2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

4 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Having a literal white guy astronaut as Kamala's running mate has to take the sails out of their DEI bs

Lmao it won’t 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Having a literal white guy astronaut as Kamala's running mate has to take the sails out of their DEI bs

Playing with the EC calculator, if she wins NV, AZ, and GA, then all she has to do is win just one of WI, MI, and PA.  Trump would have to sweep all three and that seems like a big ask.

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

I imagine it was a huge weight off his shoulders not having to be POTUS and run an election at his age. Now he can go hog wild at roasting Trump 

Well he kind of still needs to be doing the POTUS thing for a bit longer.

There are a lot of theories why polling has been sandbagging Democrats as of late, the leading two are that phone calls are increasingly not reaching the younger voters and also since polling is NOT scientific but predictive to make money, they don't report the evidence but massage it that is why you get the Likely Voters as the golden standard, they literally cull out younger voters because they stay at home more often even if they say that they are voting D.

TLDR new energized young women voters after Dobbs that polling is not tracking correctly

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

Well he kind of still needs to be doing the POTUS thing for a bit longer.

Despite what everyone has been saying there is zero evidence that Biden can't do his job as POTUS, the problem was the stress of the campaign and the weight of the world on his shoulders probably was too much for him.

• Hook 'Em 8

43 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Lots of protestors outside the Netanyahu speech to Congress.

Gonna go ahead and say, let Shapiro stay in PA. Don't piss off Muslims.

This stuff is what turns of voters that are independent and mostly agree with Bill Maher on cancel culture and woke crap.

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

THISTHISTHIS.

Fucking attack.  Always, relentlessly, do not pause to take a breath.  FLOOD.  THE.   ZONE.

"No retreat.  I don't like paying for the same real estate twice."

turning_image018.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Does Mike Lindell live in Georgetown? He was seated at a table near us in a restaurant with his hickoid family last week and I could hear him blathering on and on about mail in ballots...

Well, someone has to live in Sun City.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Playing with the EC calculator, if she wins NV, AZ, and GA, then all she has to do is win just one of WI, MI, and PA.  Trump would have to sweep all three and that seems like a big ask.

I mean, great, but expecting Harris to win both AZ and GA again seems like a stretch to me. I know AZ horn is optimistic, and I know that AZ has dem SOS installed, but that is a contentious state. And taking GA as a given two elections in a row, no matter how much harris has energized her base there...also feels like far from certain. GA is SEC as fuck man. 

I'm assuming Harris wins 2/3 of the blue wall, and we go from there. 

8 minutes ago, linux said:

There are a lot of theories why polling has been sandbagging Democrats as of late, the leading two are that phone calls are increasingly not reaching the younger voters and also since polling is NOT scientific but predictive to make money, they don't report the evidence but massage it that is why you get the Likely Voters as the golden standard, they literally cull out younger voters because they stay at home more often even if they say that they are voting D.

TLDR new energized young women voters after Dobbs that polling is not tracking correctly

I mean, whe you say it that way, the methodology makes perfect sense, actually...

76ce8742f4d02b4367bb209e980f6ba4.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

SIAP but good on Mayor Pete to call on JD to stfu about childlessness. When you comment on other people not having children, you never know the full story. Many people go through challenges with having children that the public or even friends may not have full awareness. Talking someone down because they don't have kids is immature, cruel and rude.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/23/politics/video/buttigieg-responds-jd-vance-criticism-childless-democrats-sot-scr-digvid

Not to mention that having kids or not is not a prerequisite in being a leader. It's mindboggling that Vance can have such poor critical thinking skills. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, great, but expecting Harris to win both AZ and GA again seems like a stretch to me. I know AZ horn is optimistic, and I know that AZ has dem SOS installed, but that is a contentious state. And taking GA as a given two elections in a row, no matter how much harris has energized her base there...also feels like far from certain. GA is SEC as fuck man. 

I'm assuming Harris wins 2/3 of the blue wall, and we go from there. 

I mean, whe you say it that way, the methodology makes perfect sense, actually...

76ce8742f4d02b4367bb209e980f6ba4.jpg

Shit is weird. I spend a lot of time in Arizona, and I think it's going to continue on the Colorado path and be consistently blue. But what the fuck do I know, I think North Carolina should have flipped before Georgia or Arizona. NC makes no sense to me 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

SIAP but good on Mayor Pete to call on JD to stfu about childlessness. When you comment on other people not having children, you never know the full story. Many people go through challenges with having children that the public or even friends may not have full awareness. Talking someone down because they don't have kids is immature, cruel and rude.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/23/politics/video/buttigieg-responds-jd-vance-criticism-childless-democrats-sot-scr-digvid

Not to mention that having kids or not is not a prerequisite in being a leader. It's mindboggling that Vance can have such poor critical thinking skills. 

trying to rip the vid and embed here, so fucking good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Do not click on her profile if you’re sitting in a crowded CFA across street from SMU. emoji15.png

I'm pretty sure you could bang the racism right outta her.

I mean....you could sure give it a try.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Talk about a sausage fest.

10 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Talk about a sausage fest.

I was the call and one of the most inspiring and compelling speakers was a gay brother from Alpha Kappa Psi. The focus was on getting Kamala elected and nothing else.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Andrew Jackson and Kamala Harris have a lot in common.

First, they would be the only two presidents where neither of their parents were born on the mainland of America.

Second, like George Washington, Andrew Jackson did not have biological children of his own. 

This may make MAGA’s heads explode.

We don't want to lose the Cherokee vote.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

are they gonna draw this shit out like the pubs did and wait till the convention to announce the VP? I hope not.

Why not do it so they get the most momentum. Hell now that the votes will come through Zoom have the convention in late October. (wishful thinking)

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I was the call and one of the most inspiring and compelling speakers was a gay brother from Alpha Kappa Psi. The focus was on getting Kamala elected and nothing else.

Kappa Alpha Psi. My bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

We don't want to lose the Cherokee vote.

According to familysearch, Kamala actually has early American ancestors…going back to 1630’s Massachusetts.  You see what happened was one of the descendants had a kid with that no good white trash Irish slaver Hamilton Brown and they never left Jamaica. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

According to familysearch, Kamala actually has early American ancestors…going back to 1630’s Massachusetts.  You see what happened was one of the descendants had a kid with that no good white trash Irish slaver Hamilton Brown and they never left Jamaica. 

Now do DJT's early American roots. I bet he goes way back.

58 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

This stuff is what turns of voters that are independent and mostly agree with Bill Maher on cancel culture and woke crap.

People who let someone else protesting something that doesn't even involve them keep them from voting are morons. 

More likely they're liars who don't actually care about the protests but use them as a convenient excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1