2024 Presidential Election Thread - Let's keep the party going.

bolverk

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

I hope they pull some stupid shit. The capitol will be a fucking fortress.

I PRAY they pull some stupid shit.  And that our capitol is protected by some folks who 1) brought crates of ammo, and 2) understand fields of fire.

main-qimg-ef280357fdd27227fbb3a239f7585b

BRING.

IT.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

It would be interesting to look at what some of these specific polls said in the previous election at this time. What did AZ have trump up then? 

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-general/2020/arizona/

Biden around 50 and Trump in the mid 40s. Of course, this ended up being wrong. However, polling has been a shit show this year, and Harris has been the candidate for a couple days. I would wait on polling until after VP pick, convention, Trump’s sentencing, and the rate cuts.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, South Austin said:

So, why "on the verge"?  Why wait?  Is this just timing staged to add another jolt of excitement?  

The timing is probably part of it. Claire McCaskill was talking on her How to Win podcast about how many Democrats endorsed her so quickly and how they might want the remaining ones to stagger it out a little bit for the sake of appearance.

But Obama didn’t immediately endorse her because he didn’t want to look like he was putting his thumb on the scales. He withheld his endorsement during the primaries in 2016 too. Kamala just recently locked up enough delegates to secure the nomination so Obama’s endorsement is a matter of course. I can understand wanting to make an event out of it that will draw some eyeballs rather than just having him release a statement.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

All true, but somebody check Mayorkas for tire marks.

200.gif

LOL Mayorkas and Merrick are gone day 1 of a Harris Admin.  We all know it. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, mchookem said:

lol i'm starting to think this guy really doesn't want to win 🤨

This is about the timeframe of the 2020 campaign, where he was floating the idea that the ONLY way he could lose would be a rigged/stolen election BS. I remember him claiming they had all the votes they needed back then as well. Dude is playing the greatest hits. Its all he has. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The timing is probably part of it. Claire McCaskill was talking on her How to Win podcast about how many Democrats endorsed her so quickly and how they might want the remaining ones to stagger it out a little bit for the sake of appearance.

But Obama didn’t immediately endorse her because he didn’t want to look like he was putting his thumb on the scales. He withheld his endorsement during the primaries in 2016 too. Kamala just recently locked up enough delegates to secure the nomination so Obama’s endorsement is a matter of course. I can understand wanting to make an event out of it that will draw some eyeballs rather than just having him release a statement.

And this.

The Dem strategy has to include keeping up a relentless cascade of good news/momentum.  If you don't flood the zone, the Trumpists flood it with their insane shrieking lies.  So, fill the airwaves with "this respected person loves and supports me....and then THIS respected person supports and loves me....and here's THIS big piece of economic good news.....and isn't Taylor's new song "Harris is Fucking Awesome" a banger?"

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

This is about the timeframe of the 2020 campaign, where he was floating the idea that the ONLY was he could lose would be a rigged/stolen election BS. I remember him claiming they had all the votes they needed back then as well. Dude is playing the greatest hits. Its all he has. 

He’ll probably have a victory speech at 5pm est on election day.  At least he isn’t around to pressure the post office on removal of mailboxes to prevent mail-in votes. 

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

The problem isn't that the economy isn't growing, it's that the growth is disproportionately benefiting the elite.  The vast majority of Americans aren't reaping the rewards of the economic growth.

World's top 1% gained $42 trillion over the last decade, taxes at record lows

And right there in your link text is the opening for Dems to remind people that it was liberal policies that built an economy that actually grew for the middle class and not just the elites.

If economy is truly the #1 thing on the persuadable folks minds, you have to lean in, you have to make your case. Then, if you want another term, you have do deliver.

The Right has had yet another shot at showing us that laissez-faire tendencies are the rising tide that lifts all boats, and have, once again proven their thesis WRONG. I think the persuadables are correct. The economy isn't working for the bottom 4 quartiles. We are badly in need of a course correction.

I doubt you can sell social democracy in 90 days, but you can sell individual policies to strengthen worker protections and benefits. 

Elections are about giving things to people. Trump is giving his wealthy donors lower taxes and less regulation, and to his poorer cult followers, he's giving them increased self-worth by elevating them above brown people. Make this election about shifting subsidies away from the top 1% and towards the other 99%, and fulfilling the promise that we consider all people equal. Own the economy as an issue. But understand that the reason it is an issue is it is very much not growing for most people.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Holy shit. It's happening. They are figuring it out. 

Instantly reminded me of a Buttigieg rally where a kid asked him how to handle bullies. 

