2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It is my understanding that J.D. Vance has never denied that J.D. Vance fucked 5 couches as a hillbilly.

I'm not sure how she'd spin it, but if Kamala doesn't make "more cushion for the pushin'" one of her catchphrases, I'm going to be very disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oregon Trail Generation. We are real. 

Dude, that game is even older than me.  First time I played it at school, it had already been out for 10-12 years.  It doesn't belong to your "wandering generation"  I was fording rivers and ripping off axles from tourists when you were getting over the dysentery.  Team CARPENTER for the win! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

He wasn’t shot. He was hit with shrapnel from something a bullet hit. I’m convinced of it.

d80a0bd1a9052c29daf7104699428559.jpeg

If 5.56 round went 1/2-1/4" from his head and hit his ear, he would have much more facial damage. Bruising or severe redness. Clearly he had brain trauma so maybe he is using makeup for the redness and it did hit his ear. Who knows.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

i do find it funny that both Trump and Tuberville have pronounced Kamala Harris's name the same as Kamala the Ugandan Giant.  instead of Com-uh-lah, they go with Cum-allah. definitely not an accident. 

015_Kamala-17--07b73bf18f60347ffebc384d3

for real though...is it KA-ma-la, or ka-MA-la? 🤔 i feel like i've heard it various ways but i don't think i've ever heard her actually pronounce it. or if i have i've forgotten.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

for real though...is it KA-ma-la, or ka-MA-la? 🤔 i feel like i've heard it various ways but i don't think i've ever heard her actually pronounce it. or if i have i've forgotten.

It’s Comma-luh. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

If 5.56 round went 1/2-1/4" from his head and hit his ear, he would have much more facial damage. Bruising or severe redness. Clearly he had brain trauma so maybe he is using makeup for the redness and it did hit his ear. Who knows.

Who knows?  Shouldn't the world's greatest ballistics team, the FBI, know?  Every mass shooting event, millions take to the internet to lecture us weapon type, caliber, difficulty of shot(s), scope, etc.  One of the highest profile shootings in American history and that same group is dead silent.  Yet another weird facet to this thing.  Same with failure to bring any PA law enforcement before Congress or to Quantico for interrogation.  It's like Uvalde, massive high profile shooting.  They all gave a statement, there was a press conference, and everybody just went back to get coffee and write speeding tickets.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Who knows?  Shouldn't the world's greatest ballistics team, the FBI, know?  Every mass shooting event, millions take to the internet to lecture us weapon type, caliber, difficulty of shot(s), scope, etc.  One of the highest profile shootings in American history and that same group is dead silent.  Yet another weird facet to this thing.  Same with failure to bring any PA law enforcement before Congress or to Quantico for interrogation.  It's like Uvalde, massive high profile shooting.  They all gave a statement, there was a press conference, and everybody just went back to get coffee and write speeding tickets.  

How many coffees have you had? Whoosh. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

John King on CNN said that a high-ranking Democrat he spoke with said that on Sunday morning, they had a 5% chance, and now they have a 40% chance.

I feel like that's probably about right.  And it's a sobering thought.

I don't know about y'all, but it makes me want to work a phone bank.  If the worst comes to be, I have to be able to say that I tried.

A 40% chance is essentially a tossup.

50 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Man...40%? Let's say Harris picks Kelly which secures AZ and also carries PA and MI (both with popular Dem Governors). That is already 270 without even thinking about WI or GA. I just have a hard time seeing Trump's path if he does not win PA. Here's what I think is the floor for Harris right now:

image.thumb.png.19183c8a7ec1daa79d1b4a32a8e13172.png

As things stand now it's ridiculous to include any of those light blue states in a "floor" for Kamala Harris. You are implying she is a sure thing.

