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And this this this.  Direct.  Plain.  No fear.  When the time is right, maybe in a debate, don't be afraid to say "stop being such an asshole."  Let the MAGAs clutch their pearls -- MAGAs don't matter.  They are lost, irrelevant, and losers.  Everyone else matters.  And everyone else can be motivated by someone who stands up for what's good and right and doesn't fucking apologize or back down.

Fair.  But I'm undecided until I see video of Kamala giving her husband a handjob in the middle of an off-Broadway play.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Perhaps my favorite part about Harris winning would be Trump realizing he won't get pardoned.

She should tell him that to his face in a debate. "And just so you understand Donald, I promise America right here and now that I will never pardon you for any of your potential Federal convictions."

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

I was watching Morning Joe this morning and one of the reporters was interviewing a group of Trump supporters about Kamala. It was the same stuff about how ignorant she is and yada, yada. But the conspiracy theories started to come out about how possibly she knew all about Biden's health and that possibly this was all calculated about when she would come in. It's going to get real ugly, real ugly.  Meanwhile Fat Poopy Pants is out there playing golf.

I love how so many fucking morons are dementia experts in 2024. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

"But let's make that son of a bitch deny it."  Lyndon B. Johnson

THISTHISTHIS.

Fucking attack.  Always, relentlessly, do not pause to take a breath.  FLOOD.  THE.   ZONE.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And hey....hispanics who right now support team Trump....think that over really, really, REALLY fucking hard. Because that's what think of you, too.  They would happily dispatch all of our brown asses -- citizens, schmitizens -- right this second if they were in power.  THEY HATE YOU.  THEY THINK YOUR MERE PRESENCE HERE "POISONS THE BLOOD OF OUR COUNTRY."  THEY DO NOT THINK YOU ARE "REAL AMERICANS."  Just...fucking....STOP with your support of these assholes.  The hate you, they will fuck you over, and dance for joy as they do it.

This is the part I never get.  Not just hispanics, all minorities. You think you're safe?  No, you're next.  I never laughed so much as when an Asian woman (no pics assholes) told me "I can't be next, I'm a naturalized US citizen."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

This is the part I never get.  Not just hispanics, all minorities. You think you're safe?  No, you're next.  I never laughed so much as when an Asian woman (no pics assholes) told me "I can't be next, I'm a naturalized US citizen."

Naturalized citizens are the DUMBEST of fucking people voting for Trump.  At least minorities/kids of immigrants who were born here are "natural born citizens."  There has never been a legal basis for stripping someone of their birthright citizenship (although the Trump admin ACTUALLY MADE A FUCKING RUN AT DOING SO, FOR HISPANICS BORN IN US BORDER HOSPITALS DECADES AGO -- TRUE FACT).  But there is absolutely a process for denaturalizing someone, including on the basis of being a member of a "subversive organization."  Is there a near-goddamned-certainty that the new Trump admin will deem "the Democratic party" or even "any group based on your status as a minority (so NAACP, Asian-American groups, etc.)" to be "subversive organizations" so they can deport the fuck out of any naturalized citizen who is a member?  Fuck yes.

Leopards gonna eat her fucking face.  How do we know this?  Because the head leopards are all over the place saying "we're absolutely going to eat all the minority faces."

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, South Austin said:

"But let's make that son of a bitch deny it."  Lyndon B. Johnson

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

THISTHISTHIS.

Fucking attack.  Always, relentlessly, do not pause to take a breath.  FLOOD.  THE.   ZONE.

DJTK5H

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Two nights in a row with Pete on TV. Before both interviews started the host mentioned that Buttigieg was there in a private capacity, not as Secretary. Gives himself cover to go after these motherfuckers. Haha, love it. 

13 hours ago, immamac said:

MOARRRRRRRRR holy shit this is gonna be awesome. He's so god damn good at eliminating bullshit. 

Man I love Pete. He is the best communicator in all of politics right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

J.D. knows about addiction.  It's a big part of his best-selling book set mainly in opioid country in Eastern Ohio, Western PA, WV, etc.  

It starts with a billowy Love Seat, then you're onto pleather sofas, and the next thing you know---you're at a 12-seat modular sectional orgy.  

• Haha 5

Just now, YGIFS said:

J.D. knows about addiction.  It's a big part of his best-selling book set mainly in opioid country in Eastern Ohio, Western PA, WV, etc.  

It starts with a billowy Love Seat, then you're onto pleather sofas, and the next thing you know---you're at a 12-seat modular sectional orgy.  

I TOLD Y'ALL CONVERSATION PITS ARE DENS OF SIN!

27T.003C.jpg

....which is why I really, really want one.

• Haha 6
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

Explains why students at tOSU burn their couches... leave no trace.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

...everyone else can be motivated by someone who stands up for what's good and right and doesn't fucking apologize or back down.