So good. Hopefully our president in 2032. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He has behaved for all 3 elections like a fix was in. 

Well, there IS a fix that's in: a lot of people really hate giant assholes.  He is locked out of the "I hate giant assholes" vote.

The challenge is that a lot of other people apparently really LOVE giant assholes.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Where the fuck is the official outlet for these? I cannot find it. 

It was posted by George Conway on Threads - likely coming from an email distribution list I'd guess.

ETA it was a press release.

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Was he trying for like a witty Yogi Berra-ism, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" kinda thing? 

"Nobody voted for me because I had too many votes."???  I get that he's trying to encourage voter suppression, but of his own base?  That seems like a weird play, even for him.  

40 minutes ago, mdmost said:

When they fuck couches, we do not. 

(me zipping up pants and falling over armrest), "Wait, what are we doing?  Or not doing?  I'm supporting Harris, what do we not do though?  Am I doing it right?"  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

(me zipping up pants and falling over armrest), "Wait, what are we doing?  Or not doing?  I'm supporting Harris, what do we not do though?  Am I doing it right?"  

As for me, I'm much classier, and dig the frenchies.  That's why I only get it on with settees and divans.  They're the Catherine Denueve of couches.  Ohh la la.

61Iwlzet+yL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Drool 2

9 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Was he trying for like a witty Yogi Berra-ism, "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" kinda thing? 

"Nobody voted for me because I had too many votes."???  I get that he's trying to encourage voter suppression, but of his own base?  That seems like a weird play, even for him.  

I think the morons on the couch picked up on it and were trying to get him off the phone as quickly as possible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

We bring our love of brutal honestly, distrust of authority, sarcasm, casual sex, binge drinking, and weed and give no fucks about appeasing the other side. Roll over boomers, a reckoning is here.

This is the best stuff I see of post boomer generations or at least the college types. I've particularly noticed to indifference to bland emotional appeals. I still have the feeling of the younger person trying to please before anything else.

Interestingly, I think what you describe is very much working America before WW2 if movies are any indication. Not so much weed and who knows about casual sex.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yep. As soon as Kamala accepts the nomination, she’ll have Obama’s full-throated endorsement. He’s just waiting until it’s official. 

So far, this roll-out seems so well thought out that I think they see some assets that can be applied over time to provide a boost. When things settle down or at the convention, Obama's oratory and endorsement could be electrifying.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As for me, I'm much classier, and dig the frenchies.  That's why I only get it on with settees and divans.  They're the Catherine Denueve of couches.  Ohh la la.

61Iwlzet+yL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

NTTIAWWT, do you

image.png.90cd75e6118e7ab03f0585be6d4a9129.png

1 minute ago, Bodhi said:

NTTIAWWT, do you

image.png.90cd75e6118e7ab03f0585be6d4a9129.png

In a related story, in the mid 1970s, my parents had a couch in a pattern that looked remarkably like that photo.

I did not fuck it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

So far, this roll-out seems so well thought out that I think they see some assets that can be applied over time to provide a boost. When things settle down or at the convention, Obama's oratory and endorsement could be electrifying.

Can someone lock up Hillary until this election is over?  Don't get me wrong, I always thought she would make a great President and gladly voted for her in 2016; but we don't need ANY reason for the magats to start their bullshit about Hillary vying to steal the nomination away at the last second.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Video:

Point of order.  The "Border Czar" thing is complete bullshit.  She was tasked with working in the Northern Triangle to stop immigration at the source.

Which is why she never went to the southwestern border.  Her remit was further south.

https://time.com/7001817/kamala-harris-immigration/

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

06800d7dfcead85dde710106c79ac15f.jpg

A lot of this.  But even shorter and punchier.

To the right audience:

"He lowered taxes for some rich people who donated millions to him.  He didn't lower YOUR taxes -- he's lying.

He didn't fix roads or bridges.  There was never an "infrastructure week."  He lied about that.

He didn't do a single thing to fix our healthcare system.  He said he had a plan to show us in "two weeks."  He said that 8 years ago.  He still hasn't shown any plan, because....follow me here....he was lying.

Do you see the pattern here?  Convicted Felon Donald Trump didn't do ANYTHING to help the American people who matter -- you, the people who get up every day and work to make things better for you and your family and your community.  The only thing he did is lie about it.  Because lying is what he does."

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

These are the same morons who don't get that we really need a guest worker program and some form of amnesty for people already here that makes them non-voting permanent residents. But we can't do that because they did something illegal and that's wrong. DEPORT EM ALL...even though a lot of them have been here for years or decades and been upstanding citizens who keep their heads down and put money into the local economy. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2