Her floor is removing those four and probably NM too. I think moving from Biden to Harris probably solidifies MN, VA, and NH for Democrats but it's still an uphill battle.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

This is going to be the most obvious thing that comes out after the campaign is over. If everyone just took the time to physically touch their own ear, see how big the round was used, and not come away with the realization that’d he be way more bloody or missing part of the back of his skull, than Manti Teo wants to tell you about his girlfriend.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

The quicker we forget about the shooting the better... volunteer time and donate money. the ticket to victory is project 2025 awareness, not the grassy knoll, even if we uncovered the conspiracy it would sway a single vote.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

This is going to be the most obvious thing that comes out after the campaign is over. If everyone just took the time to physically touch their own ear, see how big the round was used, and not come away with the realization that’d he be way more bloody or missing part of the back of his skull, than Manti Teo wants to tell you about his girlfriend.

Sir, it’s been well established on this site that the 556 is a special round that decapitates anything it hits.  Several treads and dozens of posts out front should have told you.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

My MAGA family talking points so far:
1. Nancy Pelosi and/or George Soros pulled off a coup! Nobody voted for Kamala. The evil Dems don't care about democracy. Also Kamala was involved in a cover up about Bidens health. When did she know?!?
2. Kamala invited all the illegal immigrants to come on over because they vote Dem. The MS-13 members are committing violent acts and also taking all the great jobs. 
3. She will turn America into a San Francisco hellscape. They are aborting babies, heroin needles everywhere and becoming trans or homeless.
4. She was only picked because she's black. Wait is she really even black? I heard she was Indian and Jamaican.
5. Did you hear about Kamala's sexual past?

Most frustrating part is their research or gotchas are Facebook posts or some random YouTube nut with 1000 views.

And people like that are lost. They always were, and always will be. Any breath spent arguing with them or trying to get them thinking clearly is wasted.
Move around and over them. We have to steamroll them, actually. Just fucking outnumber them and move forward.
They represent not a single +1 vote for Trump, or -1 for Kamala. They’re the baseline.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Dude, that game is even older than me.  First time I played it at school, it had already been out for 10-12 years.  It doesn't belong to your "wandering generation"  I was fording rivers and ripping off axles from tourists when you were getting over the dysentery.  Team CARPENTER for the win! 

e1481ffb-bbca-4489-9113-6c72193ddb40_tex

Doesn't mean that it isn't a perfect allegory for where we late 70s-early 80s kids fit.  Just sit there with your fellow Gen X forgottens and know you at least got to give us great music in the early 90s.  Let us have SOMETHING.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, mchookem said:

KA-ma-la which I might write 'Comma-la' like above. Emphasis on the first syllable. My first guess was ka-MA-la but that is not correct.

17 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

1. Nancy Pelosi and/or George Soros pulled off a coup! Nobody voted for Kamala. The evil Dems don't care about democracy. Also Kamala was involved in a cover up about Bidens health. When did she know?!?

2. Kamala invited all the illegal immigrants to come on over because they vote Dem. The MS-13 members are committing violent acts and also taking all the great jobs. 

3. She will turn America into a San Francisco hellscape. They are aborting babies, heroin needles everywhere and becoming trans or homeless.

4. She was only picked because she's black. Wait is she really even black? I heard she was Indian and Jamaican.

Most frustrating part is their research or gotchas are Facebook posts or some random YouTube nut with 1000 views.

The only answer from you should be:

9074bd35-c264-4c61-b462-1427a10e9308_tex

10 minutes ago, linux said:

The quicker we forget about the shooting the better... volunteer time and donate money. the ticket to victory is project 2025 awareness, not the grassy knoll, even if we uncovered the conspiracy it would sway a single vote.

what shooting?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i kind use this crutch, i think of a comma...

comma-la

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

e1481ffb-bbca-4489-9113-6c72193ddb40_tex

Doesn't mean that it isn't a perfect allegory for where we late 70s-early 80s kids fit.  Just sit there with your fellow Gen X forgottens and know you at least got to give us great music in the early 90s.  Let us have SOMETHING.