Long term we do have to reconcile with each other, but this is the important part before the election. I would like Kamala to come out and literally say, "Its time to call a spade a spade where Donald Trump is concerned -- the man is a serial liar, fraud and criminal."  Go ahead and use the racist dog whistle against him and take away the shock value that Trump gets with his base when he uses them.  DAMN DID YOU HEAR WHAT TRUMP SAID??!! becomes DAMN DID YOU HEAR WHAT KAMALA SAID?!!!  Then present the case for American voters in clear and plain language.

She needs to be smart and intelligent but also ruthless as a competitor.

Edited by Goredho
  • Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The beauty of this is that the Presidential race wasn't the only thing that flipped. Now the conversations amongst friends/family/colleagues have flipped.

After the Biden debate, Trumpers were more eager to discuss politics. They saw an opening to defend their Trump vote and rail on Biden's condition for a few weeks with way less pushback, and I think that had an effect on the overall electorate. Herd mentality is real. Now with Joe out, Dem voters have the mic again and can confidently defend Kamala and re-focus on all the Trump shittiness. 

I think we're probably still a week or two away from the real poll bounce for Kamala. 

Ain’t no defending, just prosecution 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Man I love Pete. He is the best communicator in all of politics right now. 

He is really great. Kinda OT but my former state rep James Talarico (redistricted out of my burb by the fascist Texas GOP) has a lot of the same qualities as a politician as Mayor Pete. I'd really like to see him have a higher profile in national politics because he's that good. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Imagine being an old school Republican in your 60s or 70s with your country club membership and framed photo of Saint Reagan on the wall behind your desk. You fucking hate Donald, but you hate communist demoncrats even more. You just need a little push to get excited about the election and Donald chooses Dan Patrick with a beard who drinks diet mountain dew, fucks couches, and wrote a book titled hillbilly elegy. How fucking demoralizing 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Just now, nbmishoid said:

Ain’t no defending, just prosecution 

This.  Drive a fucking armored attack vehicle that only has forward gears, no reverse.  And let that cannon rip till the barrel gets fucking red-hot.

• Hook 'Em 2

CNN has Trump+3 but this was also Trump +6 last month. They just re-polled the same people as last time. Didn’t read into crosstabs or whatever, but a 3 point shift towards Harris in a couple days is very good 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Explains why students at tOSU burn their couches... leave no trace.

Some states have rape kit backlogs.  Ohio has an Upholstery Stain removal kit backlog.

DIBS ON "SEXUAL SECTIONAL" for my new band name/discount furniture emporium

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Drive a fucking armored attack vehicle that only has forward gears, no reverse.  And let that cannon rip till the barrel gets fucking red-hot.

Here’s where Slim Pickens praising Gov Lepetomain’s purty talking would be appropriate 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

On all the polls, remember that since Dobbs, there has been a silent 5-8 point advantage to the Democratic candidates meaning if the polling is tied, it's really Dem +5.

I don't trust the polls even a little bit.  Not in a bad way, not in a good way, just....not at all.  So, the way I see it, we can't see the score during the game.  We have no reliable way of knowing whether we're winning or losing.  So....let's just ram the fucking ball down their throat and/or crush their goddamned QB on every fucking play.  Run the plays that result in a win.  We'll count the points after the whistle blows, but if you fucking gain 1000 yards and sack the opposing QB 30 times, you'll win the fucking game.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

The good thing is there is no rush to throw someone out there while she’s still re-introducing herself to most voters. Let everyone speculate and do the vetting and announce it prior to and closer to the convention  

Yeah, there’s time. They’re going to be doing polling to test the prospective candidates in all the crucial states. I don’t know who will ultimately get the nod but I trust they’re doing their due diligence and I’ll be happy with whomever they choose. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Perhaps my favorite part about Harris winning would be Trump realizing he won't get pardoned.

You know my favorite part?  It's that somewhere here in Austin on Sunday early afternoon, a certain attorney general who knows he is about to be under federal indictment saw a news alert.  And almost immediately he recognized that his likelihood of spending a significant amount of time in a federal prison increased by at least a factor of ten.

That had to make for quite a downer at brunch.

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Given Vance’s strong conservative Christian views on sexual and reproductive morality, I’m guessing it was a pull-out couch. 

Drums Eye Roll GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These motherfuckers all understand the assignment.  Move forward as one unit.  Execute the mission without faltering, and without mercy.

main-qimg-ae0d33ef13217c952775102a63e09f

And throw this in there for good measure.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

On all the polls, remember that since Dobbs, there has been a silent 5-8 point advantage to the Democratic candidates meaning if the polling is tied, it's really Dem +5.

Splain please.