I'm right at the back third of Gen X by yaers/births.  It's about 5 you start to get into "stuff"---video games, music, tv shows, toys, world events, clothes, sports, etc.  Atari 5200, shitty music videos we thought were the tits, Star Wars movies, G.I. cartoons and toys, hand-me-down O.P. t-shirts, lawn darts, watching the Cubs after school, Reagan being beyond popular, cassette tapes, going to Benny's video to rent BetaMax copies of "scary" Disney movies like 'Escape to Witch Mountain', Icees, Highlights for Kids and Scholastic Book Fair waiting for you in the mailbox to wash down with some chocolate milk, my first Mongoose dirtbike, and puling the lionel train set I had bolted to some plywood under my bed on casters, and putting myself to sleep listening to slum hum of the cars way past anybody's bed time. 

We all have the markings of our generation tattoo'd across our brains.  But the one thing that was always true for every generation until the Boomers and significant portions of some subsequent generations was this:

We never elevated stupidity.  It was a liability.  There was sexism, misogyny,  racism, ignorance, uneducated, under-exposed, dumb asses----cost of doing business.  But in our working class/middle class neighborhoods and schools and workplaces...being willfully stupid was held in low regard.  There were kids you didn't play with because the parents weren't just saying and doing dumb shit and maybe from crappy schools, but they were legit stupid and proud of it.  But it was a unspoken on all sides.  They don't advertise it, we don't hold it against them.  

Go back and tell us younger Gen Xers that one day the same friends and family  we did all that fun shit with, that one day they'd advertise their stupidity and cruelty and you'd be shredding them from your life on the weekly, like Cholera-infected wagon mates in Wyoming.  We wouldn't have believed you, but here we all are. /csb

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Atari 5200, shitty music videos we thought were the tits, Star Wars movies, G.I. cartoons and toys, hand-me-down O.P. t-shirts, lawn darts, watching the Cubs after school, Reagan being beyond popular, cassette tapes, going to Benny's video to rent BetaMax copies of "scary" Disney movies like 'Escape to Witch Mountain', Icees, Highlights for Kids and Scholastic Book Fair waiting for you in the mailbox to wash down with some chocolate milk, my first Mongoose dirtbike, and puling the lionel train set I had bolted to some plywood under my bed on casters, and putting myself to sleep listening to slum hum of the cars way past anybody's bed time. 

Half of this is me too. It’s funny to see what overlaps. 

31 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Sir, it’s been well established on this site that the 556 is a special round that decapitates anything it hits.  Several treads and dozens of posts out front should have told you.  

Oh. Missed it. Unless you’re fucking with me. I don’t know.

image.gif.6dd60a45cf75f7fe73485d50580d0c78.gif

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Man...40%? Let's say Harris picks Kelly which secures AZ and also carries PA and MI (both with popular Dem Governors). That is already 270 without even thinking about WI or GA. I just have a hard time seeing Trump's path if he does not win PA. Here's what I think is the floor for Harris right now:

image.thumb.png.19183c8a7ec1daa79d1b4a32a8e13172.png

Civil warrrrrrr! Duh suuowth wheel rice uhgen!!!

Yeah, we're not special but we are different.  I have no empirical evidence, but I think those of born in the back 2/3rds of Gen X have something of a vantage point when it comes to politics and news (no matter where you fall on the spectrum). 

We play Oregon Trail and the Lemonade Stand games in elementary school.  By 5th grade, we're turning in book reports with something called Bank Street Writer.  By high school, they're bringing us into the new "computer lab" which is connected to the "World Wide Web."  There were only a few dozen sites we could use, so we still complimented it with hardcopy encyclopedias and well-edited newspapers and news magazines.  We get to college, the only message boards are sex chat rooms like Opium Den.  But we can start tracking our favorite band, movie clips, and news articles.  There was political content but it was long-time established stuff like Mother Jones and American Standard.  The only non-network news we consumed was CNN and that basically just to watch shit in Iraq blow up.  Talk radio was about relationship advice and local pothole issues.   We are the first adopters of mass message boards and a broader range of new and political sites.  But because we came up the foodchain with the technology and had our arms around the analog version of it all, we are skeptical at all this superfluous bullshit online.  It's about this time we receive our first email titled, "FWD: FWD: FWD; Rush Limbaugh says this about Vince Foster"  Boomers figure out how to use it, but have decades of preconceptions and stereotypes, so they immediately glob onto what feels comfortable and familiar.  The generations after ours don't know the printed/analog world/limited access to fringe news, they just assume this is what has always been like so they go out seeking their niche.  Some find validation and fraternity, some find bizarre paths to walk down, and invent social media along the way.  And then in our late 20's-mid 30's, the smart phone comes along and feeds that opioid straight into the veins of everyone with almost no effort, just consumption of content (however twisted). 

tl, dr-we're not better as Gen Xers.  We just went from Newsweek, Dan Rather, a thick and fact-checked Sunday paper, knew the library like the back of our hands, 'Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, to being the first to really use the WWW regularly to use legit sites for legit information.  Everybody else was either parachuted in later to pick cafeteria style, or they never knew a world without a stream of running bullshit.   

• Hook 'Em 6

Interesting to see Kamala pronunciation discussion. It is a very common Indian name with all three vowels being short and same (like “duh”). Of course, she may have her own way to pronounce her name and I haven’t heard her say her name. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

35m seems kinda low actually.  Richard Warren alone accounts for something like 10 million descendants. 

Holy shit... That means Liz can celebrate the first Thanksgiving all by herself. 

image.png.4f37d336795511d74fae21e538cb8ac3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

Interesting to see Kamala pronunciation discussion. It is a very common Indian name with all three vowels being short and same (like “duh”). Of course, she may have her own way to pronounce her name and I haven’t heard her say her name. 

Fucking really?

Well, I did it.  Read 24 hours of posts in the last 90 minutes.  Stupid work.

Seemed like a light newsday other than the GQP continuing to hang itself as anticipated.

One thing I'll chime in on is that there's is NO way Trump is going to be able to unchain himself from Vance.  There are much more powerful people behind the scene that know they are one McD supersized combo from a Vance presidency if he gets elected.

They know their platform, which effectively is let rich people do whatever the fuck they want and the hell with people and the planet, does not allow them to collect power via free elections.  They've commandeered the Trump candidacy to achieve their objectives and no amount of ridicule heaped upon Trump for picking Vance will empower Trump to force a change.

He's 100% stuck with him.  Hammer his ass relentlessly for the next 100 days.

• Hook 'Em 4

The only people that pronounce Kamala's name like it rhymes with "Impala" are right wing blowhards or those that consume too much media from them.

It's comma-la. It's not hard. It means "lotus" and it's a fairly common name, as pointed out above. Just another one of those under the radar attempts to emphasize her weird foreign name. It's Barack HUSSEIN Obama all over again. Don't fall for it.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

I read. I don’t watch. 

Did you watch that easily accessible video where 4 different people say her name and she says her own name at the end? 

2 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Trump raped a 13 yo

game set match

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

6 hours ago, AeroHorn said:

Of course, she may have her own way to pronounce her name and I haven’t heard her say her name. 

Go watch her VP debate

Kamala Harris Debate GIF by Election 2020

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh so a proper vetting

According to the MLA, when referring to Vance the proper word choice is casting

11 hours ago, closetohumping said:

This is the interior OL for the BVadgers

They're know as the Pink People Eaters

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

First ad

I like the message, but if I were to nit pick, I wouldn't be opposed to a little more energy in her voice.

I thought the same about the ad yesterday where she just said she approved "of this message".

In the ad with Elizabeth Warren, she spoke with more oomph... I want that Kamala.